Rinzler

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
Vehicle Showcase
So the McLaren P1, Ferrari LaFerrari, Porsche 918, Acura NSX are all just like a Prius? That's the logic train you're riding.

A 3.5L EB hybrid with ~500 hp/600 ft-lb alongside a 5.0L V8 with 460/430 would be fine with me, and is extremely likely for the S650.
How dare you present logic and reason here! There is a time and place, and this ain't it!
Sponsored

seth21w

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Seth
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT base PP ingot silver
I bet mark fields drives a fn prius! Smh :doh:

69mach1-395

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RR GT/CS
These are all bad ass gens of mustang with V8's. Not ***** shit hybrids. The mustang is turning into a prius. What a shame:doh:
Let's not forget to thank those prius drivers for leaving more fuel for us...:lol:

Czs550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Connor
Vehicle(s)
2018 10r80 GT, Lightning Blue
So the McLaren P1, Ferrari LaFerrari, Porsche 918, Acura NSX are all just like a Prius? That's the logic train you're riding.

A 3.5L EB hybrid with ~500 hp/600 ft-lb alongside a 5.0L V8 with 460/430 would be fine with me, and is extremely likely for the S650.
The new hybrid mustang wont be even close to those cars. Not even on the same level. There 1 million dollar supercars. and none of those cars listed were ever labeled as "muscle cars" or "pony cars" like the mustang was.

Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
The new hybrid mustang wont be even close to those cars. Not even on the same level. There 1 million dollar supercars. and none of those cars listed were ever labeled as "muscle cars" or "pony cars" like the mustang was.
Not relevant. Your statement was "Is hybrid, therefore is shit" They would not make a Mustang like a Prius. They would make a hybrid Mustang much more similar to a P1 or LaFerrari in function and performance. 500 hp and 600 ft lbs with electric augmentation is easily achievable by Ford with the 3.5L EB.

Stormtrooper5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GTPP
That would be interesting if these were the trims offered in the new gen Stang.
Mainly I'd want to see which option more people would prefer if the V6 was the best option performance-wise by a larger margin.

For me personally, since I don't have a V8 currently I'd want to have the V8....but something in the back of my head would tell me to get the faster car, and if it's definitely much faster then maybe i'll jump back into the V6.

Gigantor

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wes
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT Premium
Lets bow our heads for a moment of silence for the upcoming demise of the V8 power plant in 2020

RIP V8 and may all the tree huggers embrace their Prius technology which
provides them up to 200 miles of boring performance without a sound or
second look from onlookers.

Say it's not so Ford;)

1320'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Avenger...sadly
Lets bow our heads for a moment of silence for the upcoming demise of the V8 power plant in 2020

Say it's not so Ford;)
It's not, you're being obtuse.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase

Say it's not so Ford;)
It's not going anywhere anytime soon, including 2020, don't worry.

Sponsored

dron_jones

Threads
Reaction score
Fell into a pot hole in Michigan and can't get bac
Vehicle(s)
Me crazy, and I can't help myself
Cars like this are meant to show what is possible, obviously the mustang will not be a direct competitor but it shows that performance and hybrid technology are not mutually exclusive.

Look at the GT350, it is often compared to cars 2-4x its price. Lets have some faith in :ford:, they aren't building a hybrid mustang to make it a competitor to the Prius.

goldengooner

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2016 California Special Convertible
I agree... i am sure some out there enjoy sitting in 5mph bumper to bumper traffic working the clutch and gear shift but that is not where my driving enjoyment comes from. I will take the autonomous drive to and from work so i can sleep both ways, and when i get home i will have plenty of energy to carve corners with the gt350. On top of that more autonomous cars means less morons that can't drive!
Also no road rage
I am surprised that it is not going overseas? Ford have done very well selling the Mustang all over Europe. Unless as the 5.0 has sold a lot more units then the ecoboost, so Ford are still going to sell the 5.0 to Europe?

I think they have announced this before the 2018 refresh, to gauge the reaction they will get. They done the same when the S550 was 1st sent to the UK. Done a big ad campaign that 150 would be sold during the adverts of a massive footy match. Had to watch the ad to get the number, it went Nuts, they then knew how the people were reacting to the sale of the Stang in the UK.
London is one of the Biggest Cities in the World, and the average speed of a car in London is 7mph. 11 kph. So if you can have a kip watch a film, do some work, just think of the stress it will save you. Its the future

FIXR7

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
'93 Range Rover Rogue 351 powered, '17 Ruby GT, '99 XH V8-S ute, '69 Mercury Cougar XR7 S-code, '96 XH Ex-pork van
Vehicle Showcase
How to remove soul in one easy step!

1320'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Avenger...sadly
At this point I think people are just checking into this thread to troll.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.