I need some help installing an ATI balancer, please

OP
OP

Dragster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Just curious, why are you putting that damper on?
I first put the balancer on when I did oil pump gears and a crank sprocket, figuring they were all good insurance as the car would be revving high due to the stage 3 Comp cams going in at the same time. Long story short, I wasn't satisfied with that setup and decided to change cams.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Dragster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
I really don't understand how I could get this thing on the first time, and have so many issues this time... So I got that old broken stud out, and tried the heating method to get the balancer on, but it didn't work for me. It's on just enough to get the crank bolt to catch, but not enough to make it catch with even a thin washer to try to push the balancer on. There doesn't seem to be a single balancer install tool that will work for the ATI balancer--including ATI's install kit, which doesn't include an M12x1.5 adapter (they don't sell one either). I found an installer kit that includes one, but it isn't long enough to catch the adapter in the crank.:angry:

I've never been this frustrated working on the car before, and I've done headers and cams twice...:computerrage:

Braski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Traded 2015 Blk GT Prem PP on 2019 Corvette GS 2LT M7
Vehicle Showcase
Is this the same damper that was on it already? It sounds like the fit is too tight. Check and make sure both surfaces are in perfect condition. If either of them have sweding or gauling on it you'll never get that thing on there straight. Good luck!

OP
OP

Dragster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Is this the same damper that was on it already? It sounds like the fit is too tight. Check and make sure both surfaces are in perfect condition. If either of them have sweding or gauling on it you'll never get that thing on there straight. Good luck!
Yes it is. I finally got it on. I needed to get the correct installer tool, and I found one at Autozone that worked. That ended up being a massive pain in the ass...

80FoxCoupe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT, 80 Fox