Sponsored

ISC Suspension N1 Coilover Review (Pic Heavy)

The Menace

No it's not that Fast...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danny
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
So I believe it was the first week of June My son and I installed the ISC N1 Coilovers. Installation is pretty straight forward easier than doing a spring install as you are replacing the entire assembly up front. Took a few tries and 2 blown shock mounts in the rear to get the right adjustment on the shock. I tried myself a few times before I emailed ISC. I will say ISC replied to my email same day and had technician on the line with me in less than an hour after the email. so long story short Bottom out the rear shock and raise the adjustment cup all the way for the look I have.

After having these on for almost 2 months and putting almost 2000 miles on the ISC Coilover (Street Sport) I will have to say for the price they are great. 32 way adjustable damping, Thrust bearings and a camber plate up front. (camber plate adjustability is a little hard to do but is possible without cutting your strut tower.) The car is very planted and corners great, the entire ride just feels complete and balanced. Keep in mind my entire suspension set up to date but these really compliment the entire build.

Height Wise: I am currently ground to fender 26.25" in the front and 26 or 26.25 in the Back but I can’t remember and the car is gone for R&D for a while... :( so these are close to the max BUT they are not maxed out. FYI over 2" lower than stock on Stock PP wheels you need at minimum a 5/16" Spacer or the tire will most likely rub the Spring. This is NOT an ISC Issue but rather an issue with Wheel Offset and S550 Suspension Geometry.

I have a little over 2,000 miles on these with speeds of almost 130MPH, several Canyon runs, and a lot of daily driving to get the damping dialed in. I am running the Street/Race set up which is the in between of the 3 valving/spring options. For my Needs I Probably should have went full Race but these really do compliment the rest of my suspension build and will work until I can get another set. For the price and options, I am very happy with the performance. So much so, I am going to put a set on my WRX which is my Daily.

Now for what you guys want to see.

this Is with about 1000 miles on them. Checking torque and adjusting my end links.

LRM_EXPORT_20160729_221931.jpg

LRM_EXPORT_20160729_221532.jpg

Menace-004.jpg

Menace-Night-08.jpg

Menace-Night-18.jpg

LRM_EXPORT_20160729_223319.jpg

LRM_EXPORT_20160729_222939.jpg

LRM_EXPORT_20160729_222413.jpg

LRM_EXPORT_20160729_221452.jpg

LRM_EXPORT_20160729_221437.jpg

Menace-Night-13.jpg

Menace-003.jpg

Menace-002.jpg

Menace-009.jpg

Both Cars are on ISC

Reaper-Menace-FEF.jpg

Reaper-Menace-TLT-04.jpg

Reaper-Menace-TLT-03.jpg

Menace-Reap-SS2.jpg
Sponsored

TJL442

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Nice ride. I have a set of these sitting in my garage just waiting for time to install, hopefully next week while the wife and kids are out of town. Looking at the pics at the rear spring adjustment how much adjustment is left to go up? The pic makes it look like its almost set to max height, but it may just be a little deceiving.

Tim

Edit- read your post again and its different from the other post you had with same pics, sorry. So are you using the shock adjustment in the rear to pull down a near max height spring to get the height your at?

Last edited:

Monica_Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Ecoboost Performance pack
How far are you dropped in the back? Looks like you could get a lot more drop out of those.

Also, can you elaborate more on the issue you had with the rear? If I'm looking to get more of a drop out of these will I run into this problem?

OP
OP
The Menace

The Menace

No it's not that Fast...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danny
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Nice. :thumbsup: The ride quality?
Ride quality in my opinion is a hell of a lot more responsive than both stock and lowering springs once I got the rears figured out. I would never go back to lowering springs.

Sponsored

OP
OP
The Menace

The Menace

No it's not that Fast...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danny
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Nice ride. I have a set of these sitting in my garage just waiting for time to install, hopefully next week while the wife and kids are out of town. Looking at the pics at the rear spring adjustment how much adjustment is left to go up? The pic makes it look like its almost set to max height, but it may just be a little deceiving.

Tim

Edit- read your post again and its different from the other post you had with same pics, sorry. So are you using the shock adjustment in the rear to pull down a near max height spring to get the height your at?
I don't see a way of really adding to much more height to the car in the back, but maybe I missed something? I have about 1/2" left on the collar adjustment on spring and maybe another 1/2" on the shock I would not recommend raising the shock more than .5 to .75" over the bottomed out way I am running them now. I had it bottomed out +1.25" and it was NOT good... Had about 3/4" of shock travel and blew out both shock mounts...

Hope this helps

OP
OP
The Menace

The Menace

No it's not that Fast...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danny
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
How far are you dropped in the back? Looks like you could get a lot more drop out of those.

Also, can you elaborate more on the issue you had with the rear? If I'm looking to get more of a drop out of these will I run into this problem?
The rear problem was all related to Shock adjustment and nothing to do with the spring. The way I see it you can drop the back another 1.5" over what I have... As far as running into a problem lowering more I am not 100% sure. I have not tried as the tire is currently tucked inside about .25" I think if you dropped it down that full 1.5" I mentioned the top of your tire may hit the top well bottom of the wheel well? Just a theory again I have not tried it. I still have about .5 to .75" I can drop in the front just to put that out there too..