Sponsored

Performance Pack Tires... done in under 6,700 miles...WTF?

thet33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic GT/6MT/3.55
I run the Firehawk Indy 500's on my 2015 GT/PP - stock tire size. They are great tires. I live in Northern Ca just outside Sacramento. Has you know we had a really wet winter. Anyway I replaced my original OEM tires around 21K like I mentioned a few pages back and picked these up.

I do not track my car (curve or straight) but I can say they feel better and there does not appear to be any loss of grip. In fact I would say back country road driving they feel better. They also handled stormy weather (heavy raid) very well. The car is my daily driver and I've never once felt like I didn't have control nor has the rear tried to slide out.

Note: I run with standard settings so all nanny stuff whatever that is, is on. The only thing I change from time to time is the steering wheel setting. They are pretty solid tires in my opinion at my level. Oh - freeway (few drives to the bay with these so far) they are also good.

Thanks for the recommendation. Just ordered a set of Indy 500's and having them mounted later this afternoon. This will be my first set of non-PZero tires.
Sponsored

Gooner86

ARSENA1
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red V6
Thanks for the recommendation. Just ordered a set of Indy 500's and having them mounted later this afternoon. This will be my first set of non-PZero tires.
Whered you get them from, they seem sold out everywhere.

thet33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic GT/6MT/3.55
Whered you get them from, they seem sold out everywhere.
I was going to order all 4 from TireRack. They have the rears in stock now and I was just going to wait for the fronts to ship when they come in (ETA is October if I remember correctly).
Unfortunately I discovered a FEW nails in one of my tires so I went into Firestone and they placed and order yesterday afternoon. They should be in around noon. Came out to about the same as TireRack all said and done if you factor in installation.
There's also the $60 mail-in rebate that helps.

VinnAY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Camaro 1SS/1LE
Im about to order the Indy 500s, too. I can't stomach the A/S I have on the PP right now that it's summer.

Sponsored

Trey@Hypermotive

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang 5.0
I think mine only made it to 8200 so that sounds about right

HarmonatoR

Threads
Reaction score
Website
paraboxic.com
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
I replaced the rears with the same size Firehawks Indy 500s. I got 14.5k and one track day out of the Pirellis. No burnouts/line-lock, no doughnuts. Lots and lots of heavy acceleration and they broke free quite often. :) They had less than 2/32nds left. My front Pirellis still have 6/32, so I'm going to keep on rolling with those for a while.

So far, I'm very impressed with the Firehawks. They seem to hook up much better than the Pirellis, and overall seem to do everything else that the Pirellis could do, but for 60% of the cost of the Pirellis.

They were a little bit of a challenge to find. I had Bridgestone hunt down a store that had them in stock around town. Picked them up for $153/ea from a Firestone store and then had Costco mount/balance them for $15 each.

Ugh, I sure wish that we could have had the option to get the Performance Pack with a squared wheel setup...

JohnD

Legend in his own mind
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1 track day car
I measured my PZeros when I put the new SVE 350/Nitto tires on. They have a little over 3000 miles on them. The fronts measured at full tread depth, the rears are down 1 mm. So given that they're 220 treadwear I think that's decent wear for a muscle car fitment. There was no jack-assing around on them though.

VinnAY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Camaro 1SS/1LE
I ordered the 500s today, the 255 fronts are OOS everywhere I looked online so I did the 245/40/19 instead. I did that with these Comp 2 A/S I have right now and it's been a good size and with some Oct projected in-stock date for the 255, it just made sense to go 245 on the front again.

Shipped $685.70

Sponsored

Mvalenti

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Competition Orange
Reading comprehension is fundamental. Like 3d grade fundamental.
The OP was inquiring about pzeros and treadwear, thats what I comprehended.

I posted my experience with my Pzeros regarding milage with my location and seasonal driving. Granted it may have not been in the same format as others but it was in the same context.

Your first reply "Thankfully atleast in the promo photos Ford has ditched the Pirelli for Michelin." doesnt even come close to answering the OP's question. Maybe you should go back and study the fundamentals.

Not to mention you hijack the thread asking
"Id like to hear more on the Indy 500s those that have had them for awhile now. I'm running the comp2 A/S and it's a great tire but now that its warmer this tire just gives up too much for how I want to drive my PP with some suspension mods, I'm going to have to get back to a ultra/max summer tire and probably run the Comp2 A/S that 4-5 months out of the year."

351MachOne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
Just replaced my stock PZero's (Summer Tire). 13,900 miles. They were completely bald, bands showing on passenger side.

No burnouts, no deliberate misuse. I drive "spirited". The back end has come out a handful of times.

Switched to BFGoodrich Comp 2 A/S on the rear. Tire Rack has it rated very high.

millhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
Just replaced my stock PZero's (Summer Tire). 13,900 miles. They were completely bald, bands showing on passenger side.

No burnouts, no deliberate misuse. I drive "spirited". The back end has come out a handful of times.

Switched to BFGoodrich Comp 2 A/S on the rear. Tire Rack has it rated very high.
Same, my rears had nearly no tread at 15k miles. I just replaced mine this morning to Firestone firehawk indy 500s. I must say, so far they seem to have far better grip than the Pirellis.
Sponsored