Roll Bar and Harness Recommendations

kcc0521

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bo
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT PP
Did you get the bar yet? I am in the same boat and don't want to give up the back seat for my 6 year old. I need to determine when he can safely ride in the front seat.
Sponsored

OP
OP

rts9364

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Oxford White GT
Did you get the bar yet? I am in the same boat and don't want to give up the back seat for my 6 year old. I need to determine when he can safely ride in the front seat.
Yes it's in my garage and the car interior is gutted. That's where it sits. Along with not having a lot of free time to work on it, I also got side-tracked because I needed to drop the IRS cradle anyway, I figured the installation of the rear bars through the trunk floor would be much easier with the cradle out of the way (not saying I would recommend all that work that JUST to install the cage, BTW!). So anyway, the cradle is out now and the interior is gutted, so hopefully I will actually start on the roll bar one of these nights soon.

I am still not 100% sure what I am going to do with the bar for the longer term (as long as I want use of the back seat). I am probably going to try just taking it to the track with the interior panels out and bar bolted in, and then take the bar completely back out and put all the panels back in after the track. Hang the main hoop and bars on the wall or something in between track days. I'll see how long it takes me to get tired of that routine. (in reality the needed use of the back seat goes hand in hand with not having a lot of time to go to the track, so I won't be going back and forth a lot.) I will probably do that for as long as I can stand it until I declare the car a full racecar and either do a more permanent installation or go to a full cage.