Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
Bought oil for my first change, $9.19/qt from my local dealer for the Motorcraft 5w50 full synth for our engine. Already received filters I ordered from RockAuto last week, those were $14.xx before shipping.
Sponsored

swedensky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Lariat 3.5, 2016 GT350
no. they mount in the same place.

The bmr brace might fit in you dont have headers, but absolutely will not if you do.

The 2 point doesnt, obviously, tie in at 4 points, but it actually fits and works!
This is the brace that will fit with our Kooks?

zombiekiller

warranties are 4 wussies
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
16 gt350, 66 galaxie,a Tesla, and an AMG G63
This is the brace that will fit with our Kooks?
yep. the steeda 2 point fits with kooks. I bought it after i bought the BMR brace and found out there was no chance of it fitting.

Reached out to steeda, they pointed me towards this for specifically gt350s w/ headers. Takes longer to get the car in the air than to install the brace!

sammylew34

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Tech Pack
no. they mount in the same place.

The bmr brace might fit in you dont have headers, but absolutely will not if you do.

The 2 point doesnt, obviously, tie in at 4 points, but it actually fits and works!
Thank you. In that case I will buy the bmr brace.

Sponsored

Myshelby3425

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
yep. the steeda 2 point fits with kooks. I bought it after i bought the BMR brace and found out there was no chance of it fitting.

Reached out to steeda, they pointed me towards this for specifically gt350s w/ headers. Takes longer to get the car in the air than to install the brace!
Did you throw on the subframe braced too?

zombiekiller

warranties are 4 wussies
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
16 gt350, 66 galaxie,a Tesla, and an AMG G63
Did you throw on the subframe braced too?
As in the rear braces that they sell? no. i went with the BMR cradle lockout braces. they are one of the best mods that i've done so far.

MAV

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
Did the resonator delete...sort of. This is a Magnaflow 11386 X-pipe muffler. I've used it in a couple of other cars I've owned. I wanted to try it with the FPC to see if I could get similar results. Please ignore the welds - I'm no welder! You can't really see it in the pics, but I reused the factory resonator heat shield, and just tack welded it to the top of the muffler in the front and back.

I will tell you this mod isn't for everybody. The car is not as loud as stock. In sport mode with the mod, I would say the volume is about two-thirds between normal and sport on a stock GT350. In normal mode, it sounds like your grandmother's Crown Victoria. The fact is, you could probably get away with a muffler delete with this mod and be just fine.

However, there is ZERO rasp in the exhaust note. It is as smooth as silk. This is the sound I was looking for (personally speaking), so I'm happy with the results, even if it is just a touch quieter than I would have liked. I think this would be the perfect mod to go along with cat-delete mid pipe installation, as I've heard folks talk about how much louder the car is without cats.

Eventually, I'll go with a full long-tube header system, but for now, I'm happy with the current setup.
001.jpg
002.jpg
003.jpg

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Carroll Shelbys Soul Lives Under My GT350 Hood
:shrug:
I don't get it. You removed the resonators to add a muffler? To make it quiet?

Sponsored

MAV

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
Yes, I wasn't going for a louder sound. I wanted a smoother sound and was willing to sacrifice some volume to achieve that goal.

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Carroll Shelbys Soul Lives Under My GT350 Hood
Yes, I wasn't going for a louder sound. I wanted a smoother sound and was willing to sacrifice some volume to achieve that goal.
But why remove the resonators then?

MAV

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
So it wouldn't be *too* quiet.

Voodooo

Banned
Banned