Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
Vehicle Showcase
for 10k you could trade in your eb and get a gt without doing any work. unless you want to do all this work.
True but where is the fun in that. The one thing I learned when I did my 6R80 to MT82 swap in my 2011 3.7 Mustang vert was that I learned a ton about the build of my car, including what harnesses go to what. Those of us who do most if not all our own work, this kind of stuff is key to knowing your build.

Modding is not about what is practical.
Sponsored

metalhead79

That thang got a Hemi?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Modding is not about what is practical.
If practicality mattered, we'd all be driving boring FWD hatchbacks and minivans.

My wife gets the practical car - 2016 Hyundai Sonata Limited Hybrid. I get the fun car. Yeah, the EB might not be as fun as a GT, but it sure as hell is a lot more fun than a hybird.

TheLion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ruby Red 2016 Mustang GT PP 6-MT
Depends on the situation too. As was pointed out earlier, you'd pay a lot more than 10k for a super charged coyote. You can get a roush super charged coyote with everything for 10.5k. A NA coyote runs what, 8~9k? As I stated before as well, if you have a bunch of money into suspension and drive train mods your loosing thousands in those as well.

Trade up makes the most sense stock for stock, so if you haven't really started down the mod path that's the route to go, but if you well into chassis / suspension and body mods, buy the Roush super charged coyote (which is likely a re-branded FP super charger kit put on by the factory), put in the time and call it a day!

5.0yote

AKA Bananana & 3.7Cyclone
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Depends on the situation too. As was pointed out earlier, you'd pay a lot more than 10k for a super charged coyote. You can get a roush super charged coyote with everything for 10.5k. A NA coyote runs what, 8~9k? As I stated before as well, if you have a bunch of money into suspension and drive train mods your loosing thousands in those as well.

Trade up makes the most sense stock for stock, so if you haven't really started down the mod path that's the route to go, but if you well into chassis / suspension and body mods, buy the Roush super charged coyote (which is likely a re-branded FP super charger kit put on by the factory), put in the time and call it a day!
I get it and yes when you hear the people go why not just get a GT if your just a driver, or you need absolute reliability, then its the logical route to take.

For me its the fun of modding, and to be honest I personally believe everyone should mod, and try to do your own mechanical work, you get a greater appreciation for your car, you gain a ton of knowledge, and for me, & it is a well proven fact that the more projects you do, places you go to see, events you attend, and time you spend with your friends, family etc. & building your car, that time you spend makes your life richer, and longer. It is a no brainer to me. Nothing is a waste of time. it is all good =) Just my opinion =)

TheLion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ruby Red 2016 Mustang GT PP 6-MT
I get it and yes when you hear the people go why not just get a GT if your just a driver, or you need absolute reliability, then its the logical route to take.

For me its the fun of modding, and to be honest I personally believe everyone should mod, and try to do your own mechanical work, you get a greater appreciation for your car, you gain a ton of knowledge, and for me, & it is a well proven fact that the more projects you do, places you go to see, events you attend, and time you spend with your friends, family etc. & building your car, that time you spend makes your life richer, and longer. It is a no brainer to me. Nothing is a waste of time. it is all good =) Just my opinion =)
That's a great point of view and I can agree with that. While I don't always enjoy working on the car (depends on the mod), the experience is very valuable even for working on regular daily drivers like a Ford Focus or Honda Civic etc.

Paying some one else to do even simple things like brakes doubles or triples the cost due to the labor cost. Not only that as when you get old enough that you really can't do the work (assuming your still driving), you'll also know B.S. when a mechanic gives a crap explanation because he doesn't know or want's to scam you.

Add to that I know the work was done to MY standards, not some one else who in some cases could care less how crappy of a job they do (not saying all techs do a bad job, but there are enough out there to be of concern).

There is some advantage though in taking the mod rout vs. the factory upgraded route, you can take a base model and do all the upgrades you want yourself instead of buying an upgraded factory model then changing 50% of those upgrades you already paid extra for that aren't as good as what you can put on yourself. The other advantage is that base models are always lighter, in the case of the ecoboost mustang signficiantly lighter, nearly 110 lbs lighter! My base weighs 3532, premium is listed at 3642....that weight will affect handling and acceleration significantly. The EB's respond VERY well to weight reduction, more so than an NA counter part. Helps that little turbo 4 get going faster.

On the fast list, one of the members ran a 13.2 on a STOCK EB by just removing weight (seats and the cat back exhaust). He probably knocked off about 150~175lbs between removing the cat back exhaust and all the passenger seats. Livernois did the same thing, they ran a 12.67 on their tune with just drag radials. They then removed the passenger seats, cat back exhaust and put on some light weight 17" DR's, same car, same tune and ran a 12.11. Over half a second was gained by weight reduction. These turbo 4's spool up much faster with just a little weight reduction.

Sponsored

metalhead79

That thang got a Hemi?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
You can't add a lot of the premium features to the base models. In terms of daily driving, I much prefer the creature comforts of my premium to having a car a 10th of a second quicker. I can overcome the speed deficit. You can't add BLIS to your base model.

I do all the work that I can on my car. I laughed when the Ford dealer told me that my car came with 5 free oil changes. As if....

I don't like doing audio upgrades myself, though. I just hate it. I always take it to a shop for that.

I've always considered half the reason of owning a pony car was to mod it yourself in your garage over agonizing weekends filled with blood, sweat, tears, and then rushing to get it done so you can go to work Monday morning. The other half is to have a fast car that looks awesome.

Modding is putting your own personal stamp on your car. It makes it more 'yours'. When you've spent hours underneath it adding go fast parts, when you've personalized the exterior and interior, the thought of just trading up to a faster car because it's easier is anathema.

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT

While I do agree and I do most of the maintenance and repair work on my vehicles... looking at the process and how long it takes to replace the evap in this car, that is not something I would want to do. Having to rip out the dash. Can't imagine anyone but the most insane person on this planet would get their jolly's off doing that repair.

kiszl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
Tripple Yellow 2015 GT
Huge fan of what youre doing Eco85! Did you have to modify the fuel system of the ecoboost to run with 5.0? I ask because I know the Ecos run a return fuel system but Im not sure what the regular gt runs.

5.0yote

AKA Bananana & 3.7Cyclone
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
While I do agree and I do most of the maintenance and repair work on my vehicles... looking at the process and how long it takes to replace the evap in this car, that is not something I would want to do. Having to rip out the dash. Can't imagine anyone but the most insane person on this planet would get their jolly's off doing that repair.
I am clearly not talking about absolutely every repair item, there are somethings I do not enjoy doing like tracing electrical etc., and I am in no ways trying to say if you do not do your own work your a putts, I would just as much pay someone to rotate my tires over doing a transmission swap, because of the mundane nature of it. Just saying there are benefits to doing it yourself that bring a lot to the table not just for the fun of it.

Also not everyone has ready access to lifts, so there is that too.

OP
OP
Eco85

Eco85

Mad Scientist
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang
I am clearly not talking about absolutely every repair item, there are somethings I do not enjoy doing like tracing electrical etc., and I am in no ways trying to say if you do not do your own work your a putts, I would just as much pay someone to rotate my tires over doing a transmission swap, because of the mundane nature of it. Just saying there are benefits to doing it yourself that bring a lot to the table not just for the fun of it.

Also not everyone has ready access to lifts, so there is that too.
I didnt use a lift..... Lol look back i used jack stands, atv jack and a creeper lol

Sponsored
OP
OP
Eco85

Eco85

Mad Scientist
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang
Huge fan of what youre doing Eco85! Did you have to modify the fuel system of the ecoboost to run with 5.0? I ask because I know the Ecos run a return fuel system but Im not sure what the regular gt runs.
None of the s550's run return style , just changed the intank pump.

kiszl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
Tripple Yellow 2015 GT
None of the s550's run return style , just changed the intank pump.
Wow, American Muscle lied to me lmao. Thanks for the response man, thats definitely good news to hear.

Daryl152

Kill3r_Stang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost (IG:Kill3r_Stang)
Following up on this old post.

i want to engine swap my Auto Ecoboost 2015 for a 5.0. Is there any additional modifications or fabrications that need to be done? For example motor mounts? Or is it a direct fit?

Daryl152

Kill3r_Stang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost (IG:Kill3r_Stang)
My mechanic does swaps for a living so I just wanted to find out about this process.

I tried to get a quote on trading in my EB but it didn't look like I was getting the best bang out of my buck. Plus I've done so many mods to this car, I might as well gut it and make it my own.

I wanted to buy an engine and tranny package from thepartsfarm.com Anyone have good experiences with these guys?

kert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kurt
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ecoboost Premium
My mechanic does swaps for a living so I just wanted to find out about this process.

I tried to get a quote on trading in my EB but it didn't look like I was getting the best bang out of my buck. Plus I've done so many mods to this car, I might as well gut it and make it my own.

I wanted to buy an engine and tranny package from thepartsfarm.com Anyone have good experiences with these guys?

I wanted to buy an engine and tranny package from thepartsfarm.com Anyone have good experiences with these guys?[/QUOTE]

I tried to buy from them and when it came time for payment they wanted it sent as a gift. I wasn’t comfortable with this and they immediately tried to pressure me and told me they had it sold to somebody else if I didn’t want it so I better decide quickly. I backed out and they continued to try to call and txt me at all hours telling me I was wasting their time and stupid for not reading their terms. In the end I think I made the right decision to back out, just too many red flags.
Sponsored