Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Premium GT Poverty Snack
  • Banned
When you turn your car on, key in your pocket and you walk away? Shit's so annoying. I wish ford would have used a different alert tone other than the horn. Hell, my 2007 maxima with similar technology has a subtle beeping sound.
Sponsored

foghat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT w/PP
It sucks and there is no way to turn it off. Which also sucks. If the situation allows, I just don't close the door until 'locks' shut.

jmr061

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Explorer Sport
I figured out how to do it with programming. I have done it to my 16 Explorer. The 15+ Mustang has the same programming platform.

Pnasty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS Ruby
this would be great. usually the whole reason i leave it running is to avoid the startup noise

Sponsored

ScottsGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, DIB

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
When you turn your car on, key in your pocket and you walk away? Shit's so annoying. I wish ford would have used a different alert tone other than the horn. Hell, my 2007 maxima with similar technology has a subtle beeping sound.
They don't want some old fogy to forget to turn off the engine in the garage and get killed from carbon monoxide. :D Just leave the key inside the car if you plan on getting in/out while it's running.

Sponsored

Clink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Focus
If you take the key out of your pocket, and hold it up towards the top back part of the window it won't honk.

RoadDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Clink is spot on...
What I do is take the key as I exit the car and hold it by the upper rear corner of the drivers door glass (by the quarter window) and close the door and move the key away from the car fairly quickly at the same time - stuff it in my pocket and walk away.. No honking..
Def will try to reprogram....

jmr061

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Explorer Sport
This is me doing the process to my Explorer. I need one test subject with a 15+ Mustang that has direct access to IDS or would like to come visit me in Central Wisconsin for testing. Thanks

doulos4jc

......looking^
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Turbo Mustang
If you take the key out of your pocket, and hold it up towards the top back part of the window it won't honk.
This. I hold fob anywhere on rear quarter window.

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2023 F150 Raptor
Vehicle Showcase
This is outstanding, thank you for your work in this matter as this drived me NUTS lol.

I currently own a 2015 Mustang and 2015 F150 and my wife owns a 2015 Explorer so my question is can the one file I purchase work on all 3 cars? I am aware that each car will need IDS access which will cost per car, I am just wondering if a single file will show my local ford connection how to do this on each vehicle or will I need to purchase one for each?

I see there is a VIN required when purchasing so I am guessing I will need to purchase 3 separate files but I was just wondering.

Thanks,

Jaime
Sponsored