Bluetooth and taillight issue

ponyv6

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ozzy
Vehicle(s)
2019 301A PP1 Velocity Blue
my bluetooth stoped recognizing my phone I tried everything from the menu like turning bluetooth off and on, doing the factory settings (not sure if it was called factory settings), deleting the phone and trying to reconnect it... nothing worked except unplugging the battery. it happened twice and unplugging the battery solved the issue.
but now, I started to have right taillight issues the third led doesn't work time to time (I suspect it started after unplugging the battery). turning off and turning on the engine solves this issue. now everything is ok but, I dont have the warranty anymore and it is a little bit annoying thinking that the the single taillight price is around $900 :doh:.
if it decides to die completely are they fixable? or do I have to get a new one?
I dont worry about the bluetooth that much since if it dies completely I am thinking to upgrade it after market bigger screens (I have the base model 2015 V6)
Sponsored

JackBauer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic base GT 6SP
the taillights are not fixable as theyre LED strips, which are supposed to last a long time. there's no bulb to replace.

i had the taillight replaced at the dealer and it still didn't fix the issue. someone else on the forum mentioned that it may be the BCM (body control module) that is the culprit, sometimes it doesn't send the correct/full voltage to the light.

mine also gets fixed turning it off and on, lol.

ElAviator72

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost PP Deep Impact Blue (base 100A car)
RE: Bluetooth, did you try rebooting the phone?

I have the base radio (same one that's in the v6), and about every 9-10 days or so, I need to reboot my phone so that the car and radio can talk again...something with Android's Bluetooth stack :crazy:

Boggus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang GT PP
Does the sporadic tail light throw a code? Using FORScan, it seems to show more errors then what a regular OBD reader does. There is a module for taillamps, just wondering if it would show a malfunction.

OP
OP
ponyv6

ponyv6

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ozzy
Vehicle(s)
2019 301A PP1 Velocity Blue

I have the base radio (same one that's in the v6), and about every 9-10 days or so, I need to reboot my phone so that the car and radio can talk again...something with Android's Bluetooth stack :crazy:
I am using iphone, and rebooting doesnt help. i tried everything and only removing the battery works.

Does the sporadic tail light throw a code? Using FORScan, it seems to show more errors then what a regular OBD reader does. There is a module for taillamps, just wondering if it would show a malfunction.
I will go to dealer this week for oil change, I will ask them to check for any code.
I still have the 1000part warranty hopefully that BCM thing is in that list. I will check it tomorrow.

Do you know if unplugging the battery removes the codes?

Sponsored

15BluStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pat
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1
I was on a trip and having constant problems with Bluetooth and USB on my iPhone. After a little Google searching I found there is a known problem in IOS 11.2.5 which is said to be fixed in 11.3. My Bluetooth would work as long as I did not connect my phone to the USB and select the USB as the source. Once I did, it would be unable to connect to USB and Bluetooth would no longer work. And here is the really strange part. If I changed to Carplay, the phone would start working using the USB.

DJRoy28

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium PP
My '15 GT has been having this tail light issue as well for the past couple of months. I have the exact same symptoms.

Other people have had this issue before too. I have read on a couple of threads that it could be caused by a low battery (mine is sitting around 11.5V when the car is off, which is definitely low).
I have also read that the BCMB should be recalibrated for all cars made before 4/22/15, and that fixed the issue for some people. Maybe the low battery (or in your case, disconnected) messes with the BCMB and it then needs to be reprogrammed? Not sure haha.
I plan on taking it to the dealer when I get the chance to see if they can take a look at the BCM. I would love to see if anyone has found a fix to this.

ElAviator72

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost PP Deep Impact Blue (base 100A car)
I am using iphone, and rebooting doesnt help. i tried everything and only removing the battery works.
On the Bluetooth issue, you can go to owner.ford.com, enter your VIN, and see if you have the current update of Sync (5.10 on the base radio, I believe). If you don't, you can either do a DIY installation with a USB key, or ask your dealer to update it the next time you take the car in (which they should do without asking, anyways, but in my experience, your mileage may vary on this...).

EDIT: Just checked it. V5.11 is out now, I need to update my car to this :headbang:

Last edited:

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
For taillight try this, with vehicle totally OFF and no other doors/hood open.

Open trunk, remove the black plastic taillight panel (plastic push pins). Then assuming your “right” is the rear light on the passenger side (if looking at the car from the rear), you might have to bend back the gray inner trunk liner on that side (top of it is just mounted with magnet). Just tweak the liner out of your way.

Coming off the back of the light assembly, you’ll see the harness from the light connecting to the body harness. Unplug it and leave it unplugged for a genuine 10-15 mins. After the time period is up, plug it back in, start the car and turn on that signal and see if all 3 LED bars illuminate.

Some have had success in doing the above, others have not.

IF your warranty is still in place, take it to the Dealer it’s covered under the 3/36.

IF it’s detemrined it’s not the BCM and your warranty is expired, search on eBay for a replacement taillight - you can get them anywhere from $250-$400, depending on who is selling it and condition. Don’t get it at Dealer, the cost was in excess of $800+ per side!
Sponsored