zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mustang, 1965 AC Cobra, 2023 Ford Bronco 2Dr
You can't because all of the controls are apart of the entire board
Building on this.... The center buttons have a different layout on the PCB between the base and premium and the base PCM has the climate control knobs. These cannot be swapped to the premium bezel.

OP
OP
zackmd1

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
So for those that were wondering.... You CAN use a premium bezel WITHOUT MyFord Touch. All controls work (except for radio of course) The climate controls work perfectly but you will be missing some controls (panel, floor controls) but the premium bezel takes care of that based on the temp you set it at. If you could find a 2 din unit that is only 4.25" deep then you could swap it in with some effort. The downside is that you will be unable to tell what temperature you are at with the climate settings.... The MFT took care of that. If you got the idatalink system from the 11-14 gen then I have a feeling that it would work. Maybe ill design a mounting system... :D
1462647547.IMG_0176.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
zackmd1

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
Last edited:

Sponsored

[email protected]

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick D
Vehicle(s)
red gt auto
This i find very interesting.

I've been running a parrot asteroid tablet for a couple months now and it's so much better than the base system. Replaced front speakers with pioneer 6.5 components, rears with mid base. Everything wired directly to the parrot.

My setup does not use sync at all. It all works perfectly every time.

Only draw back is the base radio still sitting there doing nothing(what it does best)

The parrot asteroid smart(the tablets big brother) is double din android and has mounting depth of 4.5. So close I'm sure it can be done, which would give me a bigger screen and occupy the base radios place, and most importantly NOT require sync interface.

Is anything besides the bezel required to gain climate controls? Also, how do the advance Trac and steering controls interface?

Thanks

So for those that were wondering.... You CAN use a premium bezel WITHOUT MyFord Touch. All controls work (except for radio of course) The climate controls work perfectly but you will be missing some controls (panel, floor controls) but the premium bezel takes care of that based on the temp you set it at. If you could find a 2 din unit that is only 4.25" deep then you could swap it in with some effort. The downside is that you will be unable to tell what temperature you are at with the climate settings.... The MFT took care of that. If you got the idatalink system from the 11-14 gen then I have a feeling that it would work. Maybe ill design a mounting system... :D

OP
OP
zackmd1

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
This i find very interesting.

I've been running a parrot asteroid tablet for a couple months now and it's so much better than the base system. Replaced front speakers with pioneer 6.5 components, rears with mid base. Everything wired directly to the parrot.

My setup does not use sync at all. It all works perfectly every time.

Only draw back is the base radio still sitting there doing nothing(what it does best)

The parrot asteroid smart(the tablets big brother) is double din android and has mounting depth of 4.5. So close I'm sure it can be done, which would give me a bigger screen and occupy the base radios place, and most importantly NOT require sync interface.

Is anything besides the bezel required to gain climate controls? Also, how do the advance Trac and steering controls interface?

Thanks
If you cut the sync bracket out (the black panel in the back) then you should be able to fit the 4.5" unit in there. No other parts are required to get the bezel climate controls to work. You will even gain the auto climate function as the bezel handles that. If you wait for the new parrot 2 din unit I believe that actually has the ability to control the climate system or at least display the status. Then you would have a fully capable system without using MFT or sync.

[email protected]

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick D
Vehicle(s)
red gt auto
If you cut the sync bracket out (the black panel in the back) then you should be able to fit the 4.5" unit in there. No other parts are required to get the bezel climate controls to work. You will even gain the auto climate function as the bezel handles that. If you wait for the new parrot 2 din unit I believe that actually has the ability to control the climate system or at least display the status. Then you would have a fully capable system without using MFT or sync.
Thanks again for the info!

Is that bracket metal or plastic?

Also, any idea where to get a premium bezel?

OP
OP
zackmd1

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
Thanks again for the info!

Is that bracket metal or plastic?

Also, any idea where to get a premium bezel?
There is one on eBay right now! And the bracket is plastic.

Sponsored

esacteksab

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Does anyone have the VIN of a car that would have sync 3 but no heated/cooled seats (recaro's perhaps)?

I'd like a bezel with no unnecessary/unusable buttons. Working with a local dealer to try and source parts, but they need a VIN of a vehicle to lookup parts.

Thanks! Much appreciated!

[email protected]

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick D
Vehicle(s)
red gt auto
Yeah, the complete working unit. It is the premium one.

Feel free to PM me if you need more details.
Interested. Will pm you when i get home.

Thanks

OEMRadio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT500
Does anyone have the VIN of a car that would have sync 3 but no heated/cooled seats (recaro's perhaps)?

I'd like a bezel with no unnecessary/unusable buttons. Working with a local dealer to try and source parts, but they need a VIN of a vehicle to lookup parts.

Thanks! Much appreciated!
when I order those I just search Car.com and find one..
Sponsored