OP
benanderson89

benanderson89

Hooneriffic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Ok! Can someone tell me about this C2C business?

Seeing folk here getting build dates for their C2C orders, I wrote to my dealer last week asking whether they had a build date for my order.

Almost a week later they dribble out a reply about my order now being a 19MY (ordered during the 18MY window) and that Ford is telling my dealer it will be a six month wait for delivery.

Patience has now worn paper thin, while I see people here placing orders, getting discounts? and getting build dates.

Have I missed something?
Ford cancelled a lot of MY18 orders because they overbooked the factory and they needed to retool for the MY19 line to start.

The reason why C2C orders are getting build dates is purely down to the dealer C2C use, which is very much on the ball relative to everyone else. Discounts also apply only when ordering through the broker because of a deal + bulk discount that happens when you use such a service.

If you're fed up to the back teeth of your local dealership giving you drivel then submit an order to C2C, and Gordon will phone you in due time to confirm and forward your details on.
Sponsored

Supersolo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
Thanks for the prompt replies and explanation.

I've just written and sent a snot-a-gram to the dealer expressing my current disappointment.
If they drop the ball anymore, I will be onto C2C in a heart beat.

Cheers.

Avdb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Lotus, Raptor
Not sure if build dates at the time of placing an order mean anything. I got a delivery date from the dealer but it is not any commitment. 6 months seems average for UK orders.

Eclipsar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NFG Mustang GT
Not sure if build dates at the time of placing an order mean anything. I got a delivery date from the dealer but it is not any commitment. 6 months seems average for UK orders.
No date supplied to you when you place a order means anything, if you ask me, but when Ford supply the dealers with a Build date, then things start to look good :thumbsup: next thing we need is the vin and then we are on a roll :headbang:

Supersolo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
It now seems mine was one of those cancelled 18MY orders.
Understandably, cancelling my order would consequently undermine my confidence that I would ever receive a car, in a reasonable time frame.

I did not ask for a build date back in January, when I completed and signed a vehicle order form, nor when I changed the spec in March.

Now I see others providing an estimated build date to their customers. I expect the dealer I've placed my order with, might also be able to do similar and provide me with a build date, estimated or otherwise.
In my experience, most dates may involve a degree of estimation, informed guess?
Which I accept.

However, it would seem that if I don't, reluctantly, chase progress through the dealer I've ordered with.
One, I may never see my car.
Two, I've squandered my opportunity to place an order with someone else, who would promptly fulfill my order.

Sponsored

Flamesey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY19 Fastback V8 5.0 Race Red White Stripes Custom Pack 2 Magneride Spoiler Ebony
If Ford cancelled your MY18 and your dealer hasn’t put in a new order for a MY19, you’re not a confirmed order and you won’t see a car turning up. Best check if they’ve ordered for you and if not go to C2C. Our orders went in this month and we’ve got an estimated build date of 31 July already

Eclipsar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NFG Mustang GT
It now seems mine was one of those cancelled 18MY orders.
Understandably, cancelling my order would consequently undermine my confidence that I would ever receive a car, in a reasonable time frame.

I did not ask for a build date back in January, when I completed and signed a vehicle order form, nor when I changed the spec in March.

Now I see others providing an estimated build date to their customers. I expect the dealer I've placed my order with, might also be able to do similar and provide me with a build date, estimated or otherwise.
In my experience, most dates may involve a degree of estimation, informed guess?
Which I accept.

However, it would seem that if I don't, reluctantly, chase progress through the dealer I've ordered with.
One, I may never see my car.
Two, I've squandered my opportunity to place an order with someone else, who would promptly fulfill my order.
You have to place a new order in, as you colour is obsolete now if it was lightning Blue, they cannot transfer this order to a MY19 as you have to choose another colour, so you will not get a order placed until you choose a new colour or place a new order with another company

Flamesey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY19 Fastback V8 5.0 Race Red White Stripes Custom Pack 2 Magneride Spoiler Ebony
^^^^^^ and if they haven’t told you this, bin them

Supersolo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
You have to place a new order in, as you colour is obsolete now if it was lightning Blue, they cannot transfer this order to a MY19 as you have to choose another colour, so you will not get a order placed until you choose a new colour or place a new order with another company
Yeap, going with a different colour now instead of LB.
Thing is, if I hadn't of emailed the dealer last week.
I wonder just when would they have contacted me to re-order in a current colour?
really poor show by the dealer.
As much as I wish it wasn't the case, I'm left with the impression the dealer just can't be bothered. Not a great start to only the second car I've purchased as new, or to my Mustang experience.
But, I suppose when you're at the bottom, the only way is..... Up?
:shrug:

Eclipsar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NFG Mustang GT
Yeap, going with a different colour now instead of LB.
Thing is, if I hadn't of emailed the dealer last week.
I wonder just when would they have contacted me to re-order in a current colour?
really poor show by the dealer.
As much as I wish it wasn't the case, I'm left with the impression the dealer just can't be bothered. Not a great start to only the second car I've purchased as new, or to my Mustang experience.
But, I suppose when you're at the bottom, the only way is..... Up?
:shrug:
The trouble with some dealers they are just not interested in selling mustangs, there are a lot dealers like that I am afraid and you have to keep on top of them, we probably know more about what’s happening with a new Mustang order long before the dealer does

Sponsored
OP
OP
benanderson89

benanderson89

Hooneriffic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
The trouble with some dealers they are just not interested in selling mustangs
Correct. Fiestas have a small profit margin per vehicle but they sell so many of the damn things that it becomes top priority. The Mustang, meanwhile, is expensive to deal with, are comparatively low volume and your typical Mustang buyer isn't going to be swayed by all the extra products dealerships try to flog you, like a variable boot load floor or a detachable toe hook.

"Moyra luv, fetch th' tow 'ook for th' Mustang. We're goin' caravanning!" :lol:

I suspect that's why the dealership used for the broker is so on top of their Mustang orders; ALL orders from the broker go through them, so its impossible to ignore the financial benefits and gains in reputation. So many were ordered from that dealer at once a few months back that they could've filled one or two Transporters with only Mustangs.

Flamesey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
:ford:Got a 11 digit VIN today but having trouble finding any info on it as yet but estimated build 30 July and estimated ETA to dealer w/e 22 Sept:ford:

Eclipsar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NFG Mustang GT
:ford: rock, have my Vin as well :thumbsup: and it’s a stunning number to remember :cool: with eta at dealer 22nd September :headbang: :ford: what a great day :first:

Flamesey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No window sticker yet but found it on ETIS . Add 1FA6P8 to the front of the vin
D6F13756-AEBE-4673-9DC1-299B628AF944.jpeg

Supersolo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
:ford: rock, have my Vin as well :thumbsup: and it’s a stunning number to remember :cool: with eta at dealer 22nd September :headbang: :ford: what a great day :first:
Great news, for both you and Flamesey. Build dates and then so soon, VIN numbers! It's really happenng now, you're going to get your GTs.
Excellent!!!
:clap2: :clap2:
Sponsored