Silver Shadow
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A couple...
Vehicle Showcase
hello guys,

great news:hail:

my dealer just called me, my red racing (CL) reaches the end of the week and recovers early next week.:thumbsup:
yay finally relieved, I can go on holiday with :cheers:
Super ! You'll just need a couple of extra hours to mount your lower grill part :D and up you go to St-Tropez !!

Enjoy!
Sponsored

Gryphon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
I might have just done an incredibly stupid thing, but here it is.

I wrote a very angry letter to Ford, basically outlining the differences in ordering a 10 dollar watch online, and a 40000 dollar car from them. The ten dollar watch included features like an email confirming your order, the ability to see your order status online, to track your shipment, and so on, whereas Ford take your contract, and give you no updates, no order number, no tracking number and make you feel like crap for asking what _year_ you're going to get your car.

Ford responded by basically sharing this letter to my dealer, and implying that he hadn't been doing his job. I got a really terse reply from him stating my order number, which now at least I finally have.

It just seems that I got so frustrated that I managed in one fell swoop to alienate both Ford, and my dealership, and of course, that is a colossally bad idea. I just didn't know what to do, I was so sick of 'I don't knows' and 'I don't have any information for you's and wanted to know if I had actually bought a car or not.

Recently I've stopped telling people I've got one on order and have sort of stopped getting my hopes up. I've even started looking at other cars, because for me, it's like the Mustang never happened. I've never had such a poor experience when buying a car, and it's such a shame that you have to feel that you get dragged through the dirt for the privilege of spending 40 grand...

Rant over.

Anyone else been in this situation?

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
Mustang EcoBoost MT Race Red EURO - NO MORE
Gryphon, in my opinion you did the right thing. Basically it's true that the dealer has not did his job well, and now Ford knows it. I am fed up of these type of dealers!
Mine is pratically the same. I keep in contact with him by email, and since january I wrote him dozens of email sharing all the info I got from here and asking info about my car.
He replies me about two or three times, one telling me a wrong VIN.
In the last month I sent four email and have received only a reply: "tomorrow I'll check and reply to you". This was on 24th of july...

smidra

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EB PP / 2011 Focus EB Titanium
I might have just done an incredibly stupid thing, but here it is.

I wrote a very angry letter to Ford, basically outlining the differences in ordering a 10 dollar watch online, and a 40000 dollar car from them. The ten dollar watch included features like an email confirming your order, the ability to see your order status online, to track your shipment, and so on, whereas Ford take your contract, and give you no updates, no order number, no tracking number and make you feel like crap for asking what _year_ you're going to get your car.

Ford responded by basically sharing this letter to my dealer, and implying that he hadn't been doing his job. I got a really terse reply from him stating my order number, which now at least I finally have.

It just seems that I got so frustrated that I managed in one fell swoop to alienate both Ford, and my dealership, and of course, that is a colossally bad idea. I just didn't know what to do, I was so sick of 'I don't knows' and 'I don't have any information for you's and wanted to know if I had actually bought a car or not.

Recently I've stopped telling people I've got one on order and have sort of stopped getting my hopes up. I've even started looking at other cars, because for me, it's like the Mustang never happened. I've never had such a poor experience when buying a car, and it's such a shame that you have to feel that you get dragged through the dirt for the privilege of spending 40 grand...

Rant over.

Anyone else been in this situation?
Thanks a lot for sharing this! I have been playing with the similar idea over the last days, Yet I did not write to Ford as I thought they will solve it by sharing to my dealer.

I have exactly the same experience - ordered in January amongst the first 10 customers in Czech, car maybe expected in September, other fellas already driving around. No info from dealer, every single thing I had to ask for, every single information I got from this forum and then came to my dealer saying - hey, what about this, I know my car is there and there, can you confirm? Not a single email from them with a new information, apologies, whatever.

I think you did the right thing. I mean, what were your other options? Sit and wait? They will be angry, yes, but I doubt they will do anything to take revenge, like delaying your car.

I think you have the right to stand up as a customer and tell them that they are a shitty dealer! I myself will do the same in the following weeks, I am now going on vacation and can't use the car anyway, but when I am back, I will share my disappointment if the car is not here.

Wish you all the best on the warpath! Let us know :)

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GTs
Hey Gryphon,

I wouldn't worry too much about your dealer. It's not like you're getting married to them or anything, it's just a business transaction and you have every right to be angry about the lack of information. By the time your car gets there and they need your money they will conveniently have forgotten about this.

Sponsored

RMS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ronny
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2015 EB, custom pack
hello guys,

great news:hail:

my dealer just called me, my red racing (CL) reaches the end of the week and recovers early next week.:thumbsup:
yay finally relieved, I can go on holiday with :cheers:
Congrats, good luck with your CL Mustang.... and have a nice holiday!
Just returned from my dealer, where I was inspecting the EB (non Custom Peck) delivered yesterday.
No alignment issues on this car (!), the plate holder up front is OK for me (!), rather pale red lights at the rear (spotted in the basement) that's a disappointment. Smokers package included, one cup holder in the center console.
In real live a great looking car, a head turner.

gojensen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Ecoboost 'vert
Mine is not built yet :( hope they don't fit a smokers package in it though!

R3v

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT MT & Recaro
My car was delayed as well, however at least my dealer is great. He's responding to every email on the same day, he's trying to hurry the transport from Bremerhaven and overall is really kind. I'm glad I didn't order in Slovakia coz that would be a whole different story.

NewMustangDE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrik
Vehicle(s)
EU Mustang GT Fastback/Auto/Ruby Red/PP/Alarm
I have a very interesting story with mine, that some of you may have seen already....

Ordered the car in March. Told delivery end May (by dealer), then end June, then 25/7, then 8/8, then 29/8. The car was actually made on 6/5 and has been stuck at the Emissions Plant since then!!! :frusty:

Knowing how long time it takes to bring the cars to Europe this car would not turn up until at least mid October!! No way I am waiting THAT long for a bl**dy Ford! :rant:

Wrote to Ford, copy dealer and a few others.

Long story short, dealer has together with Ford found me another car, exactly what I ordered actually, that arrived yesterday in Bremerhaven on the Ivory Arrow :clap2:

Hopefully in 2-3 weeks I will finally be in mine.

Gryphon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
Update on my situation:

Ford replied and now said my preliminary build date is September 14th. So, at least we have a date now. Maybe all that angry letter writing meant something.

The lady at Ford also promised me she would get back to me in September with an update as to whether the build date will be adhered to or if the build will be delayed. Promises! We'll see.

Cautiously optimistic again. I wasn't sure I'd even ordered a car, really.

Sponsored

gojensen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Ecoboost 'vert
Mine is built now!!! According to dealer it's waiting at FT for shipping to the docks... But i still can't find it in cotus?!?

NewMustangDE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrik
Vehicle(s)
EU Mustang GT Fastback/Auto/Ruby Red/PP/Alarm
Mine is built now!!! According to dealer it's waiting at FT for shipping to the docks... But i still can't find it in cotus?!?

COTUS needs time to update and sometimes its very difficult to log in + you cant trust that system....VISTA seems most accurate of the two.

gojensen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Ecoboost 'vert
Well I've been looking for nearly two weeks - I should've seen it there BEFORE its ready to leave Flat Rock right? I'm thinking maybe I got the wrong chassis number from the dealer... Though he's been very good for me so far...

Edit: had a look at ETIS and found my car with the vin given, tons of options etc. Looks like it's OK... Still nothing in COTUS (no vehicle found) :(

Two questions
1. What is a trend sales badge?
2. What is centre hub orn - horse and bar? (I thought ecoboost got the pony and the v6 had the bars?)

Last edited:

R3v

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT MT & Recaro
Well I've been looking for nearly two weeks - I should've seen it there BEFORE its ready to leave Flat Rock right? I'm thinking maybe I got the wrong chassis number from the dealer... Though he's been very good for me so far...

Edit: had a look at ETIS and found my car with the vin given, tons of options etc. Looks like it's OK... Still nothing in COTUS (no vehicle found) :(

Two questions
1. What is a trend sales badge?
2. What is centre hub orn - horse and bar? (I thought ecoboost got the pony and the v6 had the bars?)
Try different COTUS sites:
www.ordertracking.ford.com
www.cotus.ford.com
www.cotusb.ford.com
www.cotusa.ford.com
wwwqa.cotus.ford.com

gojensen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Ecoboost 'vert
Tried them all lol... Same answer...