Automatic COTUS Checker

krishelnino

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Krishna
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium MT82 Race Red
Mine changed to production today as well, finally !!

Kevin08

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
19GT
Another Window Sticker Updated e-mail...

From what I can tell, there hasn't actually been any changes to the window sticker each time this has happened (5 or 6 times now). It just looks like, to me, they batch process all window stickers every X days and the files get re-published. Has anyone actually noticed any info on the window sticker change? If not, I would probably omit these instances from triggering notifications - they are merely cock teases of actual progress.

Krman68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 GT350, 68 GT500KR
I had the same. Got notified a few times that my window sticker changed and it didn’t. Now I have also gotten updates that my status changed but it didn’t. I am speculating that there are other production stages that COTUS doesn’t track but the system updates and we get a notice.

Got word another poster who’s car has the same blend date as mine but 290 units ahead went down the line last week. Our blend dates were yesterday. So I assume my car has been built.

He checkedwith his dealer who told him his carwent down the assembly line already but the system reflected that his car was in ‘Body’. Anyone have any idea what that means?

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ruben
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
I ordered mine December 13 and have no VIN. I've checked COTUS with my order number, dealer code and last name but get told its incorrect. Talked to the dealership and they were able to pull it up, I got a glance at the screen stating "in order processing" since 1/8. It's 2/20 and I have no VIN, cant check COTUS and dont have any news on my vehicle. UGGGGGHHH.

Sponsored

OP
OP
DukeGaGa

DukeGaGa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium PP
So for the window sticker update emails, if it says changed it changed, but not necessarily something you can see on the PDF file, I'll go a bit technical here to explain. A PDF file is not like a text file, that means I can't process the information inside there without using OCR (Optical Character Recognition), it's similar to processing image and being able to read the text in the image. Anyway, the problem with those are: 1. inconsistent, image might look the same to human eyes but the computer doesn't think so, even the smallest change in color or pattern will make the text readout different, 2. it is really really slow to process. So the way I'm doing it is just check the HASH of the file, if you don't know what HASH is just google it and you'll understand, but basically it's a unique string of random characters that identifies a file, if the HASHs are the same, that means the files are the same and vise versa.

P.S. normally when the window sticker gets updated it means that your order either finished production (from in production) and got a new blend date, got delayed for reason and the window sticker system generated a new one and put a new generation date at the bottom of the window sticker. For example, mine changed from 12/13/2017 when it was released to 12/20/2017 when it finished production. And in some other cases I've seen if the car has been in the status of awaiting shipment, it changes the date as well. And remember this is not the BLEND date, it's the date the window sticker is generated (at the bottom left).

Matco

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 2018 Mustang GT 1996 Ford Bronco
How long does it usually take for cars to show up in Cotus?

OP
OP
DukeGaGa

DukeGaGa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If you are not the ones that ordered before the OKTB, then about a month or so from what I see (my friend ordered one 1/16/18 and got his VIN 2/15/18).

OP
OP
DukeGaGa

DukeGaGa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Another Window Sticker Updated e-mail...

From what I can tell, there hasn't actually been any changes to the window sticker each time this has happened (5 or 6 times now). It just looks like, to me, they batch process all window stickers every X days and the files get re-published. Has anyone actually noticed any info on the window sticker change? If not, I would probably omit these instances from triggering notifications - they are merely cock teases of actual progress.
Not sure if this is yours, but I just checked a VIN ends with 40581, and every time the window sticker got updated it has a different date at the bottom, didn't look at the order info but I think changed dates count as updated. :D

Matco

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
If you are not the ones that ordered before the OKTB, then about a month or so from what I see (my friend ordered one 1/16/18 and got his VIN 2/15/18).
OKTB :confused: I ordered mine 2/17 got my order number today

Sponsored

MDR_Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Lightning Blue Ecoboost Premium
Mine took a week. 2/7/18 order date, VIN showed up 2/15/18. It seems like a lot of cars all got VINs last week, including people who ordered in December. Maybe yours will show up this Thursday? :D

Kevin08

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
19GT
Not sure if this is yours, but I just checked a VIN ends with 40581, and every time the window sticker got updated it has a different date at the bottom, didn't look at the order info but I think changed dates count as updated. :D
Not mine. My window sticker updated today but the date still reads 2/14, where's your god now? :ninja:

OP
OP
DukeGaGa

DukeGaGa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OKTB :confused: I ordered mine 2/17 got my order number today
OKTB = OKay To Buy
It's issued after the first batch of stock orders have passing QC, meaning retail orders will start production.

Matco

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Gotcha, Well I just entered my info into your fancy checker, Thanks for setting this up by the way its pretty trick!

WattsND

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 V6, 2018 GT Premium
Got my first update from the checker today. Ordered on 2/17 and got a VIN today.
Sponsored