cjgt350

Adrenaline Junkie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 F250 Platinum 2016 GT350 TP
The CF wheels are 18.36Lbs each.

The GTPP Wheels are a smidgen over 30Ls each

A good set of equivalent sized Forged Aluminum Wheels come in between 22.5 to 25 Lbs each.

With good rubber on them..... You'll close the Gap on the "R" very quickly.

If Tire Rack can do a test of a rubber swap using Randy Probst as the baseline for test driving..... Between a Porshe 911S and then a Toyota Prius with top shelf rubber and pull the same G's with a simple tire swap and no other changes to the suspension ....

then a tire and wheel swap on a GT350 will definitely change things to chase down an "R". If it's then a driver's race. Then it can go either way once that variable is addressed.

It will certainly help or close the gap if you will but still won't match or be as close as you believe. The chassis tuning and spring rates are all tuned to the CF wheels and lower rotational mass as well. Even 4-7lbs of rotational mass at each corner is a noticeable "seat of the pants" difference. You just have to concede their is more difference in the R than you have given credit for. I know you have been a proponent of "why spend the money for a R when you can just throw some parts on and nearly match the performance." But I also know that I or any reviewer won't convince you otherwise. :cheers:
Sponsored

Bossing

attacks tracks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just can't get enuff!
When more news come out and as long as the calipers will clear, I'm thinking of a set of Forgestar CF5's for example... for track use since the 19's weigh < 24 lbs each. Then I'll save the stock wheels for street use.

Cruzinaround

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350, 2011 GT Premium, 2012 BMW M3, Etc Etc
It will certainly help or close the gap if you will but still won't match or be as close as you believe. The chassis tuning and spring rates are all tuned to the CF wheels and lower rotational mass as well. Even 4-7lbs of rotational mass at each corner is a noticeable "seat of the pants" difference. You just have to concede their is more difference in the R than you have given credit for. I know you have been a proponent of "why spend the money for a R when you can just throw some parts on and nearly match the performance." But I also know that I or any reviewer won't convince you otherwise. :cheers:
Aside from the end links on the rear sway bar, and the front spring rates on the coils overs....

The cars are the same.

Same power plant... same everything. So... throw out some weight in the form of rear seats... passenger seat, floor mats, and even ditch the resonators.

Now let's bring back that GT350R and try again.

I know the that tires are a game changer. At most the end result will be perhaps slightly more wear on the GT350 tires as compensation for the slight differences in the suspension. Also a gap that can be closed with.... a tune adjustment for those computer controlled dampers. Possible a slightly more aggressive mode for the GT350 as balance for the slightly different End link on the rear sway bar and 48lbs/in. of rate in the front coil springs.

Then its game on.

If you account for less downforce on the GT350....then the things will get interesting in the straights where the speeds can exceed 100MPH. My guess is the GT350 will catch the the "R". And in the corners...the tires will make up the difference.

cjgt350

Adrenaline Junkie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Right on cue^^^^^Did I call it or what?:lol: Good luck with all that.

Now back to topic....

Cruzinaround

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350, 2011 GT Premium, 2012 BMW M3, Etc Etc
Right on cue^^^^^Did I call it or what?:lol: Good luck with all that.

Now back to topic....
Hey now.... That's what the track is for. My daddy always said if you have something to prove...that's where its done. So your "R" is welcome to prove to a GT350 anything you want.

All in good fun of course.

As far as topic...Did you happen to count how many threads are on here about the same topic. Its to the point where all of them stray. Which says a lot about the topic. Wouldn't be so much easier to simply reply with a list of the links to all those other threads????

Sponsored

FPCV8YO

Rode Hard & Put Away Wet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 350Z GT Roadster
Team Ford Lincoln - Las Vegas.
Mike Lambert - sales.
6 wks ago their deal was 25k. 10K deposit. Wht. + blue stripes + elect. opt.
Who in their right mind would go for that deal ?! It could still be available, maybe at a real world price. Worth a call ?
Good Luck !
6 weeks later, no change. It's still $25k ADM.

krt22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
And it wont, regardless of how awesome the car is,a big part of that equation is the value proposition and 25k ADM is just too much.

FPCV8YO

Rode Hard & Put Away Wet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 350Z GT Roadster
And it wont, regardless of how awesome the car is,a big part of that equation is the value proposition and 25k ADM is just too much.
I think that those buyers already have deals. We'll see. I'm still trying to be patient.

FPCV8YO

Rode Hard & Put Away Wet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 350Z GT Roadster

Sponsored

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
I thought that all the GT350R cars for the first production year were completely sold out already? Is this true?

krt22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
The MY15s yes, but those were extremely limited (37 total). I bet there are still some unsold MY16 GT350Rs, mainly at dealers with huge ADMs

scungilio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
stang
6 weeks later, no change. It's still $25k ADM.
They have absolutely no reason to change this price as they are looking to rear end some one who is either the village idiot of all time or some kid with a trust fund that has come to its release date. Nobody has any cars yet so why would they change anything. Prices like this are as stupid as the posts about how the Porsche/BMW faithful will be jumping ship in mass to buy Mustangs now that this offering is becoming available. Ridiculous nonsense but always how it goes at this stage of new SE Mustangs sales run. Makes for some great entertainment. $25,000 premium indeed.

5.0 435

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
.07 Shelby SGT #0016 ...18 GT PP1 manual
They have absolutely no reason to change this price as they are looking to rear end some one who is either the village idiot of all time or some kid with a trust fund that has come to its release date. Nobody has any cars yet so why would they change anything. Prices like this are as stupid as the posts about how the Porsche/BMW faithful will be jumping ship in mass to buy Mustangs now that this offering is becoming available. Ridiculous nonsense but always how it goes at this stage of new SE Mustangs sales run. Makes for some great entertainment. $25,000 premium indeed.
:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:just like 2007 all over again.

cjgt350

Adrenaline Junkie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Prices like this are as stupid as the posts about how the Porsche/BMW faithful will be jumping ship in mass to buy Mustangs now that this offering is becoming available. Ridiculous nonsense but always how it goes at this stage of new SE Mustangs sales run. Makes for some great entertainment. $25,000 premium indeed.
15 post count....:lol: and you make a statement using words never used by anyone but you like "faithful" or "mass" to make your point sound legit. Well it is not the facts. Hang around a bit and you will see about 30 forum members that are moving out of P-Cars or BMW's. The GT350 with its track performance has a market draw that goes beyond any previous SE Mustang. It is all the talk amongst my SCCA and autocross club. Guess what most are driving...hint they are not Mustangs. That and this forum is a pretty good market sampling for the GT350 demand reach that goes beyond the Mustang owners of past.

2007 all over again...yeah right. Now that is funny!
Sponsored