From the D but in the NC
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT A10
Vehicle Showcase
I knew better then to go on a day with temps forecasted in the 90's.

But I went anyways...

First I am going to bitch a sec about the jerk line official that feels the need to put non drag tire cars two feet outside the groove. My right rear or left rear tire was on bare cement and not treated starting line, every run. I even got into a minor exchange of words about it. I paid my money to run just as did the others there with a variety of tires. After words, the A-Hole damn near put a cone in the middle of my lane at the tree on purpose. The event host will be hearing about this. Any of you guys experience this at your tracks? ANYWAYS!!!

For my best run..

Temp 93.9f (car read 96)
Relative Humidity 38%
Barometer corrected 30.01inHg
DA 4164.37ft

60ft 2.107
1/8th 8.5503
Mph 87.94

:mad:

I had four other runs with mixed results. Saw one with a 89mph trap. most were in the 88.xx range.

Best run was in S with track mode.

Drag mode in D got me a best of 8.61 @ 88.65 with a 2.226 60ft. It was not happy... spinning and wheel hop from 1-2 and 2-3.

Drag mode in S.... we wont even talk about that failure.

I know the temps and DA were garbage... but damn... 8.5?

My 15 GT M6 with Lund, steeda cold air and Corsa xtreme did a best of 8.315 on 20's and rubber bands in decent air last year.

Today just that bad with the conditions... or should I panic LOL..

The car is SUPER strong on the street and in better air. And yes, it only has a K&N panel filter. It's on 255/19 inch Neros that were set to 38psix4.I didn't feel like lowering the rears after a few runs. I was pissed.
Sponsored

GNN60GT500

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Vehicle(s)
19 GT PP1 20 F250 6.7 20 Explorer
Don't feel bad ...as you saw my times were pretty similar...guess you don't just go and run 11s anytime with this car lol

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT premium A10 (SOLD)
The DA was certainly not your friend. My Neros spin and hop like mad on the 1-2 shift, too, when using drag mode. I suspect we will need better rubber to get the car up to its full potential.

OP
OP
LETHAL

LETHAL

From the D but in the NC
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT A10
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks guys

10r80

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
What mods do you have? I ran 8.0's @ 91-92 bone stock with ~800 miles on it. I'm in Texas so it was hot but DA was in the 3000's, I would chalk it up to conditions; since your MPH is close to mine. (See YouTube: dfw1111)

I lowered tire pressure to 22psi, turned off advance track in drag mode.

I would try it again but now have radials, e85 tune, x pipe, cai.

Sponsored

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Was there some kind of bracket competition or some big name doing testing there to justify street tires being required out of the groove. I consider that a safety issue.

Loki-GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium A10-3.55-400a
Vehicle Showcase
Street tires with no water on them do no damage to prepared start lines, the guy was an ahole.

With that DA temps it's not easy to run good times. I was in similar DA and conditions a few weeks ago and ran a 12.1@116 with a 1.9 short time on 20's.

I always use drag mode and get a pretty good amount of hop/skip and spin going into 2nd and another good chirp into 3rd but it shifts higher and my car is 3 or so tenths faster in drag mode over the others.

OP
OP
LETHAL

LETHAL

From the D but in the NC
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT A10
Vehicle Showcase
What mods do you have? I ran 8.0's @ 91-92 bone stock with ~800 miles on it. I'm in Texas so it was hot but DA was in the 3000's, I would chalk it up to conditions; since your MPH is close to mine. (See YouTube: dfw1111)

I lowered tire pressure to 22psi, turned off advance track in drag mode.

I would try it again but now have radials, e85 tune, x pipe, cai.
I currently have a K&N panel filter. Then just a Ford Performance STB and Steeda Extreme G Trac brace.

Oh, don't for get my JLT catch can LOL. Waiting to go on are a Corsa Xtreme CB, JLT cold air and debating on my tune, Lund or Sai Li. Also have everything to go for the Steeda stop the hop kit as well as Pro Action struts and shocks with Steeda Linears. Per another thread, I have a brand new pair of Hoosier D06 17x28's I am debating on using. Most are saying just run them. I need to get a set of rear wheels that clear my rear calipers. The ones I got don't.

On the radials..

I guess I should have played with the tire pressure, but at that point, I was so annoyed, and packed up and went home.

OP
OP
LETHAL

LETHAL

From the D but in the NC
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT A10
Vehicle Showcase
Was there some kind of bracket competition or some big name doing testing there to justify street tires being required out of the groove. I consider that a safety issue.
Nope... Just a low turnout T&T cause of the heat. Maybe 20-30 cars, some being large tire cars.

I consider that a safety issue as well. I was pretty upset about it.

OP
OP
LETHAL

LETHAL

From the D but in the NC
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT A10
Vehicle Showcase
Street tires with no water on them do no damage to prepared start lines, the guy was an ahole.

With that DA temps it's not easy to run good times. I was in similar DA and conditions a few weeks ago and ran a 12.1@116 with a 1.9 short time on 20's.

I always use drag mode and get a pretty good amount of hop/skip and spin going into 2nd and another good chirp into 3rd but it shifts higher and my car is 3 or so tenths faster in drag mode over the others.
Yeah, I was going around the waterbox and doing a quick/dry burnout. The guy was a real piece of work. I have a pic of the car at the line and you can see he almost has my lane cut in half with a traffic cone, making my car that far to the right.

Can't expect good launches or safety that way.

Drag mode in D on one run was ok, just what you described. 1-2 hop and bark on the 2-3.

Drag mode in S was not so good. Spun bad 1-2 and made 3 come too early. Everything else went bad from there. Car wasn't having it with a 9.3 @ 80 mph...The ECU killed that run.

I suspect a tune on mine will really help to clean things up with the trans/shift happiness.

Sponsored

10r80

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
I currently have a K&N panel filter. Then just a Ford Performance STB and Steeda Extreme G Trac brace.

Oh, don't for get my JLT catch can LOL. Waiting to go on are a Corsa Xtreme CB, JLT cold air and debating on my tune, Lund or Sai Li. Also have everything to go for the Steeda stop the hop kit as well as Pro Action struts and shocks with Steeda Linears. Per another thread, I have a brand new pair of Hoosier D06 17x28's I am debating on using. Most are saying just run them. I need to get a set of rear wheels that clear my rear calipers. The ones I got don't.

On the radials..

I guess I should have played with the tire pressure, but at that point, I was so annoyed, and packed up and went home.
Haha, I hear ya man! I was thinking about stop the hop kit but only have cradle lock out. Keep us posted on the next track day & good luck!

kidamer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt 10 sp auto
Yeah, I was going around the waterbox and doing a quick/dry burnout. The guy was a real piece of work. I have a pic of the car at the line and you can see he almost has my lane cut in half with a traffic cone, making my car that far to the right.

Can't expect good launches or safety that way.

Drag mode in D on one run was ok, just what you described. 1-2 hop and bark on the 2-3.

Drag mode in S was not so good. Spun bad 1-2 and made 3 come too early. Everything else went bad from there. Car wasn't having it with a 9.3 @ 80 mph...The ECU killed that run.

I suspect a tune on mine will really help to clean things up with the trans/shift happiness.
Do we know if we are to be using drag mode in drive or sport or if there’s any difference at all?

OP
OP
LETHAL

LETHAL

From the D but in the NC
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT A10
Vehicle Showcase
I keep hearing D while in drag mode. I believe it as mine did not know what to do with it'self in drag mode in S.

Loki-GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium A10-3.55-400a
Vehicle Showcase
I keep hearing D while in drag mode. I believe it as mine did not know what to do with it'self in drag mode in S.
Agreed, I found in D drag mode works best and of course advanced trac off. It's getting hot out now so not sure when I'm going back to the track.

I'm going to get a CAI and tune before the next track time.

OP
OP
LETHAL

LETHAL

From the D but in the NC
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT A10
Vehicle Showcase
Agreed, I found in D drag mode works best and of course advanced trac off. It's getting hot out now so not sure when I'm going back to the track.

I'm going to get a CAI and tune before the next track time.
I feel as if I owe the car another chance stock before I add any mods. I may hit Bristol, TN Sat for Street Fights. 1/4 mile and top of the line track and prep. Only problem is, it is supposed to be hot as hell again Sat/Sat evening.

Ran there a few years ago with my 15 GT M6 in 5700DA and you can guess what those results were like.
Sponsored