Sponsored

Mods vs. LE value

rusrec00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 50th LE Kona Manual #1155
Im a proud owner of 1155, and was wondering what everyones thoughts are here about modding these rare cars. Ive never owned a Limited Edition car before and dont really know how much value to place in that. I want to mod the car but am concerned I may be ruining a piece of history or significantly impacting its future value. Some things on my list are:

Headers and catback (I dont think this is a big concern)

Im not a fan of chrome so I was thinking of dipping or wrapping the grill chrome (I assume this can be peeled off later and be fine)

Supercharging (I assume I have to remove the front stabilizer bar and am actually concerned about its impact to handling)

I want a functioning hood scoop (I have seen a couple out there I like although Im not overly impressed with any but want one anyway and will keep the original hood intact in the garage)

And finally I dont like the faux gas cap and want to remove it (if I remove it and keep it I assume I can always put it back on later if I sell it)

Do any of you think Im doing irreversible damage to the car with these mods?
Sponsored

SVTFreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Wimbledon white LE #275 A6
As long as you do it right, nothing is irreversible

As far as value, it'll be worth a small premium over a gt forever but it won't garner any real value until 75th and probably more so, 100th anniversary. That's my guess. So I say have a blast and enjoy it.

FAST FRED

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
2020 F-150 ROUSH,2019 GT350R,2021 GT500
Mod away,
I did . These cars will not be worth too much more over a GT.
Mustang GT with Wheels..JPG

MKW

2015 LE 50TH Kona Blue
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 LE 50TH Mustang Kona Blue #320 6 speed
I think the LE is a special Mustang and will be in the future.

jared89

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt pp
Mod away,
I did . These cars will not be worth too much more over a GT.
+1 make it your, what you want. I have a feelng anyone that bought these as investments are gonna be butt hurt.

Sponsored

Voo Doo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ric
Vehicle(s)
2019 BULLITT DHG
Unique.....yes they are !! Valuable or future collectable....no they're not ! Marginally better resale over loaded GT maybe????

MKW

2015 LE 50TH Kona Blue
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 LE 50TH Mustang Kona Blue #320 6 speed
These are collectible cars. They are the only 2015 Mustang numbered and they are 50th anniversary Mustang. These are not the 50th anniversary package. Most people talking about the LE Mustang do not have one.

Voo Doo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ric
Vehicle(s)
2019 BULLITT DHG
Unique.....yes they are !! Valuable or future collectable....no they're not ! Marginally better resale over loaded GT maybe????

Voo Doo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ric
Vehicle(s)
2019 BULLITT DHG

Voo Doo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ric
Vehicle(s)
2019 BULLITT DHG

Sponsored
OP
OP
rusrec00

rusrec00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for everyones input.

Im well aware that these arent ultra rare and highly valuable, please dont misunderstand what Im asking. I didn't buy it as an investment at all. I bought it because it was unique and the same price as the '16 I was looking at.

But there is value in the limited numbers regardless of the fact that current prices are down to dump '15s off the lots for new models, and someday if I resale Id like to get whatever that number is, even if its just a few K.

What Im asking, if I could be more direct is, are any of my listed mods going to irreversible changes should I decide to resale later?

Im thinking with the exception of the Supercharger most things are bolt ons or can be returned back to original condition. If I S/C I figure thats pretty much going to change it forever.

KB894

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT LE # 894 - Kona Blue - Auto
If it is valuable someday I presume the fewer mods the better. So to hedge your bet keep mods cosmetic and keep original equipment. mod it. Drive it. Enjoy it because it's fun!

Voo Doo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ric
Vehicle(s)
2019 BULLITT DHG
do what you want to do and keep all "take-off" parts.... you will not make anything on your investment with these cars unless they are still in plastic and are sold 50 yrs from now!!!

OP
OP
rusrec00

rusrec00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
do what you want to do and keep all "take-off" parts.... you will not make anything on your investment with these cars unless they are still in plastic and are sold 50 yrs from now!!!
Thanks again for everyone's input, I was actually kinda thinking this same thing. Plus I didn't buy it to be a garage queen either, so I guess I was just looking for validation that to let go of that limited idea and just roll with it. Hopefully you'll all be reading my posts next year this time from the FI forums. peace!:headbang:

SVTFreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Wimbledon white LE #275 A6
Thanks again for everyone's input, I was actually kinda thinking this same thing. Plus I didn't buy it to be a garage queen either, so I guess I was just looking for validation that to let go of that limited idea and just roll with it. Hopefully you'll all be reading my posts next year this time from the FI forums. peace!:headbang:

Do it. It's worth nothing if you don't enjoy it. Be it modding or keeping it stock and protected in a bubble, it's your car and your hobby. And only you have to answer for what you do. Fwiw, a supercharged LE would be a thing of beauty to me (I intend to do mine in the spring after I finish up my cobra project car).
Sponsored