Sponsored

Ran the GT, trap speed surprised me.

zaquhree

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 S550 GT
You might have an aggressive tune stock. I just don't see you trapping that high realistically speaking though. Not trying to rain on your parade but I gained 6mph from stock to tune and catback. 110-113 would be reasonable stock in good air.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Desolate

Desolate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT 2014 Cbr-1000rr
You might have an aggressive tune stock. I just don't see you trapping that high realistically speaking though. Not trying to rain on your parade but I gained 6mph from stock to tune and catback. 110-113 would be reasonable stock in good air.
It doesn't bother me at all, I would have been happy to have trapped 113. I noticed your car is a 6r80. Know how much it weighs by any chance?

OP
OP
Desolate

Desolate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT 2014 Cbr-1000rr
Went to another track day with the car and decided to make some final passes to see if it could back up its previous outing. While the weather wasn't quite as good and there was a strong cross/headwind this day, these numbers seem more inline for an untuned car.

Car #525
image.jpg

TrackpackGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang GT PP
I just went yesterday on stock tune with 5/32nds left on my Pirellis. 3.73's only make the wheelspin worse. 1st and 2nd gears were useless, not sure if track was to blame some. My best pass was an embarassing 13.38 [MENTION=17112]10[/MENTION]9.xx. on a 2.1 60ft. It spun so bad in 2nd, I looked into the stands with the WTF look on my face. The other two passes were even worse. I've been drag racing off and on since 95, so I'm no newb. I tried back pedaling, which didn't do much. Think I'm gonna look for someone who has 3.31's and wants 3.73's. Bad part is I'll lose the Torsen I guess.

jrsimon27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2016 PP
I just went yesterday on stock tune with 5/32nds left on my Pirellis. 3.73's only make the wheelspin worse. 1st and 2nd gears were useless, not sure if track was to blame some. My best pass was an embarassing 13.38 [MENTION=17112]10[/MENTION]9.xx. on a 2.1 60ft. It spun so bad in 2nd, I looked into the stands with the WTF look on my face. The other two passes were even worse. I've been drag racing off and on since 95, so I'm no newb. I tried back pedaling, which didn't do much. Think I'm gonna look for someone who has 3.31's and wants 3.73's. Bad part is I'll lose the Torsen I guess.
First try some drag radials before changing out the diff. I have a friend that has a gt500 2012 with 550bhp stock and his diff is the same as ours 3.73

Sponsored

jrsimon27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2016 PP
Went to another track day with the car and decided to make some final passes to see if it could back up its previous outing. While the weather wasn't quite as good and there was a strong cross/headwind this day, these numbers seem more inline for an untuned car.

Car #525
image.jpg

Do you think the diference in mph was the fuel quality? Where you making the runs with the same amount of fuel as the first passes?

TrackpackGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang GT PP
Sorry op, great numbers. Didn't realize what I did with my stupid post.

LETHAL

From the D but in the NC
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT A10
Vehicle Showcase
Put a DR or a slick on it..

You have exhaust only 11 sec slips waiting it seems.

Hope mine is that quick when I go soon. Still haven't mastered the launch with this car.

OP
OP
Desolate

Desolate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT 2014 Cbr-1000rr
Fresh tires and track prep go a long way. I would put new tires on it and try again. Do not do a burnout if they are street summer tires. Go around the water.

First try some drag radials before changing out the diff. I have a friend that has a gt500 2012 with 550bhp stock and his diff is the same as ours 3.73
This, if you are willing. If not fresh tires should get it don but it will be harder.

Do you think the diference in mph was the fuel quality? Where you making the runs with the same amount of fuel as the first passes?
It definitely could have been fuel. I didn't check quality, and this time I had 3/4's of a tank as the passes weren't planned.

Sorry op, great numbers. Didn't realize what I did with my stupid post.
It's ok bud, congrats to you on getting out there and testing the waters with your car. Now you can make some changes and try again.

Put a DR or a slick on it..

You have exhaust only 11 sec slips waiting it seems.

Hope mine is that quick when I go soon. Still haven't mastered the launch with this car.
Thanks man, that's what I figured it would do as well with a purpose tire on it. Breaking an axle holds me back from testing this theory. Lol

The launch is tricky. You can't skip the clutch too much or the protection mode will activate and a high rpm clutch dump on a street tire is no good. I found bringing the Rpms up to about 2200 and doing a quick but progressive dump making the car bog works good. As soon as the car bogs and gets rolling put your foot to the floor.

I tried a few diffrent things and this seems to work best so far for stock tune/tire purposes.
Sponsored