Sponsored

Official 50 Year Limited Edition Mustang Thread

SVTFreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Wimbledon white LE #275 A6
Yep. The addition of PP precludes the spoiler and addition of being anniversary car precludes BLISS (I suspect to lose the ugly pimples in the bumper YAY!)
Sponsored

Topnotch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mazda CX-9 Touring

GiddyUp15

YMR Member #585
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danny
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Convertible
Yep. The addition of PP precludes the spoiler and addition of being anniversary car precludes BLISS (I suspect to lose the ugly pimples in the bumper YAY!)
BLIS doesn't add the bumper dimples, fyi...that's for the reverse sensing. BLIS adds radar sensors to the rear fenders, which is totally seamless. I think BLIS is still included with the LE? Odd they don't include ACC and rain sensing wipers since those don't change aesthetics any (ACC lower grill is the same as the LE grill)...

Brent302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP
BLIS doesn't add the bumper dimples, fyi...that's for the reverse sensing. BLIS adds radar sensors to the rear fenders, which is totally seamless. I think BLIS is still included with the LE? Odd they don't include ACC and rain sensing wipers since those don't change aesthetics any (ACC lower grill is the same as the LE grill)...
ACC/Wipers/Sensors would push the car to 50k if not over. Ford didn't want that so they lobbed off three unpopular options.

GiddyUp15

YMR Member #585
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danny
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Convertible
ACC/Wipers/Sensors would push the car to 50k if not over. Ford didn't want that so they lobbed off three unpopular options.
That makes sense, but wouldn't people pay that anyway if forced to get it? Just figured they'd try and ream the customers out of more $$$ since they wouldn't have a problem selling 1964 of them no matter what options they put on it. Just a thought :-)

Sponsored

Brent302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP
That makes sense, but wouldn't people pay that anyway if forced to get it? Just figured they'd try and ream the customers out of more $$$ since they wouldn't have a problem selling 1964 of them no matter what options they put on it. Just a thought :-)
Ford does care...we aren't talking about a GM/Mopar product here lol

SVTFreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford does care...we aren't talking about a GM/Mopar product here lol

Exactly. Ford doesn't set or plan adm's and 50k is a big point to cross for a non vert.

Maz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford XC Cobra (Australia)
50th year Limited Edition

Boys,

I'm old school (46) and this is my first ever post so be kind. I have been an Australian fan of Mustang all my life and I've always liked the understated Wimbledon white. I'd only change a few things on the Anniversary Limited Edition.

Does anyone have any thoughts on a blue interior (darker than the original 65's), and a modern take on a Grant's wooden steering wheel incorporating all the modern buttons?

Also if anyone has seen a modern version of the American racing wheels I'd love to take a look. I'll probably loose a few ppl here but a whitewall option would look good as well.

With these 3 changes you could really see the linage. Anyone agree?

Cheers,

Maz

kellyj3ray

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kelly
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350, 2013 Ford Fusion Titanium
#1433/1964 KB Auto

Saw 1433 of 1964 today. I love the Kona Blue. I wish I could get that color on another trim level. This car was just finished being detailed but the salesman said they were adding a $30,000 ADM. Nice, but no thanks.
Id plate.jpg
drivers door.jpg
passenger side.jpg
rear 3quarter.jpg

Keyser_Soze

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
19 GT350 in VB, '13 F150
Boys,

I'm old school (46) and this is my first ever post so be kind. I have been an Australian fan of Mustang all my life and I've always liked the understated Wimbledon white. I'd only change a few things on the Anniversary Limited Edition.

Does anyone have any thoughts on a blue interior (darker than the original 65's), and a modern take on a Grant's wooden steering wheel incorporating all the modern buttons?

Also if anyone has seen a modern version of the American racing wheels I'd love to take a look. I'll probably loose a few ppl here but a whitewall option would look good as well.

With these 3 changes you could really see the linage. Anyone agree?

Cheers,

Maz
Love the blue interior idea on a WW or OW, or even (gasp) CO car. The wheel, maybe. The whitewalls no way, car is way too modern for that now.

Sponsored

PortalMaker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Lexus IS300 AWD
I may have missed it while reading through the thread... but can anyone confirm if they recieved a full owner's manual with a case for their 50th car, or if they just got a owner's manual and warranty guide?

SVTFreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I may have missed it while reading through the thread... but can anyone confirm if they recieved a full owner's manual with a case for their 50th car, or if they just got a owner's manual and warranty guide?

Not yet. Still waiting.