Bluemustang

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
I think what I'm feeling is just my suspension doing its work and I am just feeling more of it due to the stiffer overall setup and me making the IRS more rigid. I am feeling more of the transmission of the road into the car instead of being isolated from it. The RLCA bearing I think just adds a lot more control in the rear leading to faster reaction times, which when combined with my other mods - I feel it in my butt in the car.

I think I've been trying to find something "wrong" when there isn't anything. I will on my next alignment get that rear toe difference sorted out, and I'm considering Steeda's front control arm system to "finish it off" if you will.

Last edited:

Rebellion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Competition Orange GT
I think what I'm feeling is just my suspension doing its work and I am just feeling more of it due to the stiffer overall setup and me making the IRS more rigid. I am feeling more of the transmission of the road into the car instead of being isolated from it. The RLCA bearing I think just adds a lot more control in the rear leading to faster reaction times, which when combined with my other mods - I feel it in my butt in the car.

I think I've been trying to find something "wrong" when there isn't anything. I will on my next alignment get that rear toe difference sorted out, and I'm considering Steeda's front control arm system to "finish it off" if you will.
I would think so too...that you might be overthinking it. My setup is vaguely similar to yours (LCA, shock mount, FRPP dampers) and I'm completely satisfied. Sure, there is more road feel, the car feels super tight, it's twitchy as hell, and there is some airtime...I think that's to be expected.

Mine had a major breakthrough in harshness reduction after a while...I believe it's due to the GT350R rear sway bushings finally breaking in. At first, it was so tight even with liberal amounts of grease that it propped up the rear about a quarter of an inch. The ride was horrible on asymmetric bumps, but after a few months it all smoothed out. Could have happened sooner if I daily'ed the car, but I don't.

One thing I think is absolutely essential is to have the alignment done after the LCA. There's a huge difference in how the alignment is performed.

OP
OP
Bluemustang

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
I would think so too...that you might be overthinking it. My setup is vaguely similar to yours (LCA, shock mount, FRPP dampers) and I'm completely satisfied. Sure, there is more road feel, the car feels super tight, it's twitchy as hell, and there is some airtime...I think that's to be expected.

Mine had a major breakthrough in harshness reduction after a while...I believe it's due to the GT350R rear sway bushings finally breaking in. At first, it was so tight even with liberal amounts of grease that it propped up the rear about a quarter of an inch. The ride was horrible on asymmetric bumps, but after a few months it all smoothed out. Could have happened sooner if I daily'ed the car, but I don't.

One thing I think is absolutely essential is to have the alignment done after the LCA. There's a huge difference in how the alignment is performed.
Ditto my car feels super tight. And twitchy. At high speeds- if I even think about turning it does it. I have to actually tell myself not to overthink and countersteer. And a tiny amount of steering input is translated into a direction change. There's no more "dead spot" in the steering that many have complained about with this car.

I think more rigid front control arms and especially the roll center correction could improve steering feel. I'm finding now that I almost prefer the Normal steering, as it feels almost too responsive on the Sport mode if that makes any sense. Normal mode now feels evenly weighted and not "tremendous" steering weight to deal with. The Comfort mode - I do not like.

How are you setting your sway bars or are the GT350 bars non-adjustable? I have mine on full soft and was considering going back to the neutral setting. I have BMR bars btw.

Rebellion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Competition Orange GT
Ditto my car feels super tight. And twitchy. At high speeds- if I even think about turning it does it. I have to actually tell myself not to overthink and countersteer. And a tiny amount of steering input is translated into a direction change. There's no more "dead spot" in the steering that many have complained about with this car.

I think more rigid front control arms and especially the roll center correction could improve steering feel. I'm finding now that I almost prefer the Normal steering, as it feels almost too responsive on the Sport mode if that makes any sense. Normal mode now feels evenly weighted and not "tremendous" steering weight to deal with. The Comfort mode - I do not like.

How are you setting your sway bars or are the GT350 bars non-adjustable? I have mine on full soft and was considering going back to the neutral setting. I have BMR bars btw.
Mine are fixed. For some reason, I'm against having too many options (like adjustable springs, dampers, sways, etc), I know that my OCD will make me adjust them after every drive :lol:

I wanted them to be just a wee bit stiffer, not 200 or 300%. I think I sort of hit the spot with it, definitely haven't had an overt understeer episode since. If anything, I think the tail moves out a bit...which is good, you can sort of control it with throttle.

I've never tried the steering modes, left in Sport since I test drove it in the dealer. So, shouldn't it be more responsive in normal vs sport? Should take less force to make it turn...I thought sport was stiffer.

I did find that steering was affected by my wheels spacers, the wheel springs back to neutral much quicker than before.

BTW, can you link those Steeda front arms? I thought about the optimum arms with bearings on both front and rear.

OP
OP
Bluemustang

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
Mine are fixed. For some reason, I'm against having too many options (like adjustable springs, dampers, sways, etc), I know that my OCD will make me adjust them after every drive :lol:

I wanted them to be just a wee bit stiffer, not 200 or 300%. I think I sort of hit the spot with it, definitely haven't had an overt understeer episode since. If anything, I think the tail moves out a bit...which is good, you can sort of control it with throttle.

I've never tried the steering modes, left in Sport since I test drove it in the dealer. So, shouldn't it be more responsive in normal vs sport? Should take less force to make it turn...I thought sport was stiffer.

I did find that steering was affected by my wheels spacers, the wheel springs back to neutral much quicker than before.

BTW, can you link those Steeda front arms? I thought about the optimum arms with bearings on both front and rear.
I know what you mean. When I had my adjustable Konis I must have adjusted them 20x lol my OCD about it took over.

My car feels pretty neutral maybe a little understeer but it's easy to make the rear come around.

The suspension definitely affected the steering and made it stiffer and quicker to come back to center when I let go. Maybe I described it wrong. By responsive I meant that in Sport I feel more response from the road. The Normal mode filters a little bit of that out. But I go back and forth sometimes I can't make up my mind.

You can get bearings on both arms from Steeda as well. I was considering the Optimum control arms but then Steeda came out with arms with roll center correction. And I already have their bumpsteer kit so the two would pair well together. But yes you can get the lateral and tensions links with bearings.
Sponsored