Sponsored

Just hit 14k miles on my 18..what am I doing wrong?

The_Phantom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
We were on are way home from a 3 hr road trip last week and my son sits in the rear seat all the time about 1 hr into the trip we started to hear a noise coming from the passenger side rear.
After about 5 min of that it got really annoying, so he started moving his hand around the plastic to the right of the seat if you where in the rear passenger side. With in a min or so he was able to stop the sound on command by placing some pressure on one spot on the panel.
Following day I removed that panel and found that there are some foam blocks on the inside of the plastic used to help support it so it does not collapse when someone pushes on it.
These blocks are held in with a sort of washer with teeth that grab a plastic post, that over time lossen up, allowing the block to vibrate and then squeak or rattle against the plastic and the metal of the body.
I removed both blocks and used some stick backed Velcro, just the soft fuzzy part and ran it across the block to keep the parts from touching and making any sound if they were to loosen up again.
All in all it took about 35 mins to pull out the panel remove the clips and blocks, apply the Velcro, put the blocks back and put the panel and the rear seat bottom back in.
Haven’t had a sound since,now I’m just waiting for the drivers side to start.
Hope this is the solution to your problem.
+1 like for this!

It sounds like it is coming from the same side. When I get some time, I'll take off my panel and see if it is the same issue.

First person I've heard to experience this rattle as well, so thank you very much for the tip!
Sponsored

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
+1 like for this!

It sounds like it is coming from the same side. When I get some time, I'll take off my panel and see if it is the same issue.

First person I've heard to experience this rattle as well, so thank you very much for the tip!

If or when you attempt - can you post some detailed pics of the fix which will help future owners to fix the same?

Thx in advance.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
@GNN60GT500

Glad you are having good luck with yours.

Mine with 13.7K miles (Purchased Jan 2018) has had rattles in the driver side A pillar, passenger side C pillar/rear dash area, paint bubbling issues, driver side C pillar started to come off as the clips are of such low quality, the driver seat bolstering is showing wear on the leather and stitching despite the fact that I clean the seats and treat them with Lexol monthly, to prevent this sort of thing. There is a vibration/shake in the steering wheel and foot-well area that is not going away even after getting a road force balancing and rotation. This vibration is making my rear view mirror buzz and results in a blurry image. I am sure I am forgetting a couple of others things but yea not all of us are so lucky!

Some of the A-pillar issues that may be causing your noises:

1) The tweeter grille covers are known to rattle. These can be carefully removed using a very small flat head screwdriver OR a small metal hook device. Once removed, using very small pieces of self adhesive felt, cut a few small pieces and adhere it to the surface edges of the A-pillar tweeter hole. Replace tweeter cover and that should stop that annoying rattle.

2) A-pillar squeaks or obscene plastic on plastic noises. This can be due to A-pillar plastic touching lower bottom corners of dashboard and windshield, as well as forward facing edge touching windshield glass. Remove A-pillar plastic - once removed trim some of the A-pillar plastic back - just enough so it gives more of a gap between the other surfaces (so it also does not look out of place). You can use a piece of sandpaper to remove material, an X-acto hobby knife going along edges or if you are good with a mechanical Dremel. You don’t need to remove a lot of material!! Place self adhesive felt between corner of dash (that faces A-pillar) and bottom edge of the A-pilllar plastic (that faces corner of dash). Reinstall A-pillar plastic.

3) Rattle behind A-pilllar; remove A-pillar plastic, make sure all harnesses and air bag tethers are in place - any loose pieces tie back with zip ties, or use duct tape. Line back side of A-pillar plastic with self adhesive felt. Also line the entire length of the windshield A-pillar where any metal or plastic pieces are exposed that may come in contact with the backside of the A-pillar plastic. DO NOT impede or cover ANY part of the airbag curtain! Reinstall A-pillar plastic.

That should help with that area of the car.

The center dash assembly with the vents or cut outs for PP gauges AND the matching side pieces are known to cause annoyances. Remove and line entire back side and areas near clips with self adesive felt, reinstall.

The center speaker grille is another annoyance - again, remove (can only remove if center dash piece is removed first) and line back side of it with self adhesive felt and reinstall.

The felt comes in all colors and can be purchased at Michael’s Craft Stores, AC Moore, online or any such places around the world that sell crafts.

:)

Last edited:

gmupatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT (Orange Fury), 401A, A10, 3.55
Some of the A-pillar issues that may be causing your noises:

1) The tweeter grille covers are known to rattle. These can be carefully removed using a very small flat head screwdriver OR a small metal hook device. Once removed, using very small pieces of self adhesive felt, cut a few small pieces and adhere it to the surface edges of the A-pillar tweeter hole. Replace tweeter cover and that should stop that annoying rattle.

2) A-pillar squeaks or obscene plastic on plastic noises. This can be due to A-pillar plastic touching lower bottom corners of dashboard and windshield, as well as forward facing edge touching windshield glass. Remove A-pillar plastic - once removed trim some of the A-pillar plastic back - just enough so it gives more of a gap between the other surfaces (so it also does not look out of place). You can use a piece of sandpaper to remove material, an X-acto hobby knife going along edges or if you are good with a mechanical Dremel. You don’t need to remove a lot of material!! Place self adhesive felt between corner of dash (that faces A-pillar) and bottom edge of the A-pilllar plastic (that faces corner of dash). Reinstall A-pillar plastic.

3) Rattle behind A-pilllar; remove A-pillar plastic, make sure all harnesses and air bag tethers are in place - any loose pieces tie back with zip ties, or use duct tape. Line back side of A-pillar plastic with self adhesive felt. Also line the entire length of the windshield A-pillar where any metal or plastic pieces are exposed that may come in contact with the backside of the A-pillar plastic. DO NOT impede or cover ANY part of the airbag curtain! Reinstall A-pillar plastic.

That should help with that area of the car.

The center dash assembly with the vents or cut outs for PP gauges AND the matching side pieces are known to cause annoyances. Remove and line entire back side and areas near clips with self adesive felt, reinstall.

The center speaker grille is another annoyance - again, remove (can only remove if center dash piece is removed first) and line back side of it with self adhesive felt and reinstall.

The felt comes in all colors and can be purchased at Michael’s Craft Stores, AC Moore, online or any such places around the world that sell crafts.

:)
Thank you sir. I was able to fix the A pillar issue using Velcro. It turns out that the clip to power the tweeters was a loose fit and had to be glued into its socket so it would stop making the buzzing sound.

The other two issues with rattles I have are from the center dash area and that I will fix as you instructed and the C-pillar area, passenger side (including the rear dash and the area below the rear quarter window) has a rattle sound as well that I need to address.

Other than that the car is good to go as far as rattles are concerned. Appreciate all your input.

The_Phantom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
If or when you attempt - can you post some detailed pics of the fix which will help future owners to fix the same?

Thx in advance.
Yes I will. I MAY be able to get to it this weekend. At least I'm hoping.

Sponsored

wireeater

Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2019 Mustang GT Premium+ PP 6spd
10k on mine. Although most of those were between may-july. I moved 5 miles from my work and extremely close to everything else at the end of july so I went from 100+ miles a day to less than 20 even if I go home for lunch. If I don't, maybe 12 miles a day now. Anyways, my car is still running great. It has sounds (ticking) but it doesn't drive like there is anything wrong so therefor, I don't think anything is wrong. I stopped logging onto this forum because it's being overrun by a bunch of whiney ass 2018+ owners. It's like people aren't capable of troubleshooting/research or coming to their own conclusion before coming online and making stupid ass threads with such basic questions.

The_Phantom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
10k on mine. Although most of those were between may-july. I moved 5 miles from my work and extremely close to everything else at the end of july so I went from 100+ miles a day to less than 20 even if I go home for lunch. If I don't, maybe 12 miles a day now. Anyways, my car is still running great. It has sounds (ticking) but it doesn't drive like there is anything wrong so therefor, I don't think anything is wrong. I stopped logging onto this forum because it's being overrun by a bunch of whiney ass 2018+ owners. It's like people aren't capable of troubleshooting/research or coming to their own conclusion before coming online and making stupid ass threads with such basic questions.
2hafa9.jpg

bootlegger

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
Ex 2008 Mustang GT Owner
So what troubleshooting have you done. I would love to know how you found the origin of the engine noises and how you eliminated other possible causes during your research.

Vato

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Saleen White Label
Vehicle Showcase
Mine is busted too.

Mine just turned 1 year old in August with 19k miles, 2 track days, and numerous road trips. Now if I could build the guts to buy GT350 Recaro's for better comfort.

Grimmer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Manual
Build date of 10/15... '16 GT M6 with FRPP Power Pack 2 added (highly recommended). No problems so far. 20K miles. Had to replace the USB hub (bought the updated version while I was at it). Only "expensive" complaint is the paint being the weakest thing ever... about 10 rock chips and only a couple of them are on the front of the car. Grrr.

Sponsored

Jetnoise

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium PP1, 70 Shaker Mach 1 stroker, 1967 F/B 357W, 1968 302 Vert, 4I 85 5.0 B&M Blower
So what troubleshooting have you done. I would love to know how you found the origin of the engine noises and how you eliminated other possible causes during your research.
Sounds like you have it all figured out butt don't want to share your omnipotent knowledge.....

bootlegger

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
Ex 2008 Mustang GT Owner
Sounds like you have it all figured out butt don't want to share your omnipotent knowledge.....
I don’t, and that’s why I was asking.
Sponsored