Sponsored

MotorWeek's Mustang vs Camaro vs Challenger

ZaneWayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Chevy SS
That's all well and good, but it does not change the point. You cannot say you have an 11 second car if you have never ran your car and proved it.
So if I had mustang_guy come and run my car down the 1/4 and he runs an 11.9, but I can only get a 12.2, the car changes from the time I get in the seat?
Sponsored

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
LOL what a nitwit. Came to a car forum and a spelling bee broke out. I cant stand when someone's entire list of performance mods consist of Atak noise maker. Did I spell that correctly? No wonder you sweat stock Camaros!:doh:
:lol::lol::lol:
kelso-burn.jpg

04SloSnake

Boost Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
R34 Skyline
So if I had mustang_guy come and run my car down the 1/4 and he runs an 11.9, but I can only get a 12.2, the car changes from the time I get in the seat?
Yep. You had better be able to back up ANY claimed numbers. Would you try and make the same claims once mods come into the picture? If a bolt on car runs a 10.9 does your car magically do it if you have bolt now?

ZaneWayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Chevy SS
Yep. You had better be able to back up ANY claimed numbers. Would you try and make the same claims once mods come into the picture? If a bolt on car runs a 10.9 does your car magically do it if you have bolt now?
So the car changes? Got it!

*I KNEW I BOUGHT A FU**ING TRANSFORMER!!!!!!*

04SloSnake

Boost Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
R34 Skyline
So the car changes? Got it!

*I KNEW I BOUGHT A FU**ING TRANSFORMER!!!!!!*
So you're cool bragging about something you can do or prove? That's some ricer shit right there.

Sponsored

Taneras

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Auto 3.55 GT
Bench racers care about what cars are capable of stock.
So "racers" don't care about stock performance? They don't want to understand where a car's starting point is? Pretty sure you're just making stuff up.

bluebeastsrt said:
Racers only care about what/who just beat them.
Yea but we already know you don't do that. If a car that's super slow in its stock form beats a mustang we hear you complain about driver skill and everything being equal how the mustang would win otherwise.

ZaneWayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Chevy SS
So you're cool bragging about something you can do or prove? That's some ricer shit right there.
No see I like talking about cars. I rarely race. I enjoy a nice joy ride on a Thursday evening on the back roads more than going to the drag strip. But when I take mine and run a mid to high 12, I will still be driving a car that is capable of 11s in good conditions. I am just not a great drag driver. Just because I am not capable of doing it, does not mean that the car itself is not. Again....not sure how this is hard to grasp lol.

ridenfish39

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT PP
I can't believe people are still arguing this bullshit. The new Camaro is faster stock vs stock than the Mustang. Some need to face reality and get over it LOL

Taneras

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Auto 3.55 GT
I can't believe people are still arguing this bullshit. The new Camaro is faster stock vs stock than the Mustang. Some need to face reality and get over it LOL
They understand but they just want to state, over and over, how their specific car has mods and/or they're a really good driver so they can beat a stock Camaro.

Sponsored

04SloSnake

Boost Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
R34 Skyline
I don't see anyone stating otherwise, I just see a lot of ricer math happening.

Rule #1 of racing has always been to be able to back up your mouth. You say you run 11's, prove it.

Taneras

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Auto 3.55 GT
You say *IT* run 11's, prove it.
FIFY. Just go to the Camaro forums and look at their fast lists.

Also, what's the obsession with the Camaro running 11's? If the fastest Camaro is running 11.9, and the fastest Mustang is running 12.4, then on average a Camaro will beat a Mustang if everything is equal. If your buddy has a Camaro and you want to race him, understand that you're already starting off behind. Unless you're a better driver, or out mod him, you're going to lose.

That's what benchmarks do.

04SloSnake

Boost Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
R34 Skyline
FIFY. Just go to the Camaro forums and look at their fast lists.

Also, what's the obsession with the Camaro running 11's? If the fastest Camaro is running 11.9, and the fastest Mustang is running 12.4, then on average a Camaro will beat a Mustang if everything is equal. If your buddy has a Camaro and you want to race him, understand that you're already starting off behind. Unless you're a better driver, or out mod him, you're going to lose.

That's what benchmarks do.
You didn't fix it. The *IT* you are referring to is probably the car you own, so my statement is still accurate. I'm tired of people claiming numbers that other people are running when you have your own car to run. You want to talk numbers, I don't care about anything other than what you're running. Anything else is bench racing and ridiculous.

Taneras

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Auto 3.55 GT
You didn't fix it.
Uh, yea I did. The claim is that the new camaro is capable of 11s. And it is. Has anyone in this thread claimed to own a stock camaro with an 11.xxx slip? I didn't think so.

You're confusing bench racing with benchmarks. If you can't use benchmarks how can you compare driver skill? Without benchmarks how can you say that a particular driver sucks?

A civic beat a mustang gt, but since we can't use other people's times who have raced those same cars we have no idea if the mustang driver is really just bad, right?

ZaneWayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Chevy SS
Uh, yea I did. The claim is that the new camaro is capable of 11s. And it is. Has anyone in this thread claimed to own a stock camaro with an 11.xxx slip? I didn't think so.

You're confusing bench racing with benchmarks. If you can't use benchmarks how can you compare driver skill? Without benchmarks how can you say that a particular driver sucks?

A civic beat a mustang gt, but since we can't use other people's times who have raced those same cars we have no idea if the mustang driver is really just bad, right?
This.
Sponsored