SPRING RATES & DROPS: ALL IN ONE THREAD!!

Blackhawk25

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe S
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
Can anybody give a review for the Steeda minimum drop springs, or recommendations

Racerx009

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford mustang gt non pp
Vehicle Showcase
I have had both, and my car is currently on Sportlines. I prefer the drop of the Sportlines to the Ultralite linears. The drop on the Steeda front springs isn't enough, IMO, and the front still looks like it has more wheel gap than in the rear. The drop-front and rear-on the Sportlines is perfect, IMO. The Ultralites also fit awkwardly, and the upper strut mount sits crooked even when installed properly. No issues whatsoever with the installation of the Sportlines. As for the ride with the Ultralite linear springs, I would say that it's probably a little stiffer than the Sportlines at low speeds (less than 30), but after that, the Sportlines firm up and the handling is fantastic.

Good luck with whatever you choose!
I currently have eibach sport lines in my 17 mustang gt and love the look and handling of the spring I been using them for years in several of my mustangs and even in 2 of my 2005 infinite fx35 and they handled nicely with really any loss of comfort

Racerx009

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford mustang gt non pp
Vehicle Showcase
Despite popular opinion on here, no. Everyone has different opinions. Some of the praise on linear springs on here comes from a vendor that doesn't sell progressive springs. Maybe they think that progressive springs suck, and that's okay, but let's also understand that they also have an interest in selling linear springs. I'm not trying to knock them, either--I have several of their products on my car and I love them. The Ford Racing handling pack comes with progressive springs. I have had both Steeda Ultralite linear and Eibach Sportlines (a progressive spring) on my car, both with the stock PP dampers (my car now has the FRPP dampers). In my OPINION, for a daily driver, the ride on the Sportlines is better than the ride on the Ultralites. Why? Because at low speeds (less than 30 or so) the Sportlines soak up the bumps better, but at speeds above 30 (where you'll be doing the vast majority of your aggressive driving), the Sportlines firm up and feel fantastic. I was wary of progressive springs at first, but I'm 100% sold on the Sportlines. Plus, I think they have the best drop of any spring currently on the market. Also, I never had any noises from either spring set.

Again, just my opinion, so take it for what it's worth.
Same here never an issue

aleccolin

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.CarClubVT.com
First Name
Colin
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
Can anyone confirm this is the right PN for Steeda Progressive front springs for a GT? Still not sure why I got 7mm more drop than expected.
E5517579-8FEF-40EA-A230-BB55701916ED.jpeg
47106DFC-A9E2-4A25-A867-0A7E8FB72FD9.jpeg

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
Can anyone confirm this is the right PN for Steeda Progressive front springs for a GT? Still not sure why I got 7mm more drop than expected.
E5517579-8FEF-40EA-A230-BB55701916ED.jpeg
47106DFC-A9E2-4A25-A867-0A7E8FB72FD9.jpeg
Send me an email at [email protected] -- I will have our sales team look at your order/part number to ensure you received the progressive springs.

Best Regards,

TJ

aleccolin

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.CarClubVT.com
First Name
Colin
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
Steeda replied that it is correct for a GT, still no explanation why my car dropped 1.4" in the front instead of the 1.125" advertised. I'm stumped.

scottycameron

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP1 Orange Fury
Steeda replied that it is correct for a GT, still no explanation why my car dropped 1.4" in the front instead of the 1.125" advertised. I'm stumped.
Hmmm, I just installed mine, I never did measure the actual drop. I guess it looks and handles great so the exact Number doesn't concern me too much...

I'll check tonight, I did take before measurements.

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
Hmmm, I just installed mine, I never did measure the actual drop. I guess it looks and handles great so the exact Number doesn't concern me too much...

Maybe also check after a few hundred miles. If there's any 'settling' to happen, your measurements with the OE springs would have reflected this, while tonight's measurements with the new springs would not.

People have complained when the amount of lowering was less than 1/4" off the advertised number, so it's probably best to eliminate or at least minimize any other variables.

Norm

scottycameron

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP1 Orange Fury
Maybe also check after a few hundred miles. If there's any 'settling' to happen, your measurements with the OE springs would have reflected this, while tonight's measurements with the new springs would not.

People have complained when the amount of lowering was less than 1/4" off the advertised number, so it's probably best to eliminate or at least minimize any other variables.

Norm
Probably 150 miles on the drop so far, should be good and settled...time for an alignment.

aleccolin

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.CarClubVT.com
First Name
Colin
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP

If you can see what number is printed on the spring I'd like to know.

scottycameron

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP1 Orange Fury
I'll see if I can see tonight.

The only other explanation is if you got the ecoboost springs on accident, the heavier engine would maybe increase the drop?

aleccolin

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.CarClubVT.com
First Name
Colin
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
I'll see if I can see tonight.

The only other explanation is if you got the ecoboost springs on accident, the heavier engine would maybe increase the drop?
Yeah I mean that's been my theory all along. Steeda said mine were for a GT, doesn't hurt to get a 3rd party confirmation though.

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
How are you measuring the drop, where are you taking your measurements from?