Sponsored

Aftermarket Stereo Install/Dash Kit for the S550 (soon)

OP
OP
jekyllrider@aol.com

[email protected]

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick D
Vehicle(s)
red gt auto
So I was able to transfer over the toggles from a premium bezel and use the second circuit board provided. after enabling the mode buttons using forscan, it works like a champ.
Glad it worked out for you!
Sponsored

Cathul

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
I'm getting a replacement for my current Metra 99-5840CH kit as the panel on my current kit is not updateable. Updates work with the black interface box contained in this kit, but not the panel. Looks like the USB connector is dead. Amazon will send me a new one by this friday and hopefully updates will work after the replacement.

Cathul

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
Updates did work with the replacement. Erratic HVAC controls were caused by a crushed condenser and loss of cooling fluid in the HVAC system.
So now everything is working correctly and after doing the updates i have climate seats on the Metra kit as well as temperature showing in Celsius.
Only thing that's missing for me now is a way to hook up the premium amp to the Metra interface. Don't want to use the highlevel output of the Kenwood headunit, but the preamp outputs.
Anyone got a hint on what to connect? Metra manual says to connect the appropriate cables from the 16-pin harness to the speaker-out of the headunit, but this is for high-lvl output.

Reason i ask is because i have a breakout harness at the DSP/amp in the drivers footwell, that routes the low-level signal from the original SYNC2 to the aftermarket DSP/amp in the trunk. Therefor i would like to provide the low-level signals from the new headunit to the same wiring again if possible.

musclesoh92467

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang
It takes out sync completely but it does retain the steering wheel controls. I haven't tried the mic button yet to see what it does. My Kenwood came with a separate mic so I'm not concerned about the sync mic.
How is the dash kit working after a few years ? I read reviews and all bad but a very few

Sponsored

musclesoh92467

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang
Glad to hear it.. I want to put the new Kenwood in just iffy in on which kit the Metra or Scosche

Cathul

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
I ripped it out and got a SYNC3. The HVAC control on the Metra kit are garbage.

musclesoh92467

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang
Sounds like the same thing i read on all the reviews about the metra kit .did you buy the sync 3 in a kit ?

Cathul

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
I had SYNC2, so no kit, but just a drop in replacement. Only things needed were the USB hub and a GPS antenna.

musclesoh92467

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang
I had SYNC2, so no kit, but just a drop in replacement. Only things needed were the USB hub and a GPS antenna.
Oh ok gotcha.. you know anyone that has the linkswell mustang dash kit 4 to 8 inch screen ? Can’t find reviews on it

Sponsored

Cathul

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
No. Usually all the people i know stay far away from those china android dash kit/radio combinations.

Comporange93611

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
Velocity Blue 2020 LFP Mustang GT
I have both the Metra and scosche Kits. Just bought a 2020... would I lose the ford pass apps If I installed a kenwood head unit?

Mattwood440

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Base, Performance Package
I hate to raise this dead horse but does anyone remember what the correct settings are for the Scosche kit? I had the single screen launch model replaced under warranty and they gave me the new 2 screen model. Specifically: camera type (none, 1, or 2) because all 3 settings show my camera on the receiver perfectly fine and camera type 2 adds a camera icon to the kit screen. Park brake source (brake, speed). Enhanced park pilot (on, off). Camera delay (on, off). Car is 15 gt base, receiver is pioneer 8500. Thanks
Sponsored