Sponsored

Kooks catless headers, roush ab and hpipe?

myjaja

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang 5.0
I currently have a roush ab with an hpipe. Im looking into the kooks catless headers because I really want to do the ghost cam tune. Has anyone done this same setup before? If so, how does it sound? Should I purchase some magnaflow resonators to keep the volume down a bit?
Sponsored

Last edited:

SoCalTim

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Sold : 15 GT
Catless headers paired with the Roush and H-Pipe is going to make your ears bleed

GreyBlur16

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 PP Mustang GT
I have Mak cat deletes h pipe and roush mufflers. It's loud no doubt. Sounds like a monster going down the road. It's somewhat controllable based on how you are on the throttle. Wide open throttle and you'll be heard a mile away. Tone is nice though and there's no drone even at highway speeds. In cabin cruising around it's no louder than with cats so carrying a conversation in the car isn't bad at all.

OP
OP

myjaja

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang 5.0
I have Mak cat deletes h pipe and roush mufflers. It's loud no doubt. Sounds like a monster going down the road. It's somewhat controllable based on how you are on the throttle. Wide open throttle and you'll be heard a mile away. Tone is nice though and there's no drone even at highway speeds. In cabin cruising around it's no louder than with cats so carrying a conversation in the car isn't bad at all.
Sounds pretty good to me then. Might still put some tiny resonators in there just to reduce the sound slightly. I want mine to sound similar to this.

[ame]

Sponsored

OneFordGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT
I just installed Kooks Headers on my GT last night and they're paired with an ATAK catback.. It's incredibly LOUD! Don't get me wrong, it sounds great but it's race car loud.
Too loud. I'm in the same situation you're in, I need to quiet it down. There are two options I have, reinstall factory catback and delete the resonator or install a Borla Resonator. Anyone know if the Magnaflow resonator is quieter than the Borla?

V8Venom

700 Club
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500
Vehicle Showcase
I just installed Kooks Headers on my GT last night and they're paired with an ATAK catback.. It's incredibly LOUD! Don't get me wrong, it sounds great but it's race car loud.
Too loud. I'm in the same situation you're in, I need to quiet it down. There are two options I have, reinstall factory catback and delete the resonator or install a Borla Resonator. Anyone know if the Magnaflow resonator is quieter than the Borla?
I have a Magnaflow resonator and couldn't tell you if it's quieter than the Borla one. I do know the Borla one has gotten great reviews. I am changing my exhaust taking my resonators off and will sell you them if you're interested. PM me if you are.

GreyBlur16

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 PP Mustang GT
Sounds pretty good to me then. Might still put some tiny resonators in there just to reduce the sound slightly. I want mine to sound similar to this.

Tone is gonna be deeper cause of the h pipe but loudness wise it'll be real similar. Here's one of my car

OP
OP

myjaja

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang 5.0
Tone is gonna be deeper cause of the h pipe but loudness wise it'll be real similar. Here's one of my car

Sounds pretty good. Does that mean you have the stock resonator on it?

Sponsored

GreyBlur16

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 PP Mustang GT
Do you drive with the cam tune all the time? If so, how do you like it?
Depends on my mood haha it gets a lot of attention. It drives fine. It bucks etc hanging at lower rpms etc like a cammed car but I've dailyed it for weeks with no issues.
Sponsored