Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
  • Banned
I could spend days going through threads here to get my question answered. But in the first few threads I did go through, the product was then no longer abailable.

I want to replace the stupid base-model center-console head unit (with that stupid key-pad) with something that looks good, is very easy to install, and works with my Android phone. I want my phone's screen to be on the car's screen, and be touch-screen. Basically, I want my phone to be represented on the screen. I don't need GPS (phone does that), just the basics, and I want it to look good.

But everything for 2015-2017 cars seems to be out of production.

Please help. Please point me in the direction of a cost-effect and complete kit I can install myself.
Sponsored

OP
OP
NoVaGT

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
  • Banned
O.k......holy hell, I Googled 2015-2017 Mustang Android, and there are several of these systems that claim to be plug and play.

But there are so many friggin' acronyms, and shit I don't understand. And they all appear to be GPSs too.

ETA: O.k.....how about this one? https://www.ebay.com/i/372172880255?chn=ps

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
Any of them running Android should be able to run Google Maps, Waze, or any other alternative. You just need to make sure it comes with a GPS antenna and that you have some source of internet for it (I use my phone as a hotspot).

Some will have the ability to replicate your phone on the car screen, but usually it doesn't run all that well and drains your phone battery faster than it can charge it. I think @randy_tho has that unit or maybe it was @[email protected]. Look for threads on the Seicane unit as that's who manufactures it.

I did come across a new (to me at least) unit yesterday, the company distributing them goes by Rhino Radios. Here's a link: https://rhinoradios.com/collections...tical-screen-android-radio-with-2k-resolution

It has a bigger screen than the Tesla and looks a bit different (buttons on both sides). Not sure if actually runs any better though!

OP
OP
NoVaGT

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
  • Banned
Any of them running Android should be able to run Google Maps, Waze, or any other alternative. You just need to make sure it comes with a GPS antenna and that you have some source of internet for it (I use my phone as a hotspot).

Some will have the ability to replicate your phone on the car screen, but usually it doesn't run all that well and drains your phone battery faster than it can charge it. I think @randy_tho has that unit or maybe it was @[email protected]. Look for threads on the Seicane unit as that's who manufactures it.

I did come across a new (to me at least) unit yesterday, the company distributing them goes by Rhino Radios. Here's a link: https://rhinoradios.com/collections...tical-screen-android-radio-with-2k-resolution

It has a bigger screen than the Tesla and looks a bit different (buttons on both sides). Not sure if actually runs any better though!
That does look.......interesting.

I do think I'd prefer to not have the Tesla-look huge screen. More something like the standard Premium Mustang look. That kit does look complete though, should be easy to install for those that like the look. The missing buttons for HVAC, AdvanceTrac, steering, etc. would scare the hell out of me.

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
The 8" units are your best bet then. I'm going to take mine out sometime in the next month to give Sync 3 a shot, just waiting for a harness.

randy_tho

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah there aren't any really simple solutions that work very well for the base models. I've not used the screen mirroring on the seicane 10" type. I do have here maps and some other stuff on it. I'm about to start looking for a good MP3 player though. The built in one is kind of a pain to navigate.
Sponsored