Sponsored

I can't order ruby red paint, with midnight blue interior

Don's Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500. 2018 C63S
:confused:

I'm trying to configure a 2018 GT premium in ruby red, with the midnight blue interior. If I try to configure the car with any of the extra price paints, it tells me I have to go with ebony, or even worse showstopper seats. Though I can configure the midnight blue seats, with any of the no cost paints, even race red

I am a little bummed, but I would rather compromise on the exterior than the interior. So looks like it will be Ingot Silver which is not my first choice in paint

guess Ford doesn't want the extra $395 for the ruby red, and is forcing me to spend less, and won't let me buy what I really want. It is a shame Ruby Red paint, with blue stitching on the seats would have been awesome

Sorry just had to vent a little
Sponsored

GT6555

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP2, Lightning Blue
Combo sounds a little weird anyway, but then again, to each their own. I got the midnight blue because my exterior is lightning blue as well. Personally, I don't like the showstopper red unless the exterior is black or white.

keith58

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keith
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 RR Convenience
Combo sounds a little weird anyway, but then again, to each their own. I got the midnight blue because my exterior is lightning blue as well. Personally, I don't like the showstopper red unless the exterior is black or white.
Hey now! No reason to take a shot at those of us with "bold" taste...

Madtel4

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
21 MACH 1, HP 1064, 20 Ranger XLT & 20 Explorer ST
:confused:

I'm trying to configure a 2018 GT premium in ruby red, with the midnight blue interior. If I try to configure the car with any of the extra price paints, it tells me I have to go with ebony, or even worse showstopper seats. Though I can configure the midnight blue seats, with any of the no cost paints, even race red

I am a little bummed, but I would rather compromise on the exterior than the interior. So looks like it will be Ingot Silver which is not my first choice in paint

guess Ford doesn't want the extra $395 for the ruby red, and is forcing me to spend less, and won't let me buy what I really want. It is a shame Ruby Red paint, with blue stitching on the seats would have been awesome

Sorry just had to vent a little
Not my Taste, but why not let you pick any color with any interior? Ingot and Midnight Blue was my first choice. but I went with Lighting and Midnight.
Lee

GT6555

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP2, Lightning Blue
Hey now! No reason to take a shot at those of us with "bold" taste...
No shots fired. I stated "to each their own". Just venturing a guess Ford making these unpopular, ahem, bold, combos isn't cost effective for them for whatever reason.

Sponsored

keith58

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keith
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 RR Convenience
No shots fired. I stated "to each their own". Just venturing a guess Ford making these unpopular, ahem, bold, combos isn't cost effective for them for whatever reason.
I was just kidding around! Blue with red interior is what happens when you promise your 8 and 10 year old boys that they can pick the color. One loves blue and one loves red.

I love letting them pick these things but it can lead to some interesting results such as a blue garage with a white floor. My wife just shakes her head and takes control of the decisions from the garage door in....

QfiNjcMn_gEoQkf3reE1WFIIzqoJkoNNGo0gU4ylZDYRsT63r6q5CRZ35qUg?width=1008&height=756&cropmode=none.jpg

Madtel4

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
21 MACH 1, HP 1064, 20 Ranger XLT & 20 Explorer ST
Blue & white is bad? Look at my Shelby I have liked it for 9 years. I can't see how it would cost Ford any more to bolt in the red seats and door panels or the black or blue ones.

wanted33

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Convertible, 2006 GT Coupe
Yeah, Ford along with GM kinda decide what matches. The only exception I know of is a special order Corvette. Chevy will charge you a $590 color over ride, and then you can order the Corvette Racing Yellow with Adrenalin Red if you want.

sbrenskell

Waiting for OF
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stacie
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Gt Premium FB Orange fury
Vehicle Showcase
Have your dealer contact their Ford rep and ask them if it's do able. Honestly, it probably is just not on the configuator.

Mustang1260

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 50th Limited Edition, WW, Manual
In reality- they will not build combinations that they consider 'strange'.
Simple- sale potential.
Ford is not Amazon. NO ONE is ordering from Ford. The dealership is. And if you walk from the sale upon arrival the dealership has a strange car to unload. Sitting cars effect dealership debt load, inventory they are allowed to carry from Ford etc etc etc.

Example: in 2010 i was looking for a Grand Sport Corvette in Torch Red. I was offerred an insane price for one at a bay area dealership. I saw why once i drove 100 miles to look at it. Back then (for a charge) you could get headlight surrounds in several colors..

Back to the point, some techie designer had convinced them to order the Torch Red Corvette with Silver headlights. He was positive it would be a stunning contrast. It was stunning alright. Stunning crap. The buyer walked. Deposits in CA (and most states) are refundable. But thus buyer felt so bad he told the dealership to keep it.

They later gave up trying to sell it as Ordered and had the front end taken apart and new factory body color headlights installed. Not as easy as it sounds as some panels are glued and the work has to be disclosed.

By refusing to accept an order that might go south Ford is protecting a dealership in such a rush for a sale they do not think it out.

BUT you never know. Time for Ordering an 18 is about out. Go to a dealership and have them ask their regional rep- don't cost nothing.
Sponsored

Last edited: