Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
22 GT500HE Black Stripes, 20 GT350HE, 16 GT350R Ba
Interesting. So it will have the same size tire for all (4) even though the PP2’s had a staggered wheel setup?
The wheels have different offsets and widths but the tires are the same all around.
Sponsored

BrandoS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brando
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Is this a registry of pp2 that's on the street or total loss too? but yeah this one was mines. Someone bought this car on copart for 10k I think. Good deal if you ask me. Got cash out during the peak of the used car market. I got back a little bit over msrp for this mustang. I ended up getting a 2019 base model GT, just going to start from scratch and load this mustang the way I want it.
IMG_6003 2.jpg
6147F952-7165-4D14-B158-BCFEADC2356C_1_201_a.jpeg
IMG_5475.JPG
IMG_5465.JPG

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
I sort of remember an audio upgrade offered. It also included extra nanny features. That's the best I can do with that.

Interesting. So it will have the same size tire for all (4) even though the PP2’s had a staggered wheel setup?
Yes that is so,

You mentioned above that using the VIN you couldn't find specifics for the PP2 generally or delivered.

Not having the need so this is speculation. As with all automakers today, even a 1 year production run changes are made.

So if the s550 has a 5-year history, those parts and configuration changes become important and must be tracked >VIN

Maybe the public will not have that access, (intellectual property) but it is out there nonetheless.

I will back that statement up with the following;

99 Silvertodo LS, small item ignition wires. Ask the part counter (factory), next question, why the VIN. Because there were 2 runs that year, the coil packs were changed.

With the VIN pulled he says I see you have the positraction rear gear...... There is the information you seek, you just don't have the creds to access it. I'm willing to bet Ford does the same.

13GetThere

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lynn
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium PP2 Magnet Grey
Cobra Jet, I was going to respond to your questions, but I think they were all answered by the time I read your question.
On the B&O, I have it in my PP2, and I'm really not impressed with the sound compared to the sound that was in my 2013 Mustang GT. I do like that I have a CD player though.

chefwally32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
walter
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang gt pp2
Vehicle Showcase
yup, and due to the 19x11 rear wheels, 315 wide rear tires fit perfect

Sponsored

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Does the Orange PP2 have metal flake in it, or is it just a single stage orange with no depth?

What was the absolute “base” PP2 that was available? The reason I ask is I saw a PP2 online for sale (confirmed PP2 as well). When I started viewing the pics, it had the “base” cloth GT seats (the black w/ the lighter vertical stripes up the middles front and rear). I didn’t think the PP2 could be a “stripped” down version.

Smunczen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang gt pp2
Yep you could buy a stripped base car. I think the min was a 301a package though.

mustang5o

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Oxford White Mach 1 Handling Pack
Does the Orange PP2 have metal flake in it, or is it just a single stage orange with no depth?

What was the absolute “base” PP2 that was available? The reason I ask is I saw a PP2 online for sale (confirmed PP2 as well). When I started viewing the pics, it had the “base” cloth GT seats (the black w/ the lighter vertical stripes up the middles front and rear). I didn’t think the PP2 could be a “stripped” down version.
Yep you could buy a stripped base car. I think the min was a 301a package though.
Exactly. My 2019 is 301A. Minimum to order PP2 (no 300A) because it needed the upgraded electronics to control the drive modes I'm guessing. So 301A added the Sync 3 8" screen with Android Auto/Apple Car Play and the MyColor system IIRC. The 300/301 were both cloth. The only options I added were Recaro seats (cloth of course since it's a base model) and the Active Valve Exhaust.

Biggus Dickus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
G
Vehicle(s)
Focus RS, Mustang GT, MME GTPE
301a was an option on mine, and I don't think it was required with PP2, but I may be wrong.

mustang5o

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
301a was an option on mine, and I don't think it was required with PP2, but I may be wrong.
It was required. Which was fine with me as I wanted Sync3.

EDIT: Went back and looked at the 2018 order guide which was the first year of the PP2. It says: Performance Package – Level 2 (673) is now available on 301A and 401A

Sponsored

ShadowPP2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang PP2, 2003 SVT Cobra, 1940 Ford Coupe
Vehicle Showcase

According to Ford's order guide for the 2019 year, you had to at minimum get a manual trans and the 301A electronic package. A pure base GT without the 301A has the PP2 option shaded out on the order guide.
Mine is like the one you saw online. It was a leftover 2019 that the dealer had ordered but not sold. Its a base model with cloth seats (comfy & supportive), no B&O sound system, no heated/cooled seats, no "Safe & Smart" option with lane assist but the 301A Electronic package gives me the large dash screen, Sync 3 system with voice activated phone, Apple play, Sat/Nav, ambient lighting & drive mode controls.

Smunczen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang gt pp2
My 20 was a loaded up 301a package car which was more than the 401a package car with all the options and Recaro seats.

Sabre

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Iconic Silver 2023 Mach 1 with Handling Package
Thanks for the replies from all who has responded, I know I had quite a few PP2 questions in a single post… LOL

The PP2 I was looking at did have the window sticker, it does have the 401A and the Safe and Smart Package listed, but absolutely no mention of what it’s equipped with as far as the stereo system. I have seen images of the vehicle and the center dash speaker grille is not the B&O. I also didn’t see a sub in the trunk, but the image is cutoff by the rear passenger side, so maybe it’s there but I can’t see it.

It does have the “55 Year” dash badge.

Still looking…. I wish there was some sort of production counts available, because one can’t even tell by the VIN’s if a GT is a PP2 or not (even if it had some of the PP2 add-ons).
I talked with Carl Widmann (Chief Engineer for S550 Mustang ) at Mustang Alley in Detroit in August. I asked him about total PP2 production numbers. He said he didn't have hard and fast number, but it was probably in the 1500 - 1700 area.

mustang5o

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My 20 was a loaded up 301a package car which was more than the 401a package car with all the options and Recaro seats.
If I remember correctly PP2 got expensive in 2020 so that might be why. If the 401a car had PP2 it would be more yet.

ShadowPP2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang PP2, 2003 SVT Cobra, 1940 Ford Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
I talked with Carl Widmann (Chief Engineer for S550 Mustang ) at Mustang Alley in Detroit in August. I asked him about total PP2 production numbers. He said he didn't have hard and fast number, but it was probably in the 1500 - 1700 area.
I'm curious about exact production numbers too. The Marti group said it takes 3 years after production for Ford to release numbers so maybe we'll know next year.
Sponsored