So whats wrong with Big Worm Graphics..

AZStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium /Performance
I had Colorbomb supply the material. I paid 500 for everything with lifetime warranty. I never looked into ordering from the internet so not sure how much cheaper that route is.
Sponsored

Greek6486

@Gt_supercharged
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Or any other internet stripes? It seems I can't find an installer around here to put my stripes on. I went to 3 shops and they won't install stripes ordered from the internet because " its cheap material and they won't stand behind it". One shop dissed vinyl all together and insisted the stripes get painted on. For such a "cheap" material, theres an awful alot of 6G folks here that use them. Can anybody here concur with the shops, or are they all blowing smoke?
I had the same issue and showed the vinyl to multiple people and they said that they didn't recognize the brand.... That being said after I finally found a guy who was flaky as hell for 3 weeks , I finally got it done. I just changed my rear bumper to gt350 though so I had to let it cure for 30 days. I ended up finishing the bumper stripes myself and I'm telling you it was easy!!!!!! Didn't even use heat!!!! No bubbles. The material is fantastic, I know this because right after that I applied a rear tail light tint from the only place you can get it, and it is garbage material in comparison with auto bubbles and rips easily. If you have tried to apply headlight or taillight tint, the big worm kit will be easy.

Spykexx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Prem M6, 2019 Charger Scat Pack Plus
My father does his own vinyl and is going to be doing mine, and I'll say the markup is massive on vinyls. Some of the higher end stuff like 3M 1080 is incredibly expensive even on the roll though.

Long story short, they don't make money on the install really, unless the really gouge you. And it just isn't worth it when in the end their business is going to take the hit for any bad product even if it wasn't their fault.

A local business I went to when pricing out just for fun wanted $380 for my vinyl to be cut out of Oracal 651. Pretty low end vinyl for that type of application, and WAYYY too high.

Seatown Stang

HereWeGo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
Or any other internet stripes? It seems I can't find an installer around here to put my stripes on. I went to 3 shops and they won't install stripes ordered from the internet because " its cheap material and they won't stand behind it". One shop dissed vinyl all together and insisted the stripes get painted on. For such a "cheap" material, theres an awful alot of 6G folks here that use them. Can anybody here concur with the shops, or are they all blowing smoke?
I purchased Big Worm Graphix narrow GT350 stripes and had a shop install it in my area with no prob. He actually went so far to compliment the type of vinyl they used (Hexis). Saying that "typically you cant get vinyl this high quality unless you buy in huge bulk shipments".

They are also formed to fit the car and is NOT a universal stripe kit, so no modifications are required for the lines to sit straight on the car.
20170706_193831_resized.jpg

MustangGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT 401A 6M Ruby Red
Similar experience on getting BWG stripes installed. Even some body shops just didn't want to mess with it. Found a reputable Vinyl Wrap / Clear Bra shop. Had them vinyl wrap the entire hood and front bumper cover with clear Suntek vinyl and then apply the stripes over top. The shop complimented the BWG kit and it was about 3.5 hours for them to install.

____
RR 12.jpg
Sponsored