Sponsored

Dealer Trying to Renig on X-Plan

Sithel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Almost sounds like the dealer has a another buyer for your car and can make more money selling to that person, so they pulling this scum bag move on saying if you wan the car this bad then you'll pay more money.
Sponsored

OP
OP
akfinfan

akfinfan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT w/Perf Pack, 2005 Dodge Ram 1500
Yeah I am not happy right now! I hope to have it squared away tomorrow!

emeraldprincess

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15' Ecoboost, 13' FRS, 2008 FJ Crusier
Maybe you can talk to the manager. Sucks, they're acting shady, hope it works out for you.

unintelligible

V1, VR, Gear Up!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT Premium
Sorry man, but in one of your earlier posts you were explaining that your dealer didn't submit your order as x-plan because that's just the way they do things, I tried to explain to you that wasn't normal. Clearly they did it because they intended to screw you. You have to use your due diligence with dealers... this is why browsing forums and understanding the actual process before buying really helps.

I hope it works out for you... but unless you have something in writing that says they intended to sell you the vehicle at x-plan price, you may be out of luck. :(

OP
OP
akfinfan

akfinfan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sorry man, but in one of your earlier posts you were explaining that your dealer didn't submit your order as x-plan because that's just the way they do things, I tried to explain to you that wasn't normal. Clearly they did it because they intended to screw you. You have to use your due diligence with dealers... this is why browsing forums and understanding the actual process before buying really helps.

I hope it works out for you... but unless you have something in writing that says they intended to sell you the vehicle at x-plan price, you may be out of luck. :(
I talked to Ford Partner Corporate. I do have a leg to stand on as they stand "they can't pick and choose when to honor XPLAN". They are either a dealership that honors XPLAN or the are not. If the vehicle is eligible under the program and the accept XPLAN they have no choice but to honor it, they can't just choose from day to day.

I do understand what you are saying about this not being the norm when I ordered, but several other people have orders done similarly on this board and it worked for them. The dealership I am dealing with is just shady!

Last edited:

Sponsored

cbrookre

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertible 50th app

unintelligible

V1, VR, Gear Up!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT Premium
I talked to Ford Partner Corporate. I do have a leg to stand on as they stand "they can't pick and choose when to honor XPLAN". They are either a dealership that honors XPLAN or the are not. If the vehicle is eligible under the program and the accept XPLAN they have no choice but to honor it, they can't just choose from day to day.

I do understand what you are saying about this not being the norm when I ordered, but several other people have orders done similarly on this board and it worked for them. The dealership I am dealing with is just shady!
Good point, I was reading the X-Plan details and it looks like you're right, the phrasing does seem to indicate participation is at an overall dealer level, not just for whenever and whomever they feel like honoring the plan. The car buying experience is just terrible because of crap like this. I'm pulling for Tesla to make a change in this industry.

Coaster

RallyNorthAmerica.com
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.imprtcl.com
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
'15 Fastback GT Guard
Good point, I was reading the X-Plan details and it looks like you're right, the phrasing does seem to indicate participation is at an overall dealer level, not just for whenever and whomever they feel like honoring the plan. The car buying experience is just terrible because of crap like this. I'm pulling for Tesla to make a change in this industry.
No kidding. I knew exactly what I wanted. Why am I not allowed to order it online directly and handle the finance part at my bank or a brokers office like a house closing.

The dealer I worked with was great, but also over an hour away and I drove past about 37 other Ford dealers to go there. So many of them are shady and even the ones that are decent still try to screw you with the up sell in the finance office.

GoBlues38

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, Premium, 3.55, 20" Foundry, 6 Spd
OP
OP
akfinfan

akfinfan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SO I went to look at my car today before I take delivery tomorrow and noticed there was a $5,000 Dealer markup on my SPECIAL ORDER car. I inquired about it and said I have X-Plan and he told me "Well that's dealer discretion" whether or not we will accept it.

I told him that I asked this question BEFORE I ordered the car if this dealership accepted XPLAN and they said they did, I just have to prove it with my PIN and Membership card. I paid the $500 NON-REFUNDABLE deposit December. Sales guy said "we will discuss it tomorrow when ou come in to pick it up."

What should I do here?? Needless to say I'm pretty pissed off.:mad:

*UPDATE*

Went back into day to pickup my car and discuss previous XPLAN agreement. Right away the salesman brought out paperwork and tried to pull that whole $5,000 dealer markup ON TOP OF MSRP. I told him no matter what I wasn't paying more than XPLAN as discussed 4 months ago. I told him that I talked to Ford Corporate(Which I did yesterday) and that they said they can't pull this crap after a car has been special ordered for you. He then told me "I could sell this car right now for $45K to anyone else." I said "You probably could, but not too me. We had an implied contract." He went on to say "I don't specifically recall talking to you about XPLAN when you ordered." After going back and forth for about 5 mins, I demanded to talk to the GM and after an hour of discussion, Marketing MGR came out and apologized profusely and told me "We don't do business like this." "We are going to make it right and honor the XPLAN as discussed 4 months ago AND we will give you an additional $500 rebate!"

Bottom Line, I held my ground, got what I wanted and walked away smiling! The beast in in my garage!:clap2:

Last edited:

Sponsored

wildsailor

This Club for me?
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost
*UPDATE*

Went back into day to pickup my car and discuss previous XPLAN agreement. Right away the salesman brought out paperwork and tried to pull that whole $5,000 dealer markup ON TOP OF MSRP. I told him no matter what I wasn't paying more than XPLAN as discussed 4 months ago. I told him that I talked to Ford Corporate(Which I did yesterday) and that they said they can't pull this crap after a car has been special ordered for you. He then told me "I could sell this car right now for $45K to anyone else." I said "You probably could, but not too me. We had on implied contract." He went on to say "I don't specifically recall talking to you about XPLAN when you ordered." After going back and forth for about 5 mins, I demanded to talk to the GM and after an hour of discussion, Marketing MGR came out and apologized profusely and told me "We don't do business like this." "We are going to make it right and honor the XPLAN as discussed 4 months ago AND we will give you an additional $500 rebate!"

Bottom Line, I held my ground, got what I wanted and walked away smiling! The beast in in my garage!:clap2:
Excellent story. Good job! Now sell that car for 45K and order another one! LOL... just kidding. :clap2:

emeraldprincess

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15' Ecoboost, 13' FRS, 2008 FJ Crusier
Awesome, glad for you!!! Now where are the pics :paddle:

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I care about infotainment
Very happy for you akfinfan. I'm glad you played hardball and got them to honor their word. Definitely post some pics of the new 'Stang.

Jeeden

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Late to the thread but glad it worked out. Just my own input...whenever people pull this stuff on me anywhere, not just at car dealerships I pull out my cell call corporate and say I'm standing there and here is what they are telling me, put on speaker phone. Places I have done this include best buy (price matching), AAA (said they didn't take amex for tickets), etc

shockin330i

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 TY
I work at a dealership, if you ever need anything let me know brother
Sponsored