Sponsored

2015-2017 Metra dash kits

Mattwood440

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Base, Performance Package
What I'm worried about is if the factory rear-view cam and steering wheel controls will work. Somewhere, I read that the Scosche one had the adapters for the steering wheel controls (at least) already included. No idea about the cam. If this Metra kit is cheaper but requires you to buy a bunch of adapters, what's the point?
Sponsored

OP
OP

SQ_S550

rollin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
The factory rear view camera will work but will most likely show on the kits hvac screen.

Doug

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost
What I'm worried about is if the factory rear-view cam and steering wheel controls will work. Somewhere, I read that the Scosche one had the adapters for the steering wheel controls (at least) already included. No idea about the cam. If this Metra kit is cheaper but requires you to buy a bunch of adapters, what's the point?
The camera also works on the Scosche kit.That said, I'm curious what the Metra kit details are.

Doug

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost
The factory rear view camera will work but will most likely show on the kits hvac screen.
The Metra kit displays the cam on the HVAC screen? Surely they'll have a video output like the Scosche kit so it can go to the aftermarket head unit.

Sponsored

Mattwood440

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SQ_S550, can you post some pics of the unit as soon as you get it? I want to see the appearance of the unit. Plus if you could either shoot or scan a pic of the manual, or at least confirm if both the cam and steering wheel control adapters are included (and where the cam displays), that'd be great. I'm looking to make my decision and purchase asap. I just spoke to someone who has the scosche one and it does have a plug to display the camera through the receiver, and the steering wheel controls work great. Having had this abysmal base sound system since before Thanksgiving 2014 has been challenging

Mattwood440

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well this is not good. Talked to Metra Tech Support on Monday and was told they have not started shipping any units yet. ABT.com was advertising the cost of 99-5838CH as $349 on sale, normally $399, but that price jumped up to a straight $499 as of this morning. Talked to another vendor today who said they could get 99-5838CH but that it wouldn't be until March

HextallS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
Probably a deal like Scosche had with SQ_S550's distributor. First units ship at a reduced cost. Then price jumps up. I wouldn't pay $500 for any of these kits. Now that Helix DSP.2 can accept asynchronous data direct from iOS or Droid there really isn't a need for a traditional HU if you're an audiophile

Sponsored

Mattwood440

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Probably a deal like Scosche had with SQ_S550's distributor. First units ship at a reduced cost. Then price jumps up. I wouldn't pay $500 for any of these kits. Now that Helix DSP.2 can accept asynchronous data direct from iOS or Droid there really isn't a need for a traditional HU if you're an audiophile
Yeah, not why I wanted it. I figured if I'm spending money on a system it's going to have a touch screen, android auto, and sirius capability built in and I'm sure as hell not going to pay $1500 to upgrade those things and not have all the extra options a kenwood or pioneer HU would give for less than a grand

s550stprmtrooper

s550StormTrooper
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White GT
Another question would be, almost every DDIN unit has evolved and is capable of giving you OBDII and CANBUS data.... but on the same coin, they require an iDataLink Maestro RR...... does this kit provide that, included in its interface?

HextallS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
Another question would be, almost every DDIN unit has evolved and is capable of giving you OBDII and CANBUS data.... but on the same coin, they require an iDataLink Maestro RR...... does this kit provide that, included in its interface?

Call Metra's Tech Line

carcinoid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT (sold)
Call Metra's Tech Line
I called Metra's tech line. Spoke with an absolute idiot. All I got was "huh.... whut? Sorry... huh? Uhhhhhh I don't think we make something like that."

He sounded like he was distracted doing something else and wasn't paying attention at all. I then spoke to sales and they said at the earliest the kits will ship 60-90 days from now. I cancelled my order. I may just get the TomTop unit and re-wire everything like I had planned earlier.

Mattwood440

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm pretty sure that is dependent on the receiver, not this thing. For example the Pioneer AVH-4100nex does not work with the iDataLink Maestro thing but the AVH-4200nex does. There's even a video of it on youtube
Sponsored