Last edited:

UAmach1

Bullitt Hopefull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford/INFINITI
I wish this site had downvotes.

Show me any reputable source that it's not real.

EDIT: TO be clear, I don't give a damn about global warming and would gladly daily a 454 big block, but to say it's not real is just uneducated idiocy.

torque124

Torque
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
I wish this site had downvotes.

Show me any reputable source that it's not real.

EDIT: TO be clear, I don't give a damn about global warming and would gladly daily a 454 big block, but to say it's not real is just uneducated idiocy.
The death of NA V8's is largely attributed to the tree hugger advocates and global warming hype. It is what caused manufacturers to go FI, for better pollution control and equivalent power.

MrCincinnati

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
The death of NA V8's is largely attributed to the tree hugger advocates and global warming hype. It is what caused manufacturers to go FI, for better pollution control and equivalent power.
I don't think he's disagreeing with the cause of the downfall of NA V8's, so much as he's disagreeing with the thought that global warming is hype or not real. I agree with him - it's very real.. but I don't think we need to call each other idiots over it.

Sponsored

GTthree50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic Grey 2017 GT350
This was one of the big reasons I bought the Shelby. Looked at the M2 considering very similar performance but turbos leave me uninterested. The sound can not compare and if you like revs well your out of luck in most cases. There we’re other reasons I preferred the Shelby but NA and 8250 rpm’s were just impossible to ignore.

MulhollandMonster

Laus Deo
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Untested and unsubstantiated hypotheses do not settled fact make. At one time the scientific consensus, without substantiation was that the earth was flat...Anyone who claims untested and unsubstantiated theory is fact is an abject liar...If that same liar claims the only potential consequence (CO2 as the cause) is apocalyptic, with no possibility of positive outcome, or any positive outcome absolutely and unquestionably ruled out (as is the inference of the fear merchants), is operating not in the realm of science, but instead science fiction.

No proof. No science. Only computer modeling...Its not science at all.

The earth warms (which is good), and cools (which can be very bad). Ruling out that reality and claiming correlation is causation (logical fallacy), is just evidence of the mindlessness of the proponents. Many have made millions and billions on this scam, and they don't want it to EVER dry up.

But it is a great political racket for confiscatory taxation into eternity to promise a solution to a problem that never existed (so why ever stop it?). The collection of tyrants, monarchs and corrupt nations that clink champagne glasses at the UN round tables love the scam...The price to the public is felt by everybody, from taxation, to useless regulation and forced compliance to satisfy the fiction.

Those that buy into it are just evidence that the public aren't too bright, given just the right amount of media brainwashing can fool any population into believing whatever political agenda is being pitched.

My favorite part of the religion of global warming is the little jihadis it created that want to stone anyone who dares not buy into their religious fervor.

UAmach1

Bullitt Hopefull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford/INFINITI
Untested and unsubstantiated hypotheses do not settled fact make. At one time the scientific consensus, without substantiation was that the earth was flat...Anyone who claims untested and unsubstantiated theory is fact is an abject liar...If that same liar claims the only potential consequence (CO2 as the cause) is apocalyptic, with no possibility of positive outcome, or any positive outcome absolutely and unquestionably ruled out (as is the inference of the fear merchants), is operating not in the realm of science, but instead science fiction.

The earth warms (which is good), and cools (which can be very bad). Ruling out that reality and claiming correlation is causation (logical fallacy), is just evidence of the mindlessness of the proponents. Many have made millions and billions on this scam, and they don't want it to EVER dry up.

But it is a great political racket for confiscatory taxation into eternity to solve a problem that never existed. The collection of tyrants, monarchs and corrupt nations that clink champagne glasses at the UN round tables love the scam...The price to the public is felt by everybody, from taxation, to useless regulation and forced compliance to satisfy the fiction.

Those that buy into it are just evidence that the public aren't too bright, given just the right amount of media brainwashing can fool any population into believing whatever political agenda is being pitched.
Ah, troll, got it.

MrCincinnati

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R

But it is a great political racket for confiscatory taxation into eternity to solve a problem that never existed. The collection of tyrants, monarchs and corrupt nations that clink champagne glasses at the UN round tables love the scam...The price to the public is felt by everybody, from taxation, to useless regulation and forced compliance to satisfy the fiction.

You're free to bury your head in the sand, but it's not necessary to pretend to be educated while doing so.

https://climate.nasa.gov/scientific-consensus/

UAmach1

Bullitt Hopefull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford/INFINITI
I'm not disagreeing with that at all.

Also I love when people bitch about "tree huggers" or other advocates ONLY when it impacts what they find fun. You never see people complaining that the air in LA or other major cities are much cleaner since the 70-80's thanks to "tree huggers" and no longer comparable to cities in China, but touch my v8.. Now they are evil.

Is it over hyped? Maybe. I haven't honestly looked into it that much, but I'd honestly be amazed if you have either. Most people haven't. The more "normal" people buy "green" cars the better for the v8 IMO as if 90% of people are buying hybrids, electric, and high efficiency cars, then there is less reason to regulate a performance v8.

Sponsored

MulhollandMonster

Laus Deo
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
You're free to bury your head in the sand, but it's not necessary to pretend to be educated while doing so.

https://climate.nasa.gov/scientific-consensus/
Consensus isn't science. It is opinion...The consensus is that CO2 "may be" causing global warming...That isn't science...Either it is, or is not...Until "is" is scientifically tested and found to be unquestionably the cause, it is fiction.

Computer models aren't perfect by a long shot. In fact they can pump out anything the variable inputters want it to put out, especially if it means lots of money coming their way.

Its a fraud and has been proven so...

"The reason why even the Guardian's George Monbiot has expressed total shock and dismay at the picture revealed by the documents is that their authors are not just any old bunch of academics. Their importance cannot be overestimated, What we are looking at here is the small group of scientists who have for years been more influential in driving the worldwide alarm over global warming than any others, not least through the role they play at the heart of the UN's Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change"(IPCC).http://www.telegraph.co.uk/comment/...rst-scientific-scandal-of-our-generation.html

cosmo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mustang GT

But it is a great political racket for confiscatory taxation into eternity to promise a solution to a problem that never existed (so why ever stop it?). The collection of tyrants, monarchs and corrupt nations that clink champagne glasses at the UN round tables love the scam...The price to the public is felt by everybody, from taxation, to useless regulation and forced compliance to satisfy the fiction.

My favorite part of the religion of global warming is the little jihadis it created that want to stone anyone who dares not buy into their religious fervor.
So do you get lubed up before big oil rams it in or...? Do you just like it dry and rough? I can't tell, you just seemed to swallow their load just as much as the people you're bitching about swallow the "tyrants, monarchs and corrupt nations" loads.

The world isn't black and white. Rarely do you see absolute truth in something that someone is speaking, there's usually a lot of grey and truths to both sides. Actually investigate both sides and make your own opinion.

MrCincinnati

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
Consensus isn't science. It is opinion...The consensus is that CO2 "may be" causing global warming...That isn't science...Either it is, or is not...Until "is" is scientifically tested and found to be unquestionably the cause, it is fiction.

Computer models aren't perfect by a long shot. In fact they can pump out anything the variable inputters want it to put out, especially if it means lots of money coming their way.

Its a fraud and has been proven so...

"The reason why even the Guardian's George Monbiot has expressed total shock and dismay at the picture revealed by the documents is that their authors are not just any old bunch of academics. Their importance cannot be overestimated, What we are looking at here is the small group of scientists who have for years been more influential in driving the worldwide alarm over global warming than any others, not least through the role they play at the heart of the UN's Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change"(IPCC).http://www.telegraph.co.uk/comment/...rst-scientific-scandal-of-our-generation.html
Look, guy, it's not worth arguing with you here. You've already made statements that qualify you as someone with whom debating this topic would be pointless.

Have a good day.

Status
Not open for further replies.