OP
sdiver68

sdiver68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 GT PP1 10R80 Vert
Vehicle Showcase
I think alot of places will be overly defensive when it comes to questions like that. Sorry for the long story, but I suspect the same type of attitude is what your getting from the tire shops.

I just take my wheels in and if theres visible damage I would worry about disputing it with them then.
Ive thought about that and agree. However, if a shop owner/manager gets upset over a question like that phrased in a non-negative manner I'm happy to take the pass.

Luckily there are about 500 shops in the area.
Sponsored

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
I just went through the same thing trying to get 285/35R19 tires on my SVE Drift wheels. Had to call 3 tire shops to find one that said they could do it. Other shops said they could do it but couldn’t guarantee not scratching the wheel. It ended up being a Mr. Tire joe Shmo shop that did the job. The guy said yeah no problem. There is an expensive Hunter mounting machine that we have and never use, except a few times when a Lamborghini came in. Seemed stupid to me that a lot shops shyed away from doing it but now I understand. So definitely look for a shop that has a Hunter machine just to be safe.

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
Find a shop that uses Hunter equipment.

I ordered my MRR wheels/tires from PK Auto Design, and I believe they use Hunter equipment. The wheels were basicallly flawless upon delivery. Wish they would have stayed that way, my custom finish has proven to be exceptionally fragile...

OP
OP
sdiver68

sdiver68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 GT PP1 10R80 Vert
Vehicle Showcase
Ok the deed is done. Scratch free. Paid almost triple from a top custom shop.

They were working on a 68 Shelby though...cool to see!
Sponsored