Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS

Brodirt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Lightning Blue Ecoboost AT PP every option.
OP
OP

Bedwelljp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2017 ecoboost Mustang
I Installed one like it from another vendor in my 2018 3 weeks ago, along with another ebay performance part, the pipe kit, and they are excellent. I posted a review on the big intercooler tread pasted up top of the forum.
when you say another vendor , do you mean on ebay as the link is here in your reply.

Sponsored

Zinc03svt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
stang
I ran an ebay Magic IC on my 2016 mk7 GTI. Was first one to take the plunge and was pretty much made fun of until testing showed it kicked ass. Then a bunch of people started buying them @ $300 and ran more logs showing they where as good as the $700-900 brand label ones. :).

Brodirt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Lightning Blue Ecoboost AT PP every option.
I ran an ebay Magic IC on my 2016 mk7 GTI. Was first one to take the plunge and was pretty much made fun of until testing showed it kicked ass. Then a bunch of people started buying them @ $300 and ran more logs showing they where as good as the $700-900 brand label ones. :).
They are FAIAP the same; likely come from the same production line.
The car immediately ran smoother, as per my review I think that is more to the charge pipes; but charge temps were down in the area of 30 degrees.
I am very happy with my purchase; time will tell about durability, but I dont foresee an issue.

PRG3k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Turbo
Ebay + performance parts = no.
This is a blanket statement. Half bullshit, half truth. This debate always comes up.

Things like intake pipes, exhaust sections and other crap are often times usually just ripoff molds of the high-end units at cheaper prices or the same exact thing. Once I inspected the welds on my catless DP I got off of the Bay (the popular one), I had no second thoughts about putting it on. If the welds won't fail, what else would? Its just a pipe. Its the same shit. In the case of the ebay intercooler, you will no doubt be getting a cheap, heavy core and fitment won't be guaranteed, but once its on, you'll still notice an improvement over the stock unit. No one here is recommending someone go out and buy an ebay turbo kit or a set of coilovers, although plenty of people have done that too. I'm all for supporting the vendors of this platform so don't get me wrong on that account.

Juben

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Mustang (AT) w/PP
I know quite a few people running these eBay intercoolers with decent/good results. At this point in time, I think almost any upgrade is better than the stock unit.

A lot of the cheaper units appear to be reps of the higher priced units and usually material quality is where you'll see issues. However, with that said, I haven't seen any failures with them by the people I know that's running them. They all seem to be very content with the performance and value per dollar for the eBay units.

Most people seem to forget that everyone doesn't have the same budget. If it's in your budget to get a cheaper upgrade until finding something nicer, then do it. It cannot be overstated how big of a pile the stock unit is and even the cheapest units I've seen installed still perform better and more consistently than stock.

If you want to see how well it does, log it with an Accessport or find a friend with HP Tuners and do some comparison logs.
Sponsored