Sponsored

Great driving Roads in the East coast...

Alejandro_v6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 v6
So I live in Westchester county NY, I am waiting for my 2015 v6 to be delivered. I know that once I get it I'll be on the road a lot! I like driving on the Garden State Pkwy, New Jersey Turnpike S.

Any one know any great roads in the Tri State area?
Sponsored

Farmundeh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic 2015 GT Premium
Sub'ed.

Dannyho

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium PP DIB
head up the Taconic Parkway north of I84, especially in the fall, and any of the back roads up there. A great drive, and not many cars.
BMW has an app for phones that is a user populated driving roads database. Last time I used it the app left a lot to be desired, but worked well enough to plan a weekend drive.

Mustang8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
Anyone know of any good/great roads in Florida? The one one I know of is US-1 on the way to Key West. None of the other roads here seem to be fun to drive on or particularly scenic.

OP
OP

Alejandro_v6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 v6
Thanks! And what is the app called?

head up the Taconic Parkway north of I84, especially in the fall, and any of the back roads up there. A great drive, and not many cars.
BMW has an app for phones that is a user populated driving roads database. Last time I used it the app left a lot to be desired, but worked well enough to plan a weekend drive.

Sponsored

Chameleon

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ebay.com
Vehicle(s)
03' Cobra, 05' GT, 13' GT, 15' GT
A bit further from you but I want to try Pennsylvania State Route 125

blkandgud

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT Premium
The DC Metro area (like 395/495) is great for driving and known for its twisty roads! Especially in the morning and evening hours!

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I care about infotainment
So I live in Westchester county NY, I am waiting for my 2015 v6 to be delivered. I know that once I get it I'll be on the road a lot! I like driving on the Garden State Pkwy, New Jersey Turnpike S.

The Belt Parkway can actually be pretty damn fun if you drive it at the right time, light traffic days/times - assuming the winter potholes have been paved over. If you really want like mountain driving though you'd obviously have to go further upstate

Anyone know of any good/great roads in Florida? The one one I know of is US-1 on the way to Key West. None of the other roads here seem to be fun to drive on or particularly scenic.
Weather/climate wise I can't complain about now living in FL but the lack of mountains and hills is kind of depressing imho. The road down here are generally well paved at least, but still pretty boring drives overall. US1 is pretty much the only bright spot that I know of.

Ugly John

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
Ruby Red GT PP

I-10 from Jacksonville to Pensacola is gorgeous! And you can play a couple games with your kids - either "Spot the Pine Tree" or "Let's See How Far This Straightway Goes Without a Curve or Hill".

The first game is pretty easy since that's all that's frickin' there is for 362 frickin' miles.

The 2nd is a bit tougher. My best attempt so far is 7.2 miles dead straight with not so much as a slight hill over a ditch.

Not much in Florida for fun scenic roads.

Qel Hoth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost Premium Ruby Red (on order)

You like driving the Parkway and Turnpike? Those are pretty much the opposite of good driving roads, wide, flat interstates with extremely gentle turns and hills. Plus the traffic...

NY 97 out of Port Jervis is good, PA 125, some parts of 611 (near the water gap), and a lot of roads in the mountains of NEPA, NW NJ, and that area of NY are good. Hopefully US9W in NY is good, it looks interesting and I plan on taking that up to Montreal instead of 87 in a few weeks.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Alejandro_v6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 v6
I know what you mean but I meant to say those roads but almost hitting Delaware, pretty good straight roads where you can open it up. But im gonna have to check your roads! When are you taking the trip in NY? Ill take it with you brother!

You like driving the Parkway and Turnpike? Those are pretty much the opposite of good driving roads, wide, flat interstates with extremely gentle turns and hills. Plus the traffic...

NY 97 out of Port Jervis is good, PA 125, some parts of 611 (near the water gap), and a lot of roads in the mountains of NEPA, NW NJ, and that area of NY are good. Hopefully US9W in NY is good, it looks interesting and I plan on taking that up to Montreal instead of 87 in a few weeks.

EcoSwag1990

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Triple Yellow GT
For high cop visibility, flat surface and minimal turns you can't beat these ;)

1) Route 1 between PA and Maryland
2) 495 between delaware and Philly

OP
OP

Alejandro_v6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 v6
Ive done the 495 and i agree with you! great road! very little cops if any.

For high cop visibility, flat surface and minimal turns you can't beat these ;)

1) Route 1 between PA and Maryland
2) 495 between delaware and Philly

Brownw01

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Walter
Vehicle(s)
15 EB PP Guard
Take the Hutch north and drive the Merritt Parkway up to the Sikorsky Bridge. Just not between commuting hours.. Parking lot.

Really fun road!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sponsored