Sponsored

HOW TO: Add MyFord Touch/Sync 3 to base model S550

TheMagneticV6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Performance Pack premium
No takers? $700 shipped for my sync2 kit. If its not gone in the next few days, its going on the general marketplace or getting split up and going on ebay. Just wanted to give you guys the first shot at a full kit.
If I wasn't in the process of already collecting the parts I need, I would've bought it

pumxee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hamza
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang v6 DIB
No takers? $700 shipped for my sync2 kit. If its not gone in the next few days, its going on the general marketplace or getting split up and going on ebay. Just wanted to give you guys the first shot at a full kit.
Hey man I am interested. Check you DM

OP
OP
zackmd1

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mustang, 1965 AC Cobra, 2023 Ford Bronco 2Dr

Sponsored

Daver

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2016 V6 Conv Magnetic 51a
Fabric tape came for the harnesses..

That way it looks as factory as I can make it..
I just finished my MFT sync 2 upgrade with NAV in my base 2016 V6 rag top. A while back I picked up an apim, screen, acm and premium bezel with heated seat controls from a wrecked 2015 GT. I shipped these to OEMRadio here on the forum who did the programming which included deleting the heated seat function on the MFT screen and bench testing everything before shipping it back to me.

The best part is OEM also supplied a complete install kit including a plug & play harness (the red one as seen in this post) along with all the parts needed to complete the install. (media hub, SD card, USB cables everything…)

Frankly, I had been intimidated by the thought of rewiring a brand new car with less than 500 miles on it but thanks to OEM, his install kit solved that problem. The box arrived and all I had to do was open it up and get to work. It took me a few hours to complete and the end result is a complete factory look and feel (plus I don’t mind sync one bit).

The big advantage here is its plug & play, no factory wiring was altered and the car can be returned to factory by simply reversing the install. (Not that I would, but folks that lease may like this option). I took my time not wanting to bust clips or do damage. The dash came apart following previously posted videos with all clips intact. It’s tight routing the new harness wires around the apim and acm but with a little time & thought it’s no big deal. Everything went back together well and it all works just like the GT I rented in Florida this past winter.

I’m extremely happy with the help and quality work from OEMRadio, great guy, patiently answered all my dumb questions, took my phone calls every time, and called me back to check if it worked ok. I can only say he’s a quality guy to work with. This is a conversion that’s very reasonable and worth every penny considering the quality product I received.

R2 AUTO

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I am about to send all my stuff off to him too. Perfect timing for this review! Awesome can't wait!

OEMRadio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT500
Thanks Dave.. I really appreciate your feedback and the opportunity.. Glad the harness worker and made it easier for you.. Enjoy the upgrade

OEMRadio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT500
I am about to send all my stuff off to him too. Perfect timing for this review! Awesome can't wait!
I'm ready when you are

Sponsored

15Pony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6
I just finished my MFT sync 2 upgrade with NAV in my base 2016 V6 rag top. A while back I picked up an apim, screen, acm and premium bezel with heated seat controls from a wrecked 2015 GT. I shipped these to OEMRadio here on the forum who did the programming which included deleting the heated seat function on the MFT screen and bench testing everything before shipping it back to me.

The seat controls are no longer on the screen but your bezel has the seat controls like this one so they would just be dummies, right?

lfAv1cl.jpg

OEMRadio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT500
The bezels that have the heated and cooled seat buttons.. I can take the buttons off the screen.. and I can program the bezel so that when you touch the buttons they don't turn on.. they just do nothing so it doesn't give the impression they are supposed to do something..

OEMRadio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT500
The seat controls are no longer on the screen but your bezel has the seat controls like this one so they would just be dummies, right?

lfAv1cl.jpg

I programmed his that if he touches them.. they won't turn on.. won't light up.. they just do nothing..

R2 AUTO

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Why can't that AC section of the bezel just be swapped with the base AC buttons. It has to come out as one piece right? You can clearly see a defined separation between the chrome and the plastic all the way around? Hmmmm....wonder if it's possible?
Sponsored