Sponsored

Would YOU spend $80,000.00 on a Shelby with FORD stock crashing?

Zitrosounds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350R/16 GT350TP/15 GT-PP/12 GT-PP
Ford is still controlled by the family. They avoided the industry meltdown a while back by not taking the buyout: The “Family” could have been wiped out. So that wasn’t going to happen.
When the stock dropped below $2 back then, I bought a bunch and made a bunch.
So I doubt Ford is going anywhere. Its still a very profitable, multi-billion company.
Playing in the stock market is not for the faint of heart.
I did the same with Nike as I did with Ford. Not as big as a score but made good money none the less.
Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Buying a GT350 or GT350R and not driving it is like dating a freaky and hot model and never touching her (with that being your choice). Garage queens are a waste.

rb92gt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Cooled Tech
Buying a GT350 or GT350R and not driving it is like dating a freaky and hot model and never touching her (with that being your choice). Garage queens are a waste.
There is an exception... if you have enough money to have a bunch of "hot models," some of those models are bound to not get "driven." Maybe?!

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
There is an exception... if you have enough money to have a bunch of "hot models," some of those models are bound to not get "driven." Maybe?!
Nah. Drive them all.

Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Kinda like having two R's I guess. One I drive and the other is for future use.

OP
OP
YOLO

YOLO

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C6 Z06, Lexus GS350
You can call it what you will, I just used that as reference.

But the bottom line is they didn't borrow Obozo's money so I am not worried about them going anywhere now.
They're all Whores.

It wasn't O'Bozos money but the Taxpayers money.

Did they get bailout money from other sources in the government? Yes they did… and a lot of it.

Let’s reset the timeline history. The big three automakers appeared before Congress in November of 2008, requesting $50 billion to avoid bankruptcy.

Congress put the automakers in the hot seat and refused their initial request, sending the automakers back home to refine their plans. Congress was willing to loan the companies money as long as it was tied to the development of energy efficient vehicles. GM, Ford, and Chrysler wanted another 25 billion from the TARP fund, largely to support the auto unions and jobs within the companies.

In December of 2008, the automakers came back to Congress requesting $35 billion, of which Congress agreed to $23.4 billion in bailout money using TARP funds.

What The Automakers Got

The breakdown of the Automotive Industry Finance Program had loans to provide operating cash to GM and Chrysler, as well as money available for the car buyers through GMAC.

General Motors was awarded a $13.4 billion loan with $6 billion set aside for GMAC. Chrysler was given a $4 billion loan. These amounts were determined to be the best alternatives for the companies by Congress.

Does that mean that Ford did not get any money from the government? Hardly.

Congress decided that the best alternative for Ford was to get funds from the Term Asset-Backed Securities Loan Facility (TALF), which is a government program for auto, student, and other consumer loans. These were very low-cost government loans to the tune of $5.9 billion that helped Ford tip-toe past bankruptcy and overhaul their factories to bring out more fuel-efficient technology. The Obama administration’s plans of having a million electric cars on the road by 2015 were being funneled through Ford and two other companies (Nissan and Tesla), and Ford fans had the audacity to call GM “Government Motors.”

That was the tradeoff for Ford. They promised to fast-track development of energy-efficient vehicles and consolidate operations by making “greener” cars that the Obama administration wanted to see.

Ford Credit borrowed $15.9 billion dollars as opposed to GMAC, GM’s financing arm which borrowed $13.9 billion. These numbers make the perception that Ford was the only Detroit-based company that didn’t need a federal handout during the economic crash completely false.

For their part, GM agreed to streamline the number of brands they produce. The big three CEOs agreed to work for $1 a year and sell their corporate jets as well.

Let’s be honest here: Ford has gotten a free pass and earned market shares for being the only US automaker that “didn’t take bailout money,” when they did in fact, take government loans with the condition of making cars that the government wanted.

Which company was truly “Government Motors” in the real behind the scenes scenario? That would be Ford, of course.

All of this information is public and easily researched.

Then the next time a Ford owner says; “At least Ford didn’t take bailout money,” you can call BS and set the record straight. :curse:

rick81721

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 LB H6153
They're all Whores.

It wasn't O'Bozos money but the Taxpayers money.

Did they get bailout money from other sources in the government? Yes they did… and a lot of it.

Let’s reset the timeline history. The big three automakers appeared before Congress in November of 2008, requesting $50 billion to avoid bankruptcy.

Congress put the automakers in the hot seat and refused their initial request, sending the automakers back home to refine their plans. Congress was willing to loan the companies money as long as it was tied to the development of energy efficient vehicles. GM, Ford, and Chrysler wanted another 25 billion from the TARP fund, largely to support the auto unions and jobs within the companies.

In December of 2008, the automakers came back to Congress requesting $35 billion, of which Congress agreed to $23.4 billion in bailout money using TARP funds.

What The Automakers Got

The breakdown of the Automotive Industry Finance Program had loans to provide operating cash to GM and Chrysler, as well as money available for the car buyers through GMAC.

General Motors was awarded a $13.4 billion loan with $6 billion set aside for GMAC. Chrysler was given a $4 billion loan. These amounts were determined to be the best alternatives for the companies by Congress.

Does that mean that Ford did not get any money from the government? Hardly.

Congress decided that the best alternative for Ford was to get funds from the Term Asset-Backed Securities Loan Facility (TALF), which is a government program for auto, student, and other consumer loans. These were very low-cost government loans to the tune of $5.9 billion that helped Ford tip-toe past bankruptcy and overhaul their factories to bring out more fuel-efficient technology. The Obama administration’s plans of having a million electric cars on the road by 2015 were being funneled through Ford and two other companies (Nissan and Tesla), and Ford fans had the audacity to call GM “Government Motors.”

That was the tradeoff for Ford. They promised to fast-track development of energy-efficient vehicles and consolidate operations by making “greener” cars that the Obama administration wanted to see.

Ford Credit borrowed $15.9 billion dollars as opposed to GMAC, GM’s financing arm which borrowed $13.9 billion. These numbers make the perception that Ford was the only Detroit-based company that didn’t need a federal handout during the economic crash completely false.

For their part, GM agreed to streamline the number of brands they produce. The big three CEOs agreed to work for $1 a year and sell their corporate jets as well.

Let’s be honest here: Ford has gotten a free pass and earned market shares for being the only US automaker that “didn’t take bailout money,” when they did in fact, take government loans with the condition of making cars that the government wanted.

Which company was truly “Government Motors” in the real behind the scenes scenario? That would be Ford, of course.

All of this information is public and easily researched.

Then the next time a Ford owner says; “At least Ford didn’t take bailout money,” you can call BS and set the record straight. :curse:
The anti-Ford troll is back. Hey nice cut-and-paste job from chevy hardcore website... what a surprise:

https://www.chevyhardcore.com/news/editorial-did-ford-take-bailout-money-too-yes-they-did/

Here's the real story. If you call Ford's loan to retool plants for ev production, then Nissan and Tesla also received "bailouts", since they got the same loans

https://www.thebalance.com/auto-industry-bailout-gm-ford-chrysler-3305670

OP
OP
YOLO

YOLO

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C6 Z06, Lexus GS350
The anti-Ford troll is back. Hey nice cut-and-paste job from chevy hardcore website... what a surprise:

https://www.chevyhardcore.com/news/editorial-did-ford-take-bailout-money-too-yes-they-did/

Here's the real story. If you call Ford's loan to retool plants for ev production, then Nissan and Tesla also received "bailouts", since they got the same loans

https://www.thebalance.com/auto-industry-bailout-gm-ford-chrysler-3305670

Did you think I wrote the article? :crackup:

It's a known Fact that Ford borrowed Billions but most people think otherwise.

I'm not brand loyal, aka YOU.

You must have stock in Ford Motor Co.

How about I provide a dozen links that have nothing to do with Chebby?

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
So this topic really has nothing to do with a GT350 or you buying one. You really are a troll. You came here to start a bunch of crap for your own personal amusement.

You had another one of your threads over in the 500 section locked due to "trolling". Hmm, I wonder who the mod was referring to?

troll2
trōl/
verb
gerund or present participle: trolling
  1. 1.
    informal
    make a deliberately offensive or provocative online post with the aim of upsetting someone or eliciting an angry response from them.
Your posts seem to fit the above definition. You do not contribute anything here, but instead start a bunch of unnecessary drama to promote your own agenda.

YOLO, huh?
YOLO is a popular online acronym that stands for: "You Only Live Once." It's used as a motto to convey the idea that you should take risks and live life to the fullest because you only have one life to live and you may be missing out on a lot of exciting things

You are missing out on a lot of things here, YOLO. You come in here and waste yours and everyone else's time. Your posts are all controversial, negative, and unproductive. Why not focus your energy on living life to the fullest instead of sitting in front of a keyboard getting some kind of cheap thrill (like your username suggests)? If you are an adult (big if there), and you are going to buy a GT350 (a bigger if), then go ahead and do so. I'd welcome you as a productive member. But in the mean time, based upon your behavior so far, you are nothing but a troll.

Have a nice day, lol

Sponsored

Zitrosounds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350R/16 GT350TP/15 GT-PP/12 GT-PP
So this topic really has nothing to do with a GT350 or you buying one. You really are a troll. You came here to start a bunch of crap for your own personal amusement.

You had another one of your threads over in the 500 section locked due to "trolling". Hmm, I wonder who the mod was referring to?

troll2
trōl/
verb
gerund or present participle: trolling
  1. 1.
    informal
    make a deliberately offensive or provocative online post with the aim of upsetting someone or eliciting an angry response from them.
Your posts seem to fit the above definition. You do not contribute anything here, but instead start a bunch of unnecessary drama to promote your own agenda.

YOLO, huh?
YOLO is a popular online acronym that stands for: "You Only Live Once." It's used as a motto to convey the idea that you should take risks and live life to the fullest because you only have one life to live and you may be missing out on a lot of exciting things

You are missing out on a lot of things here, YOLO. You come in here and waste yours and everyone else's time. Your posts are all controversial, negative, and unproductive. Why not focus your energy on living life to the fullest instead of sitting in front of a keyboard getting some kind of cheap thrill (like your username suggests)? If you are an adult (big if there), and you are going to buy a GT350 (a bigger if), then go ahead and do so. I'd welcome you as a productive member. But in the mean time, based upon your behavior so far, you are nothing but a troll.

Have a nice day, lol
ADMINS!! please!!! I plead that YOLO or whatever alias "it" chooses be banned for LIFE!!! GO AWAY!!!!!

JimsFury

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT (Grabber Lime), 1996 Ford Ranger
Did you think I wrote the article? :crackup:

It's a known Fact that Ford borrowed Billions but most people think otherwise.

I'm not brand loyal, aka YOU.

You must have stock in Ford Motor Co.

How about I provide a dozen links that have nothing to do with Chebby?

You're not the "know it all" that you think you are. GM and yes Government Motors borrows $52 billion and did not pay back the remaining $11 billion, thats fact. Honestly I dont give a damn who borrowed what but I do know FMC went to the hearings in Washington and asked for the bailout money for GM and Chrysler because had they not gotten that money it would have sucked Ford right down with them because of all of the suppliers who would have not been paid. There was a book out some time ago and I cant remember the name of for the life of me but it chronicled GM's downfall which actually started happening in the 60's, I just wish I could remember the name of the book so I could let you find it and read it about your almighty GM and yes Government Motors.
Sponsored