Sponsored

Cleaning Active X seats

BabyDoc1012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 Sierra, ‘21 Expedition, ‘22 Mach 1
So this isn’t S550 related, but my wife’s expedition has the active X interior. I know that you can get the active X in the eco boost. What are you guys using to clean and protect it? I don’t want to use the leather cleaner I use in my GT. I don’t want it to be slippery. Thanks for the help.
Sponsored

OP
OP
BabyDoc1012

BabyDoc1012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 Sierra, ‘21 Expedition, ‘22 Mach 1

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
I would be treating this material like any other artificial leather. Use an appropriate cleaner then top with a protectant.

After trying the Colour Lock system a few months ago, this would be my number one choice. They offer a range of cleaners and protectors, the one you want is the Artificial Leather Cleaner and Artificial Leather Protector. It's also handy to have a leather brush (for cleaning) and the applicator sponges (for the protector, not essential though). What I like about ColourLock is that they only focus on leather and leather like products.

Colourlock Artificial Leather Cleaner | Car Leather Cleaner | Obsessed Garage
Colourlock Artificial Leather Protector | Protective Coating | Obsessed Garage

Colourlock Cleaning Brush | Leather & Fabric Brush | Obsessed Garage
Colourlock Sponge Tool | Foam Applicator | Obsessed Garage

IMG_2240.jpg

IMG_2262.jpg

IMG_2248.jpg

IMG_2282.jpg

IMG_2280.jpg

IMG_2303.jpg

Another product to look at would be Koch Chemie Pol Star. This is a fabric, textile and leather cleaner that also has a protective element in it. This is a dilutable product so you will need a spray bottle to mix it into. It's as simple as spray, agitate and wipe.

Koch-Chemie - Pol Star | The Rag Company

IMG-0554.jpg

IMG-0557.jpg

IMG-0559.jpg

IMG-0562.jpg
Sponsored