Sponsored

Coast 2 Coast Cars (Broker)

Eclipsar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NFG Mustang GT
No window sticker yet but found it on ETIS . Add 1FA6P8 to the front of the vin
Thanks mate :thumbsup: this is all coming back to me now I will be trying every day to see if I have a window sticker if not umpteen times a day :lol:
Sponsored

Flamesey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY19 Fastback V8 5.0 Race Red White Stripes Custom Pack 2 Magneride Spoiler Ebony
:cheers: cheers Supersolo and I’ve checked mine upteen times already today and no surprise there’s no movement on it in the last couple of hours lol :D

OP
OP
benanderson89

benanderson89

Hooneriffic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I'm so fucking livid right now. This isn't strictly Mustang related but I need to vent my frustrations.

Something flew off of a rusted out clap-trap Ford Transit on Tuesday and smacked into my Optima's windshield on the Motorway. Two contact points with a fine crack running between them.

Called my insurance and to my absolute surprise I don't have windshield cover despite being with Hastings! Turns out there is an "essentials" plan and I was placed on that, despite all my documents saying "Hastings Direct", not "Hastings Essentials".

Paid £139.70 for Autoglass to come out and try a repair. Lo-and-behold it made it fucking WORSE and the crack has started to spread out wider! Because I gave my signature before work began, I can't get my money back as that counts as consent to risk.

With no insurance I sent them packing and called Kia. £250 for the glass (includes VAT) which is fine, given its a big car and there are loads of electrical bits and sensors glued to the windshield. Though, that doesn't include fitting. If what I've read is correct, total plus fitting is anywhere from £300 to £400 sucked out of the little savings account I had tucked away to pay the deposit on my new Mustang.

I can't upgrade my Insurance to a plan with Windshield care, too. I'd have to cancel the policy, loose this year's no claims bonus, and pay for an entirely new policy.

I'm trying to save cash for the Mustang and apply for a mortgage. I don't need this in my life right now.

:frusty: :frusty: :frusty: :frusty:

Flamesey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY19 Fastback V8 5.0 Race Red White Stripes Custom Pack 2 Magneride Spoiler Ebony
:frusty:Sorry to hear that Ben, my Porker is in for 2 tyres, an MOT and a windscreen washer fix. Not had the bill yet but the tyres are about £500 so it could be £750. I'm riding my Harley to Prague on Friday so thats a couple of grand and back to the UK for a bike service £350 plus. Can't see me saving any more before my GT arrives :frusty::rant:

I was hoping it would be November/December not September ;)

OP
OP
benanderson89

benanderson89

Hooneriffic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I was hoping for late 2018 or early 2019, too. So I'm pushing it down to the wire.

On the plus side, the Mr Whippy van just pulled up next to the office block. Was pretty amusing to see a bunch of grown adults in business attire running for the ice cream man. :lol:

WhatsApp Image 2018-06-27 at 13.44.06.jpeg

Sponsored

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Thought you were supposed to be saving Ben? :tsk:

Re windscreen - this sh1t happens...that bumper repair after wiping out that pheasant cost me ~£400. Think of it this way...a little bad luck now, means less chance of bad luck when you're in the stang :cool:

OP
OP
benanderson89

benanderson89

Hooneriffic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Re windscreen - this sh1t happens...that bumper repair after wiping out that pheasant cost me ~£400. Think of it this way...a little bad luck now, means less chance of bad luck when you're in the stang :cool:
My life tends to operate on the Domino effect principal. A windshield today will be a house on fire two months from now. :lol:

Andy22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 race red gt
Just got a build date of 27th august.

delivery to dealer w/e 13th oct :cheers:

Eclipsar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NFG Mustang GT
Just got a build date of 27th august.

delivery to dealer w/e 13th oct :cheers:
Congrats, presume you have a vin as well

Sponsored

Andy22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 race red gt
Hi mate got a part vin but its only 11 characters and cotus says it needs to be 17.dealer code needs to be 6 characters but is only 5:shrug:

Eclipsar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NFG Mustang GT
Hi mate got a part vin but its only 11 characters and cotus says it needs to be 17.dealer code needs to be 6 characters but is only 5:shrug:
You need to add this in front 1FA6P8 :thumbsup:

Eclipsar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NFG Mustang GT

Flamesey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hi boys I’ve been riding my Harley to Prague this week so haven’t checked but any window stickers available yet?
Sponsored