Baby seat or she’s gone... Help Me!

Tacklebury

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Simon
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue GT
I’m in a bind. I’ve had a professional isofix check today and it’s bad news....

The rear seat is too “bucket” and as a result all the isofix bases we tried didn’t seat properly. Even the adjustable one that’s for bucket seats is no good. Even worse is a seat will fit the front seat but I can’t deactivate the air bags!!

So, I can’t be the only person that’s had this issue, what’s the score people!

If I can’t find a safe way of transporting the baby I’m screwed!!

Tack.
Sponsored

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
I’m in a bind. I’ve had a professional isofix check today and it’s bad news....

The rear seat is too “bucket” and as a result all the isofix bases we tried didn’t seat properly. Even the adjustable one that’s for bucket seats is no good. Even worse is a seat will fit the front seat but I can’t deactivate the air bags!!

So, I can’t be the only person that’s had this issue, what’s the score people!

If I can’t find a safe way of transporting the baby I’m screwed!!

Tack.
Ever seen baby driver? take the literally and you're sorted...

I jest, i have no idea! :headbonk: [MENTION=8211]stevec[/MENTION] anything from you pops?

Sponsored

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
we put a mates one in mine fitted no problem he's away until the weekend when he's back i'll ask him what make it was

Maoilearca

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2016 GT Auto Coupe (Guard). FP PP2
Does it have to be isofix? Lots of rear facing Group 0-1 seats (non-iso) will fit

OP
OP

Tacklebury

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Simon
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue GT
Does it have to be isofix? Lots of rear facing Group 0-1 seats (non-iso) will fit
The seats we tried tended to tip the seat forwards towards the back rest (baby faces backwards). This isn’t good as the baby is effectively slumped forwards rather than seated.

I’m happy for suggestions on what people use and will try to test them.

v8hgt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Race Red GT PP Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Agreed group 0 baby seats don’t work well in the mustang. Isofix bases are too long and non isofix are a bind getting in and out unless you have a vert. but the next stage forward facing seats do fit back and front. The airbag auto disabled based on weight on the seat base. If the mustang is an only car you are out of luck sadly for 18 months.

There is one other option you could experiment with if you just have one kid or twins. Remove the rear seat base entirely and put isofix base in. Then front seats have to be positioned far forward and quite upright. This may work if your partner is comfortable in this position. It should overcome the deep bucket issue

willisit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Monaro, DeLorean, Viva, S5, 600F
We recently sold our S5 for similar reasons; though I know you can get seats for that, the long doors and low roof meant it'd not work anyway; just too hard. So, we bought a new car. The Mustang is still on the driveway though... so maybe do that, you know, spend thousands on a second car? (I'm also joking)

Does your significant other not drive? There's no way I'd use the Mustang unless it was in the front (baby seat), so we'd always need another, more practical, car.

Sponsored

Stark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT

CaptainSensible

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black Mustang V8 GT Coupe
I have a baby on the way (and a three year old). Group 1/2 seats fit fine in the back, as long as you get one with a narrow base. I recomend at the Britax Romer Kidfix range.

The baby will only need to come in the Mustang on rare occasions (we have another main family car), but I plan on using the front seat and Group 0 seat that can be strapped in with just belts. We have a Maxi Cosi Pebble for this. As Stark says the airbag should disbale automatically based on the weight of the seat.

Enoch

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
Guard 5.0 (Auto) Fastback, Saddle Leather
Hope you're taking notes Manders.....:D:D

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase

IL_G6_Vert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT Convertible
The seats we tried tended to tip the seat forwards towards the back rest (baby faces backwards). This isn’t good as the baby is effectively slumped forwards rather than seated.

I’m happy for suggestions on what people use and will try to test them.
you have to tilt the base when installing so that the back of it sits against the seatback, not the seat base. Basically, you can't lay it flat, it has to be tilted so you don't have the baby's next flexing forward.

I have a baby seat in mine that we occasionally take our 6 month old out in for short around the town trips. It's definitely doable.
Sponsored