Sponsored

New Mustang brochure with full specs coming soon

HybridGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT "Ecoboost"
Some of the rates are ridiculous. Up until you're 30 or something. Have you tried asking Just Car or Real Insurance?

I'm 28 now. But those are what I went with when I was your age. Insuring a modified evoX for a very reasonable rate.

Aus-MustangGT

Aus-350
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 WRX/Evo 8 ADM
Some of the rates are ridiculous. Up until you're 30 or something. Have you tried asking Just Car or Real Insurance?

I'm 28 now. But those are what I went with when I was your age. Insuring a modified evoX for a very reasonable rate.
There is an extra fee because I am under 25, I have received any quotes for the mustang the only thing they could liken it to is an M3/M4. I am budgetting for a large insurance figure and just ensure that the modifications I complete first up don't really go near the engine.

I had massive troubles with having a CAI installed on my cammed VE II SS go figure, they weren't going to insure me if I went from 19" rims to 20", so I just got wider 19" rims.

I'll check prices for all different insurance companies, how much hp was your Evo X putting down? they fly!

HybridGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT "Ecoboost"
Try asking those 2 insurers. I think you'll be surprised.

As I recall it was around 400+ when I first got it tuned etc.

Pretty sure it's a lot quicker to 100 then my mustang will be. But I'm sure that'll change soon. This car has a lot more potential haha...

G RUSH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 V8 GT
There is an extra fee because I am under 25, I have received any quotes for the mustang the only thing they could liken it to is an M3/M4. I am budgetting for a large insurance figure and just ensure that the modifications I complete first up don't really go near the engine.

I had massive troubles with having a CAI installed on my cammed VE II SS go figure, they weren't going to insure me if I went from 19" rims to 20", so I just got wider 19" rims.

I'll check prices for all different insurance companies, how much hp was your Evo X putting down? they fly!
M3/M4's are three times the price!!! That's poor form by the insurers.

Realistically, you should probably use the 370Z for comparison which is more expensive but -2 cylinders. So somewhere in the ballpark.

Either that or one of the base model FPV's.

Sponsored

HybridGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT "Ecoboost"
M3/M4's are three times the price!!! That's poor form by the insurers.

Realistically, you should probably use the 370Z for comparison which is more expensive but -2 cylinders. So somewhere in the ballpark.

Either that or one of the base model FPV's.
Agreed. They should go by the actual value of the car AND power. Similar priced FPV/HSV would be more accurate.

G RUSH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 V8 GT
Agreed. They should go by the actual value of the car AND power. Similar priced FPV/HSV would be more accurate.
Well! I've actually had a bit of a play and, being a 2 door V8 its probably in a different risk category to the FPV's, and the fact that it's an import.

SO, i've had a look see at insurance with RAC on a 2008 M3 which is roughly similar cost and whallah, $1350 for somebody our age.

I don't know why I thought it'd be much worse, but that's not too bad.

HybridGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT "Ecoboost"
Ok that's not too bad.

As I recall, Just Car quoted me like $900 - 1100 when I asked in February this year. They told me that's a rough estimate and they can give a proper amount when the car is here.

Would definitely be more once you factor in mods etc., though.

austang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Veloster Turbo
Having used just car for 5 years I can say they will definitely insure you for a lower premium compared to others. Especially for under 25s with modified car. I had a modded xr6 turbo pumping 330rwkw insured with them.

That being said I was lucky never needing to make a claim. That is what gets me nervous about thinking of Modding the mustang. Insurance companies will never visually inspect your car or mods before insuring you. However they can void your claim based on one very important clause. "We will insure all legal modifications ". That means whatever mods you have done it must be certified by an engineer to make it "legal ". I heard even changing exhausts will make your car unroadworthy as it won't pass emission testing.

Dont get me wrong I loved Modding the car but if I ever had a claim denied because of the mods then it would be a huge financial burden.

Keen to hear peoples stories with claims with insurance for modified cars.

HybridGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT "Ecoboost"

Sponsored

OzS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
GT Fastback
Don't get me wrong I loved modding the car but if I ever had a claim denied because of the mods then it would be a huge financial burden.

Keen to hear peoples stories with claims with insurance for modified cars.
Not a claim, but I've always had my modified cars insured with Shannons and have taken the cars to them so they could see the changes.

HybridGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT "Ecoboost"
Not a claim, but I've always had my modified cars insured with Shannons and have taken the cars to them so they could see the changes.
Excellent! Thanks OzS550.

I'll check them out and compare once I take delivery :cheers:

austang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Veloster Turbo
Its hard isnt it? All insurance companies sound good until they decide to deny a claim. I'm surprised Shannon's take time to inspect your car. Even if they did I would get it in writing they are happy to insure it. As they could fall back on "we are relying on your information that this is legal ". Legally an insurance company cant certify a car roadworthy. Not trying to scare anyone but these things always came to my mind. Dont want any of the enthusiasts to have any nightmare experiences.

HybridGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT "Ecoboost"
My car hasn't been 'roadworthy' for the past 4 years lol...

Never had a problem with inspections for rego. Haha...

Bobsp12

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
lots of Fords
At the viewing the mustang at my dealers on Tuesday night, they had new brochures that were printed in June 15.
The amount of errors and mixed information in it makes it useless as regards final specs.
A couple of examples being it shows the rear of the car with clear taillights in all pics, but some of them have the faux fuel cap with the gt emblem in it and some with the gt badge like the USA style.
Inside the first few pages it lists the hp and tq figures and states that is with 95 ron fuel, and then at the back it lists the same figures, this time stating it is using 98 for the v8 and 91 for the turbo.
It lists the illuminated scuff plates as an accessory and then lists them as standard in the specs page. The pony logo wheel centre hub caps are listed as an accessory, but they are standard on every model in the USA and are shown in every pic.
Two spoiler types are listed as accessories, the usual lip spoiler and a raised blade style spoiler as well. The other accessories are just cargo nets and coin holders.
All the front shots show the smaller base model type front splitter fitted.
Sponsored