Sponsored

What did you do to your Aussie S550 today..

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Every bug remover I have used has smelt the same, likewise every tar remover. I mention that as a way of saying most of these products work in a similar manner, some better than others.

Being a combination of tar and bug remover and considering I have not used that Turtle Wax product, I can't really comment on it.

The reality is that bug and tar removers are a solvent, so use them with caution, especially tar removers.
The reason I asked is that this is definitely NOT the same solvent as all the others. Zero of that smell we all know. Not masked but absent.
Sponsored

KermiStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
AJ
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT N4G
The exhaust, right? If not I have no idea why it was hard to get out :shock:. But then you did say you were going to polish it before you put it back in...I'm so confused.

Of course it was easier to fit the first time, chemicals are released in our bodies when fitting new parts among which is a powerful anaesthetic that neutralises the pain of skinned knuckles, scraped elbows, gouged forearms, and bruised heads.
Nah first time was easy to get the exhaust on. No skinned knuckles, or anything else. It was a very easy job. This time I thought I'd save time and do it a "different way" that did t work, LOL. For single piece exhaust, just drop the diff hangers. For multi piece exhaust with active valves, drop the rear muffler mounts from the car frame, and then the forward pipes from the diff hangers. ( All after disconnecting the rear active plugs and a couple of wiring to frame plastic pushpins first of course)

GT 550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black GT MT S550
Nah first time was easy to get the exhaust on.
Sorry my attempt at gutter humour was probably too lame. When you said 'it was easier to get in the first time...hard to get out etc' I was asking if you were definitely referring to the exhaust, or 'something else'.

KermiStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
AJ
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT N4G
Sorry my attempt at gutter humour was probably too lame. When you said 'it was easier to get in the first time...hard to get out etc' I was asking if you were definitely referring to the exhaust, or 'something else'.
I know LOL. Just let that one go through to the keeper.

Sponsored

GT 550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black GT MT S550
Is the FRPP one solid or hollow?

Track pack?

Really interested to know your impressions of the whole set up.

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
For interest: Standard GT PP1 sway bar alongside the FP upgrade version for the GT.

2CBE39ED-88A2-4B29-AC38-A19F21B6E1A3.jpeg

A2E4287F-EAD3-4C78-8EA6-074F66CF79A1.jpeg

5A5B0318-F467-47DF-A825-0F5EAFF34A76.jpeg
That's real interesting as your measurement actually puts that bar thicker than any of the M1 or 350 offerings :

1651840491579.png

Any chance you can confirm the front bar diameters (both standard MR and your handling pack bars) so I can fill in some more values out on my table ?

Cheers,

WD :like:

KermiStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
AJ
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT N4G
Is the FRPP one solid or hollow?

Track pack?

Really interested to know your impressions of the whole set up.
I'm not sure re' hollow or solid (on either of them). I should be able to tell by the weight, or somewhere else on this site. I have not fitted either yet so will weigh all four and post results.

This: https://performanceparts.ford.com/part/M-9602-M

Review and other options:
####
American Muscle speaking with Ford Engineer on FP Suspension upgrades including Magnaride.
Start at time 6.05 for Magnaride description, and 12.45 for the Magnaride test drive. The they take 4 different 2018 cars with different suspension setups through a Ford proving ground track.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OwxShC09Y1U

####
Mustang6g Thread on M-9602-M

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/m-9602-m-2018-19-mustang-ford-performance-magneri

####

Yep I'll post. It will be a while. I have a lot of stuff to fit and am taking my time.

Last edited:

KermiStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
AJ
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT N4G
That's real interesting as your measurement actually puts that bar thicker than any of the M1 or 350 offerings :

1651840491579.png

Any chance you can confirm the front bar diameters (both standard MR and your handling pack bars) so I can fill in some more values out on my table ?

Cheers,

WD :like:
Yep the springs and sway bars (or M-9602-M kit) are upgrades to the Magnaride fitted EB, GT PP1, GT PP2, GT350, and GT350R vehicles. I pretty sure the three later already have the uprated VDM software, and don't need the updated flash. FP have updated their link for this kit recently to cover the Mach 1 and Mach 1 HP, and it too has the VDM software already, but I'm not seeing anything about upgrades for the springs or sway bars for those cars, or may be in the works or not. It is not very clear. It took them a while to bring out a kit for Magnaride cars so maybe that will be the same for the Mach 1 series....?

Pretty sure the front bar is 37mm. It's massive, but I will mic' it and let you know. There is a section on this site on sway bars that has a table of spec's. Yours may have more, but check it out.

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/sway-bar-size-compilation.80809/

Not sure where you will get the uprated bar or spring rates but it would be interesting if you find them.

Spring Kit:
https://performanceparts.ford.com/part/M-5300-W

Edit. M-5300-W spring rates. https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/m-5300-w-fp-spring-rates.91226/

Sway Bar Kit:
https://performanceparts.ford.com/part/M-5490-G

Last edited:

Sponsored

GT 550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black GT MT S550
@KermiStang who's doing your alignment AJ? IIRC you're in SA? I'm looking to have mine done in Adelaide when I get over next week.

Cheers

KermiStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
AJ
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT N4G
@KermiStang who's doing your alignment AJ? IIRC you're in SA? I'm looking to have mine done in Adelaide when I get over next week.

Cheers
I've not decided yet. I want to visit some shops and speak to the guys that do the work first and see what they know.

GT 550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black GT MT S550
Hi All, Attached is the full Dyno printout on my 2017 Mustang GT after Long Tube Header/Hi-Flow cat install - The Torque figures appear high at 502 Ft/Lb @ 4,662 RPM - Comments appreciated.
1652164780179.png
Hey Tony do you have a before/after overlay? Would be helpful to get an idea of the scale of improvement because of course all dynos read differently, hub vs rolling road etc.

How does it drive?
Sponsored