Sponsored

stage2 p1 Procharger kit question !!!

Deadmau5

Procharger p1 stage 2
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15gt
Anyone with these new kits have there cars dynod? Finally got mine tuned by Lund but haven't been able to find a avaible dyno since christmas time and curious what they are making with headers etc. Have a 605whp ctsv wanting to race. And idk why my car feels significantly faster but not sure if it's 605whp fast..I got the stage 2p1 expecting it to be able to easily be at 630whp at least but I raced a stock 16 z06 and idk if I'm shifting at right rpm or what but was basically even.... Stock those make like 540whp and I know they weight less but I just expected more. I'm seeing people post crazy numbers at like 640/490+on these new stage 2 p1 kits but feel like mine won't even be at 600whp.. What gear are you guys staying at when racing or what is the best gear to start in and what rpm so I'm in boost when racing this thing cause this is all new to me. BTW lots of evo drivers are wanting to race but at this point I'm intimidated cause if I can't beat a z06 boosted when they shit on them I'll feel like this procharger was a waste and go whipple or something. I love the procharger and the sound is intoxicating!! And I know it's got alot of potential just curious if out the box with all I have why doesn't it feel like much?? I could just be a shitty driver too lol
Sponsored

15GTPP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
I'm almost positive you'll have no problem with the ctsv. I raced my buddies zl1 with 640whp and pulled pretty good on him. I also ran a new z06 with the same outcome as you but that's nothing to be ashamed of. Those cars are quick especially the auto ones. Not sure what the evos have done to them but I ran a 500whp evo 9 on e85 and had no problem pulling on him. This was all done with a base HO kit on 8lbs with headers on 91. My car put down 550/440 before the headers.

OP
OP
Deadmau5

Deadmau5

Procharger p1 stage 2
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15gt
I'm almost positive you'll have no problem with the ctsv. I raced my buddies zl1 with 640whp and pulled pretty good on him. I also ran a new z06 with the same outcome as you but that's nothing to be ashamed of. Those cars are quick especially the auto ones. Not sure what the evos have done to them but I ran a 500whp evo 9 on e85 and had no problem pulling on him. This was all done with a base HO kit on 8lbs with headers on 91. My car put down 550/440 before the headers.
Good to know!! I'm going to upgrade pulley before I get it dyno'd. What are you making now.?

15GTPP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
I never got to dyno the car again with headers. Totaled the car on my trip back from getting the oil pump gears installed. I was hoping for 580-600. Once you pulley down you should easily be passed 650whp. I'm installing my stage 2 kit with d1 next week :headbang:

OP
OP
Deadmau5

Deadmau5

Procharger p1 stage 2
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15gt
Sorry to hear you totaled it! Did insurance cover the blower etc?

Sponsored

SolarFlare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT
Honestly, we have some good tuners in the coyote game but that's no reason to be complacent. Put that sucker on the dyno and validate numbers. Going from near stock to mid to upper 500s can feel like a world of a difference but there's also a decent difference between that and mid 600s. With that said a c7z is a solid car capable of mid 120s trap and if it's paired with an auto and you're not on your game on a manual it can seem like your car is coming up short of expectations.

SR56

Threads
Reaction score
Website
seanrooney.realtor
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
Sorry to hear you totaled it! Did insurance cover the blower etc?
Unless you've got some kind of special insurance, they will most certainly not cover anything over and above stock.

I had a totaled Mustang back in the day and they offered me book value. I had access to the car at the bodyshop, so we stripped every part off of it. When they came to get the car it had no engine, was on 4 doughnuts, both seats removed, and no tranny. Needless to say the agent was pissed but I had already cashed the check.

15GTPP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
Once I found out my car was totaled I told the insurance company that I was going to take off the supercharger kit. Good thing was the only thing that needed to be replaced was the intercooler. I also took my headers and left the stock headers, motor mounts, and starter in the trunk.

Last edited:

SR56

Threads
Reaction score
Website
seanrooney.realtor
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
Honestly, we have some good tuners in the coyote game but that's no reason to be complacent. Put that sucker on the dyno and validate numbers. Going from near stock to mid to upper 500s can feel like a world of a difference but there's also a decent difference between that and mid 600s. With that said a c7z is a solid car capable of mid 120s trap and if it's paired with an auto and you're not on your game on a manual it can seem like your car is coming up short of expectations.
Exactly. My old car had a Vortech pushing 10# boost and 475 at the wheels. I'd trap at 121 but never get into the 11's because I had street tires and spun through 3rd off the line.

On the street, I'd never race off the line. It was always a roll from 30 and I'd be right on my boost and ready to pounce. The cars running those 11's on the track usually couldn't stay with me.

It takes getting used to the power band and where the boost kicks in, and a lot of practice staying under control from a stop.

oesman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dmitry
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Uncorrected I dynoed 663whp on a blend of 93 and a little race gas. But it was a cool 48F morning so my numbers were extra good, boost season! It was like something in the 620s SAE corrected down.

Sponsored

VOODOO 6G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
Unless you've got some kind of special insurance, they will most certainly not cover anything over and above stock.

I had a totaled Mustang back in the day and they offered me book value. I had access to the car at the bodyshop, so we stripped every part off of it. When they came to get the car it had no engine, was on 4 doughnuts, both seats removed, and no tranny. Needless to say the agent was pissed but I had already cashed the check.
You know if you strip parts you have to give them the stock ones. Not being a dick because I'm glad you got away with it but they could have sued you. I've seen it happen.

O.P. Did you upgrade the OPG yet? If not don't wait!

mmc

9 Second Warrior
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2015 Nissan GT-R
588/500 91 Octane SAE corrected. Completely stock exhaust - have LT headers but haven't installed yet.

SolarFlare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT
588/500 91 Octane SAE corrected. Completely stock exhaust - have LT headers but haven't installed yet.
Stage 2 with id1000s?

mmc

9 Second Warrior
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2015 Nissan GT-R
Stage 2 with id1000s?
That is correct.

So basically a Beefcake special Stage 2 with id1000's and BAP, swapped to a 4.5" pulley because of my altitude. Nothing else done to car at the moment.