Sponsored

Ford racing = Roush Supercharger Calibration?

Obsessed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang GT
Is the Ford racing supercharger calibration the same as the roush.
So 670hp instead of 627? I cant seem to find an answer.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Obsessed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang GT
Initially the Ford racing one was 627. Then they gave to 67php one as a free upgrade
Ok so it wasnt just roush that upped the power?

NicksRubyRed15GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Deep impact blue 16 GT
it is the same. I just bought a new 16 with the TVS/Roush. It is a automatic. The Roush tune is HORRIBLE!!! I drove the car and thought something was wrong with it. If the car even attempts to spin the torque management kicks in and kills the car. It pulls ok to about 5300 then falls on its face. When it shifts it dies and you can't even feel it shift. I put about 100 miles on it and had Lund send me a tune. I will be making some calls this week about my warranty $$. I can not believe they even put a tune like that in a car. The car would have been good if it would run high 11's on the roush tune. I went last night and went a 10.95@125 getting out of it in 2nd cause it was spinning bad when it shifted

Sponsored

MikeD1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Challenger Hellcat
it is the same. I just bought a new 16 with the TVS/Roush. It is a automatic. The Roush tune is HORRIBLE!!! I drove the car and thought something was wrong with it. If the car even attempts to spin the torque management kicks in and kills the car. It pulls ok to about 5300 then falls on its face. When it shifts it dies and you can't even feel it shift. I put about 100 miles on it and had Lund send me a tune. I will be making some calls this week about my warranty $$. I can not believe they even put a tune like that in a car. The car would have been good if it would run high 11's on the roush tune. I went last night and went a 10.95@125 getting out of it in 2nd cause it was spinning bad when it shifted
Mine is not like that at all unless I've failed to kill the TC & AT (i.e. running in Track mode, trans in D). Pulling fuse 62 completely kills AT if you are still bumping into it.

OP
OP

Obsessed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang GT
So from high 11's to 10's with just a tune?

OP
OP

Obsessed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang GT
If you have the roush supercharger you have the same kit that's on the roush
I don't have any supercharger at the moment, but may be able to get a good deal on a ford racing one. Just don't want the 627hp tune if that is all that is available.

evo8904

I'm a member???
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luther
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ram 4x4
I don't have any supercharger at the moment, but may be able to get a good deal on a ford racing one. Just don't want the 627hp tune if that is all that is available.
Get a custom tune. The roush and FR have all of the same parts. I would talk to one of the vendors for a custom package. Start out with bigger injectors so that you have more potential in the future.

Nick@JDM

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.teamjdm.com
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2014 Tremor
We had a dealer drop off a 2015 Roush Supercharged F150 to us with these same complaints. Their auto tuning is terrible.

Sponsored

Guard5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rapid Red GT500 CFTP
Posted in another thread but:
The initial 627 tune was bad. Would go into limp mode if pushed at all and sluggish all around. I think the 670 tune was intended to fix all of that but I didn't like it either (probably why it was free). Still sluggish on throttle response, idle inconsistencies, flattened out at higher RPM's. Phase 2 should have probably been phase 1 (likely warranty issues). Throttle response is much improved, solid power curve, good idle. If you go phase 2, remove the lid from the airbox you should see 630-640rwhp on a Dynojet and your butt dyno will tell you that the car is now running like it should. I know some guys are in the high 10's with the 670 tune but I'm sure it takes a very clean run to get that.
It's all according to what you want. If you want 700rwhp you'll have to go custom w/ injectors and BAP or wait around for phase 3 which I'm sure will require new injectors but should tickle the 700 mark.

NicksRubyRed15GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Deep impact blue 16 GT
So from high 11's to 10's with just a tune?
I was saying I bet it would only run high 11's. I would not have carried it to the track with the Roush tune and ran it cause it was that bad!!It was slow and the tranny tune was horrible. My N/a 15 ran 11.5 in the 1/4 and it was pulled harder than the new car with the Roush tune
Sponsored