Sponsored

2019 GT350 Upgrades: Tech, Aerodynamics and Other GT500 Track Improvements

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I only test drove a 2SS because the 1LE models weren't out yet. The ergonomics didn't fit me (poor visibility).

Comes with tow hooks, tranny/oil/diff coolers, data recorder, all for $45k. Seems like a good value.

One fatal flaw, can't get a helmet through the window...
I've driven the non 1LE Camaro as well. Putting aside the crappy visibility - otherwise it was fine; it just didn't inspire me like the GT350 does. I'm a cheap guy, and I feel lucky that I bought a GT350 before the latest 1LE came out. Otherwise I might have ended up with a 1LE, because it has decent performance numbers and it's cheaper than the GT350.

I have. Drove a regular GT350 and an SS1LE at Roebling Road in Bloomingdale, Georgia. The two were near identical in similar modes. Tires between the two were a wash. The 1LE had more low end grunt but petered out early and the GT350 kept on revving. Huge advantage at the end of the front straight as the 1LE went 3rd, 4th, and a quick shift to 5th before braking hard. The GT350 only needed 3rd and 4th for the entire course. I was able to hit 144mph in the GT350 and only about 141mph in the 1LE on that same straight.

Too bad it's a Camaro. The PDR, rev matching, tow hook, and rear mounted battery are things the GT350 should have as well at the very least.
Thanks for the info. I agree some of the features on the 1LE sound good. And I've noticed as well how big an advantage the gearing and wide power band on the GT350 can be on the track.
Sponsored

garagelogic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 LX 5.0 Coupe-Coyote Swapped
Vehicle Showcase
Currently shopping Ford/GM HPDE options:

2019 GT350 faster than the 2019 1SS 1LE?
The 2018 seem to be close(except price).

Can the 2019 GT350 beat the 2019 ZL1 1LE?

Will Ford release a PDR like the GM product?

I really prefer the Mustang styling, but the stock 2 piece brakes, PDR, camber plates, electronic limited slip diff, mag ride, etc are all ready to go stock on 1SS 1LE. Just got a quote at 39k otd on one. What to do? Get both?
Which is faster depends on how well you can drive.

firestarter2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RR G350 Track

I really prefer the Mustang styling, but the stock 2 piece brakes, PDR, camber plates, electronic limited slip diff, mag ride, etc are all ready to go stock on 1SS 1LE. Just got a quote at 39k otd on one. What to do? Get both?
The difference will be the driver(or the tires). At 39K you are talking a 20k difference if you are even considering the 1SS id go that route.

Eritas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT

In terms of lap time:

SS1LE < GT Performance Package 2 < pre-2019 GT350 < 2019 GT350 < GT350R < ZL1 1LE

Sponsored

oldbmwfan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
Why are we debating Camaro's in this forum? No one cares!
Some people don't care much for brand loyalties/ fanboy-ism and buy what they like. I've been almost exclusively a BMW driver for nearly 25 years, until the Fiesta ST became the most fun economy car you could buy and the GT350R became a much better performance deal than an M4. So here I am today, two Fords, two BMWs, and one Audi (the wife's) in the fleet. If Chevy made a car that suited my needs and wants more than a Ford, I'd be at the Chevy store tomorrow. For people who like CARS, and not just cars with a specific badge on them, it's useful to hear comparisons from those who have experiences across brands.

Plus, talking about cars is fun.

Bender

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 LB GT350R HR909, 22 AB GT500 CFTP
Interesting to see painted stripes are an option. Vinyl still appears standard. Probably gonna be a 2500-3000$ option. Hopefully they can line all the panels up so the stripes are lined up too.

Really going to see if I can get a wrapped center console. I want to see the new instrument applique too. Along with seeing if I can do updated programming as myself and others mentioned previously

sigintel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
In terms of lap time:

SS1LE < GT Performance Package 2 < pre-2019 GT350 < 2019 GT350 < GT350R < ZL1 1LE
GT PP2 is faster than SS 1LE ?
How?

1SS 1LE:
2 piece, 6 piston front, 4 piston rear brakes
285/305 rubber on forged 20" wheels
200# less weight

GTPP2:
1 piece front, no 4 piston rears
305/305

No diff and trans coolers on PP2, so if you track down south.. ugh..

Because great car and delivers a ton of track performance for the $. And it's a Mustang competitor.
Exactly, its the 3600 pound camaro in the room.:doh:
It turns laps way faster than the 800 pound elephant and is not far from the GT350 in performance at $20k less.

Drive a 1SS 1LE on track. They are freakn impressive.

Ugly hardbody, or cute softy. Epic decision... (talking cars not chicks... or something..)

Sponsored

TheDeadCow

Just some guy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Hot Rod
Vehicle Showcase
Performance difference between 1LE & PP2 is pretty marginal. Unless you're a really consistent driver, you may not be able to tell the difference.

Tflong24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
Some people don't care much for brand loyalties/ fanboy-ism and buy what they like. I've been almost exclusively a BMW driver for nearly 25 years, until the Fiesta ST became the most fun economy car you could buy and the GT350R became a much better performance deal than an M4. So here I am today, two Fords, two BMWs, and one Audi (the wife's) in the fleet. If Chevy made a car that suited my needs and wants more than a Ford, I'd be at the Chevy store tomorrow. For people who like CARS, and not just cars with a specific badge on them, it's useful to hear comparisons from those who have experiences across brands.

Omg, well said. I have owned about everything. If a company offers something that intrigues me and is a genuine performer who cares the brand. If you are stuck on brands in this day, you will miss a ton of amazing cars. Simply put the current Camaro platform has the mustang beat at almost each level. Ford has been playing catch up since GM started using mag shocks. In terms of value the grand sport and ZL1 are hard to beat. It is what it is. This coming from a very happy R owner.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro

Agree to a point, but there is a versus forum for that conversation and some people come here just to talk crap. I know I contributed to the versus conversation and I am interested in the comparison. I only want to hear about the comparison from people who actually know something, though, not internet shit talkers.

I think if you are going to lie about the car you own and come on a forum just to give people crap about what car they chose to buy - you deserve a little push back.

_M_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A Mustang
Because great car and delivers a ton of track performance for the $. And it's a Mustang competitor.
And still no one is buying them. Ok, a few people...

Hi-PO Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Shelby GT500
I have been hoping for years Ford would mount the battery in the trunk , but the Ford engineers don't deliver. The engine compartment has to be one of the hottest places for a battery. Need to get weight off front.
Sponsored