2015 Ecoboost Base w/ Performance Package
CLICK HERE FOR CHARGE PIPING INFORMATION
CLICK HERE FOR CUSTOM TUNE INFORMATION
CLICK HERE FOR PART 1 OF INTERCOOLER DEVELOPMENT
CLICK HERE FOR INTERCOOLER RESULTS AND PRICING
CLICK HERE FOR INTERCOOLER AND TURBO KIT UPDATE
CLICK HERE FOR TURBO KIT DATA
CLICK HERE FOR INTERCOOLER, TURBO KIT, AND ENGINE BUILD UPDATES
CLICK HERE FOR INTERCOOLER PRE-ORDER INFORMATION!
CLICK HERE FOR TURBO KIT PRICING AND DYNO NUMBERS
CLICK HERE FOR OUR TURBO KIT STREET VIDEO!
CLICK HERE FOR CHARGE PIPING AND INTERCOOLER INSTALL VIDEO
CLICK HERE FOR PART 1 OF FUEL UPGRADE DEVELOPMENT

Hello Mustang Enthusiast,

After the insane amount of support we received from everybody here on the forum and the facebook groups, we decided to move forward with the development on "Phase 2" of our Ecoboost build. I'm going to go over the products we will be working on, and the goals we are shooting for. We would really appreciate your input during the R&D process, as we can on try to think of everything!

I will be keeping this post as up to date as possible. We are VERY busy with development and I personally am slammed trying to keep up with the demand for our products.

Here is a quick breakdown of Phase 2:

1. Intercooler
2. Charge Piping w/ BOV
3. Turbo Kit
4. Throttle Body Spacer w/ nozzle and boost tap provisions for meth injection.
5. Wheel Hop Eliminator Kit
6. Catch Can and Reservoir Combo
7. Custom tunes. 91, 93, E85
8. Engine Teardown, inspection, development.

Intercooler - We are going to be designing an intercooler the fits directly in place of the factory unit. We want to build something that will be effective for stock turbo EBM's, as well as anybody upgrading to our turbo kit or anybodies turbo kit for that matter. There is nothing worse than having to buy the same parts twice. We have cores already on the way, and should be able to update you pretty often during the R&D process.

Charge Piping w/ BOV - We are going to be doing versions out of aluminum and stainless to weigh the options of Pro's and Con's to make our decision. We are leaning heavily with Stainless as our intake is stainless and it can be done in 1 piece instead of multiple weld joints. Plus as you saw on our intake testing it out-performed Aluminum. Aluminum does dissipate heat faster than 304SS, but it also absorbs heat much faster than the steel. It will never dissipate the heat it absorbs, when it is constantly subjected to heat. If you were to do a dyno pull and shut the car off and wait for the car to cool down I'm sure the aluminum would cool down faster, but when is that going to benefit you? We would prefer to use a material that barriers the heat from the the air entering the engine. It will keep the overall IAT's down, which is our main focus. Lets not forget that stainless is more rigid and aluminum scratches/stains very easily.

Turbo Kit - Our goal here is to create a turbo kit that will utilize any upgrades a customer might of done to the car. By that I mean, if you buy an intake from us or even airaid you will be able to re-use it with our turbo (change of coupler size of course). If you have our downpipe, or anybody else's downpipe, you will be able to reuse it with our upgrade kit. We already have a test fit mold printed from our in-house 3d printer. The idea is to have it cast in stainless steel when it is done, very similar to our cast stainless steel EVO X manifolds found HERE. This will prevent it from rusting over time, and be able to withstand some serious heat! We hope to be able to make a kit that will support many turbo configurations so the customer will be able to use their preferred brand of turbos. However we are most likely going to be going with Precision for our complete kits.

Throttle Body Spacer - The intent of this product is to test if there are power gains to be had by just a throttle body spacer, but with an added benefit of provisions for extras. It will feature provisions on the outer edge of the spacer to allow you to install a nozzle for Meth injection. The second provision will be for a 1/8npt fitting to barb (if you choose) for a boost source for customers looking to install a boost gauge, or their Meth injection kit requires a boost reference. Part 1 of this product will be for customer's to do their own "play and play" meth install. Part 2 of this product will be a direct plug and play kit using an AEM #30-3350 meth kit. Full instructions and results, this will be either be a part of "Phase 3" or it will be a filler during phases.

Wheel Hop Eliminator Kit - There shouldn't be any *GASPS* when I say that the new 2015+ Mustangs have a really bad wheel hop problem. I experience it almost everytime I'm driving our EBM. We are still on the drawing board with this one, but we have some good ideas and already took some measures for bushings and possible links. We will update as we have more on this project.

Catch Can and Reservoir Combo - Again, no *GASPS* when I say the factory coolant expansion tank is just terrible. I know there are many companies already releasing or will be soon releasing reservoirs but ours will have an added benefit. That benefit will be the addition of a built in catch can. There are already catch cans on the market, but they are either mounted off in the distance and throws off the "Feng Shui" of the engine bay or aren't effective. Our kit will allow for a nice clean install at the front of the engine bay, and will be heated by the coolant tank. Heating the catch can will prevent any condensation from forming in the catch can, which can freeze in colder climates. Also, this will allow the oil/water vapors coming from the engine to remain in vapor form rather than turning into a liquid. We have some ideas and it is on the drawing board. We will be posting picture updates as we develop.

Custom Tunes 91, 93, E85 - PLEASE CLICK THE GREEN LINK IN MY SIGNATURE FOR CUSTOM TUNING INFORMATION

Engine Teardown, Inspection, Development - Some of you might of caught wind of this already as I posted a picture on one of the facebook groups. If you didn't, here is some info! We ordered a complete, brand new longblock from Ford to tear down, learn every aspect of the engine, and start with our custom sleeving/builds. Golden Eagle already offers sleeving, and other companies offer engine builds. We are aware, and we can't be first to the market on everything but we can definitely try to be the best option when it comes time for an engine build! We have a full service machine shop in our facility so we have full control over the quality of our builds. We don't have to rely on others to achieve our precision requirements like other builders have to. So as we go through the tear down process and the development process it will documented very thoroughly so you guys can get a look at what your engines consist of.

As you can see we are going to have ourselves a busy couple of months. We have already got a head start on some of the projects but some are still in the drawing stages. Intercooler and Charge Piping are going to be priority, along with custom tunes, and turbo kit. We already have some work done for the turbo kit as you will see in the pictures below, and custom tuning has already started and is going to take a little more time to iron out than we expected.

Again, we encourage you guys to ask questions and give some input on product development. We are open to any ideas you guys have on this phase of products. If you have new product ideas, outside of what we have listed here, please feel free to shoot me over a pm. If it is something we are capable of doing, I will post a feeler thread to see how much interest there is and go from there!

Thank you for all your support!

-Adam Brunson

Sponsored

Last edited:

Juben

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Mustang (AT) w/PP
Subscribed. To say I'm looking forward to all of this would be a gross understatement!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

wireless

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Oxford White Ecoboost Premium
mmmm turbo kit

LeonBorden

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2JZ Formula D Pro AM Cressida, 2015 EB PP
After about three hours and eight pairs of tires I have to say the rear end is going to be the biggest limiting factor in being competitive in this car next season. I believe some aluminum bushings will eliminate 90% of this and will be interested to see what you guys come up with.

OP
OP
MAPerformance

MAPerformance

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.maperformance.com
First Name
Sales
Vehicle(s)
After about three hours and eight pairs of tires I have to say the rear end is going to be the biggest limiting factor in being competitive in this car next season. I believe some aluminum bushings will eliminate 90% of this and will be interested to see what you guys come up with.
We are going to keep drivability in mind during our development. Aluminum bushings would help out a ton, it will also put a lot of stress on the rest of the driveline and make the EBM rattle like a 97 Civic CX Hatch! We will start drawing up the bushings hopefully by the end of this week and will get in touch with our urethane mold company to get some pricing and eta's together. We will more than likely do the first set in 3D print for fitment, then cut some urethane ourselves in house for real world testing, then submit for molds. We have the ability to cut urethane in our facility, but it wouldn't be cost effective and would make the kit too expensive for our customers.

Sponsored

TurboAg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost PP 6MT
E85 or other fueling related info?

Impulsed7

HPDE Champion
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
EB PP track rat...
I would be interested in solid (aluminum or otherwise) rear subframe mounts, but keep everything else poly or urethane.

For reference, the new M3 has a solid mounted rear subframe with minimal NVH effects.

LeonBorden

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2JZ Formula D Pro AM Cressida, 2015 EB PP
And for the record I would as well, even if it was a pre order limited run type thing.

Sponsored

Impulsed7

HPDE Champion
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
EB PP track rat...
Although I would hate to be the first mustang owner to rip his subframe out from the body. Maybe reinforcement plates and solid mounts?

OP
OP
MAPerformance

MAPerformance

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.maperformance.com
First Name
Sales
Vehicle(s)
E85 or other fueling related info?
We are going to be seeing how far we can take the stock fuel system. I have seen a bolt on turbo kit that has made 400 on the stock fuel system but they aren't sharing any duty cycle information. Even if they did share their data I still would want to do it on our own. If it is needed we will develop a fuel system upgrade, no problems there.

E85 tuning will start after we get our intercooler and charge pipe kit done. It is going to be required as this car cannot produce consistent 300+whp pulls because of the factory intercooler system.

Best post ever.
:cheers:

Lots of great stuff here. Thanks for your dedication to the platform:headbang:
No problem, we really like this car and are very excited to develop it more!

I would be interested in solid (aluminum or otherwise) rear subframe mounts, but keep everything else poly or urethane.

For reference, the new M3 has a solid mounted rear subframe with minimal NVH effects.
Please correct me if I am wrong, but I believe the new M3 is solid mounted to the subframe and the subframe is mounted via 8 Polyurethane mounts. That will definitely keep the NVH down as there isn't a direct transfer of torque to the driver, as it it is being isolated by 8 mounts. The EBM does mount to the subframe in a similar fashion but doesn't have as many isolated mounting points so there will be a a more server transfer of torque to the cars "chassis" that the driver will definitely feel.

I think for you guys that want solid bushings, we will offer a 95a bushing that is essentially solid but with a little give. The street versions will definitely be around 65a-80a to avoid losing the plushness of the EBM :lol:

And for the record I would as well, even if it was a pre order limited run type thing.
Limited run isn't always the best way to do things. It will be very time consuming and will interrupt the production process we have in place. We don't outsource any of our machining work so when we develop a product we like to add it to our CNC queue and keep the workflow going. I don't think there is going to be enough interest in solid mounts as most EBM owners aren't looking to create a brand new rattle box ;) haha. I honestly think a set of 95a bushings is going to do you just fine, not to mention it will be much more cost effective.

Although I would hate to be the first mustang owner to rip his subframe out from the body. Maybe reinforcement plates and solid mounts?
We will be looking into full replacement engine mounts during a later phase. More than likely right after production on "Phase 2" starts, engine mounts will be part of "Phase 3".

UPDATE : 2/19/2015

I will be working on a customers build thread today. Jason's (15svo) car is in for a full Phase 1 upgrade, and I will be documenting the progress. I will be doing engine break in on the dyno today, and have some baseline auto numbers by the end of the day. From there we will install all the parts, and get some numbers with Cobb OTS map, then our custom tune. Jason will more than likely be back at the end of March for a full Phase 2 upgrade! Will let you all know how it goes!

Juben

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Mustang (AT) w/PP
Are you guys still ironing some things out with your custom tune?

OP
OP
MAPerformance

MAPerformance

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.maperformance.com
First Name
Sales
Vehicle(s)
Are you guys still ironing some things out with your custom tune?

Yup, I'm scheduling my whole day Tuesday to tuning the EBM. There are just a few more things we want to try out to get some more power out of the car. As I posted on some facebook groups the ecu is limiting the car from making power. If you take a look at everyone's dynographs that have been posted, peak power is coming right about 5500rpm's and then dropping from there. The car is making power, then the ecu is like.. hahah nah... down you go!

Have a look at FFtec's turbo kit post they just did. Even with an aftermarket turbo their peak power is at 5500rpm. That turbo should make power all the way to redline.

We want to make sure the tune is 100% ready to go, and it is making the most power safely. We intend to offer tunes that are going to support customers that drive, drag, and track their cars. So it needs to be precise, and needs to be safe!
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.