PKs

PK's
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Fastback
I still have bit of a wait as im not picking mine up until september;but still it will come around quick enough. Working on the estimations of the increase i'm still hopeful the price for mine will be around 72-73k drive away.
Having ordered the metallic paint, auto, magneride and forged wheels on the GT coupe I wouldn't be too surprised to see an on road price around 75 to 78K.
Sponsored

Mustang madness2018

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Troy
Vehicle(s)
MY19, MUSTANG GT. AUTO, RUBY RED.
Having ordered the metallic paint, auto, magneride and forged wheels on the GT coupe I wouldn't be too surprised to see an on road price around 75 to 78K.
Your order sounds great,i only ordered the spoiler as my option as i will do some after market stuff to it later.

Reactions: PKs

Drewbo

WTF?
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Fastback 6MT DIB
Vehicle Showcase
Although I didn't include it in my order, if final pricing is not too steep I will include the OEM spoiler which means I would have to reorder. Oh well.
You sure you'll need to reorder?

We had a cut off date for final specs (well after the initial order was placed).

My dealer called me just before that date to confirm colour/transmission/stripes.

PKs

PK's
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Fastback
You sure you'll need to reorder?

We had a cut off date for final specs (well after the initial order was placed).

My dealer called me just before that date to confirm colour/transmission/stripes.
Yes I brought it up with the dealer yesterday and he said that I might need to reorder but maybe they can avoid that by fitting one once the car arrives. I was a bit concerned with that approach with respect to the spoiler costing more and possible colour matching problems.

Ford 18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2018 Ruby Red Magneride/Recaro Seats
The exact response from the dealer to my enquiry was:-
"I have located you're (your!) NSC number for the Mustang and it is Q8HM.
It is basically a stock number for the vehicle."

Sponsored

Ford 18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
Yes I brought it up with the dealer yesterday and he said that I might need to reorder but maybe they can avoid that by fitting one once the car arrives. I was a bit concerned with that approach with respect to the spoiler costing more and possible colour matching problems.
My impression was that the options were not set in stone pending final pricing but looking at how this is proceeding I think you are right.
I was having second thoughts about the forged wheels - they do look better than the initial image I received.

PKs

PK's
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Fastback
My impression was that the options were not set in stone pending final pricing but looking at how this is proceeding I think you are right.
I was having second thoughts about the forged wheels - they do look better than the initial image I received.
Bob, the way that my dealer put it was that Ford wanted the orders in and your car will arrive with what was ordered. The order will be built. There are no problems however if you are unhappy with the price or if you change your mind on the options. The car will be easily onsold and a new order can be placed but with a new wait time.

Melbnut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang gt
Bob, the way that my dealer put it was that Ford wanted the orders in and your car will arrive with what was ordered. The order will be built. There are no problems however if you are unhappy with the price or if you change your mind on the options. The car will be easily onsold and a new order can be placed but with a new wait time.
I had been told similar to this. They were building as you spec and then pending the details in your contract with your dealer you could just walk away when the price is announced in march. I really do hope its not some bullshit 75k+ driveaway for the auto gt..

PKs

PK's
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Fastback
To my knowledge this ordering without knowing the exact specs of the MY18 (the Australian version) and without knowing the exact on road costs is unique to us here. Must be crazy.

Ford 18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
I had been told similar to this. They were building as you spec and then pending the details in your contract with your dealer you could just walk away when the price is announced in march. I really do hope its not some bullshit 75k+ driveaway for the auto gt..
That makes a lot of sense. It probably is the only way this could work.
As to pricing I hope sanity prevails as the options I have ordered - Auto, Magneride and Recaros are probably going to push it to 75 to 78K .
I am hoping for earlier delivery than July

Sponsored

Melbnut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang gt
That makes a lot of sense. It probably is the only way this could work.
As to pricing I hope sanity prevails as the options I have ordered - Auto, Magneride and Recaros are probably going to push it to 75 to 78K .
I am hoping for earlier delivery than July
The bulletin I read suggested first run was July delivery. But if history repeats itself these will be very late...

Ford 18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
Talked to my dealer and my car will arrive as I ordered.
If any stock cars arrive with the forged alloys I might have the opportunity to swap wheels

Reactions: PKs

Budoy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lancer
Truly tempted to buy my17 models, as you can get them for less than 60k as per Carsales.