Sponsored

Cold start issue after supercharger install

r1lovin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Gt
Yeah its super anoying. No fix because Lund says they don't know whats causing it.

Travis@boostworks

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.boostworks.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Mine will start right up cold on E85 but will die right after it fires up unless I give it a touch of gas before it dies .. On 93 it's fine ..
Needs more cold start enrichment because ethanol doesn't atomize as well as gasoline in a cold intake port/chamber. So more fuel just until you have a few cylinders light off a few times does the trick.

Yellow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I've been struggling with the startup and the problem was there wasn't enough fuel and it is fixed by adding more fuel at startup and idle.

mmc

9 Second Warrior
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2015 Nissan GT-R
We went through this for months with Lund and finally they got it good enough. That was in hot weather. Now that it is cold here, it starts up every time like stock.

Sponsored

smokinzx14r

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT A6 3.55 Gears ..
Needs more cold start enrichment because ethanol doesn't atomize as well as gasoline in a cold intake port/chamber. So more fuel just until you have a few cylinders light off a few times does the trick.
Thanks Travis , it's really not a problem for me Because I know what to do , but if the wife ever drives the car it will be a problem ..:rant:

z06psi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
The pot stirrer
I agree with mmc. Now that Hawaii isn't 90 degrees I have noticed little to no start up lag. We are in the low 80's now with little humidity.

MyLilPony

Naw It's Stock
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kris
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT, 18 JLUR, 15 JK
We went through this for months with Lund and finally they got it good enough. That was in hot weather. Now that it is cold here, it starts up every time like stock.
They did a ton of revisions on mine up until about early November. I was told they were going to use mine for the base start up now.

Mine starts like stock hot or cold now. And in Texas it is both, sometimes on the same day! I did have an issue where if it sat for 30 minutes then I started it the car would long start. That was resolved as well.

OP
OP
blkstang50

blkstang50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
They did a ton of revisions on mine up until about early November. I was told they were going to use mine for the base start up now.

Mine starts like stock hot or cold now. And in Texas it is both, sometimes on the same day! I did have an issue where if it sat for 30 minutes then I started it the car would long start. That was resolved as well.
I dropped my car off at the shop who did all my work and tuning yesterday morning and still have not heard from them which means they still are working on a fix, which is fine no rush
Sponsored