What a good lap time at Willowsprings looks like

MulhollandMonster

Laus Deo
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
This is a buddy I used to see a lot at Willowsprings. Jack Olsen in his 275 crank hp 911 he daily drives...I never had respect for the 911s until I got my ass handed to me there...My best was 12 seconds slower, granted in a Mitsubishi Evo.

[ame]
Sponsored

UAmach1

Bullitt Hopefull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford/INFINITI
Probably drop his time some if he wasn't pegging his limiter at the end. Maybe he can get a few more RPM out of it up top? Not sure what his build is though or what the engine can take. Either way that is definately a great run and a great sounding car.

OP
OP
MulhollandMonster

MulhollandMonster

Laus Deo
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Probably drop his time some if he wasn't pegging his limiter at the end. Maybe he can get a few more RPM out of it up top? Not sure what his build is though or what the engine can take. Either way that is definately a great run and a great sounding car.
127 around Big Willow is fucking fast as shit.

UAmach1

Bullitt Hopefull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford/INFINITI

Sponsored

OP
OP
MulhollandMonster

MulhollandMonster

Laus Deo
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
This is a GT350 doing it in the 1:30 range (twice the HP and nearly twice the weight). Probably can do far better...Anyone have any good lap times for Big Willow?

[ame]

UAmach1

Bullitt Hopefull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford/INFINITI
This is the car...completely custom 911 called the Black Beauty.

bb2anglehr1164264771.jpg
I generally hate Porsche's, but I love the looks of a well done track prepped one. That car looks like it should make 200HP more than it does.

OP
OP
MulhollandMonster

MulhollandMonster

Laus Deo
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
You watch that video about the making of it? He patched it together to mirror an RSR, added the wide body fab, and added the engine and handling bits to suit his needs....First time we hung out was Thunderhill, which he drove out there (10 hour drive, BTW) with all his shit (wing, tires, jack, jack stands, etc). His buddy was with him in non-widebody 78...I did a couple ride alongs with them and I was blown away by the performance.

I used to frequent PelicanParts.com (Porsche enthusiast forum) and started following his build and racing saga there.

The canyon bits of that video are my old stomping grounds. Used to ditch cops up there and spends hours upon hours mastering the 100s of miles of twisties....Oh how I miss the canyons of Los Angeles.

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
His garage inspired my future man cave.

Sponsored

Demonic

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Austin
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
Amazing vids, thanks for posting.

I'd give the guy the benefit of the doubt since he probably knows that car like the back of his hand. I know I could never pull off what he did.

snaproll

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
350R/88LX/FR500S
I expected a lot more sawing at the wheel yellowbird style. That car is too well sorted out!