Modifying Exhaust

Zrussian13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT, 2018 Acura MDX
Nope. It's only been about 7 months and 12k miles but everything is solid so far.
Sponsored

Proshop

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Mustang GT
Nope. It's only been about 7 months and 12k miles but everything is solid so far.
My shop doesnā€™t think the resonators will do much for my sound and suggested high flow cats. Iā€™m dead set against cats because Iā€™ve read to much about them getting clogged and melting with superchargers and my mods. So Iā€™m still trying to figure out what direction I wanna go.

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
My shop doesnā€™t think the resonators will do much for my sound and suggested high flow cats. Iā€™m dead set against cats because Iā€™ve read to much about them getting clogged and melting with superchargers and my mods. So Iā€™m still trying to figure out what direction I wanna go.
If you want to kill the sound all together you could go MF Tru X. But that will bring it down to almost stock levels.

FruityJudy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
I had mak cat deletes, h pipe, and factory active exhaust. It had too much rasp at part throttle cruising. Added vibrant resonators behind the H and it made it help tremendously. I just swapped to the Magnaflow X Mod exhaust and have the tru-x in place currently. I love the tone, it doesnt have the volume my last setup had though but many members here say after 1k miles it breaks in, gets louder and sounds perfect. Time will tell

GregO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 GTPP
https://www.stainlessbros.com/25-dualdual-ss304-dual-thin-oval-muffler-17-oal--polished.html
https://www.stainlessbros.com/3-dualdual-ss304-thin-oval-muffler-17-oal--polished.html . Check out engineermike's thread on exhaust pressure in the forced induction section.

Stay away from X-Pipes and you should change out those 2.25" OEM choke connections points.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Zrussian13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT, 2018 Acura MDX
I was worried resonators wouldn't be enough either. I used fiberglass packed mufflers. Same size as the resonators I was looking at but with more sound deadening and still 3" straight through.

Proshop

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Mustang GT
https://www.stainlessbros.com/25-dualdual-ss304-dual-thin-oval-muffler-17-oal--polished.html
https://www.stainlessbros.com/3-dualdual-ss304-thin-oval-muffler-17-oal--polished.html . Check out engineermike's thread on exhaust pressure in the forced induction section.

Stay as far away as possible from X-Pipes and you should change out those 2.25" OEM choke connections points.
Iā€™ve actually commented before in that thread I believe. The rear section of my exhaust the x-pipe and stock mufflers is the weakest point in my whole setup but this is also my daily driver and not a track car yet so Iā€™m just trying to kill some of the noise and I enjoy the active exhaust. So the mufflers above go in place of the x-pipe?

Proshop

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Mustang GT
I was worried resonators wouldn't be enough either. I used fiberglass packed mufflers. Same size as the resonators I was looking at but with more sound deadening and still 3" straight through.
Yeah I need straight through and no flow restrictions.

GregO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 GTPP
The rear section of my exhaust the x-pipe and stock mufflers is the weakest point in my whole setup but this is also my daily driver and not a track car yet so Iā€™m just trying to kill some of the noise and I enjoy the active exhaust. So the mufflers above go in place of the x-pipe?
Those OEM mufflers are actually very well designed.
Yes, have someone fit the Stainless Bros. dual/dual in the X-pipe location. The center to center is wider but with headers that's any easy fix. I'd suggest who ever you have install put in a H-style crossover. If your using the factory cat back then the 2.5" Stainless Bros. is the better option, more packing material vs. 3.0".

Proshop

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Mustang GT
Those OEM mufflers are actually very well designed.
Yes, have someone fit the Stainless Bros. dual/dual in the X-pipe location. The center to center is wider but with headers that's any easy fix. I'd suggest who ever you have install put in a H-style crossover. If your using the factory cat back then the 2.5" Stainless Bros. is the better option, more packing material vs. 3.0".
Appreciate the help sir! My shop and I are researching all options that are available to figure out what would be best. I also donā€™t want to break the bank since I told the wife as my new yearā€™s resolution I wouldnā€™t spend money on the car this year after all the money I threw at it last year šŸ˜³!

Sponsored

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
since I told the wife as my new yearā€™s resolution I wouldnā€™t spend money on the car this year after all the money I threw at it last year šŸ˜³!
Wishful thinking though? šŸ˜

Proshop

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Mustang GT
Wishful thinking though? šŸ˜
Tell me about it I had plans to do a rear seat delete, racing seats and a harness barā€¦. I donā€™t think sheā€™ll notice those things at all. I also have to buy her a racing helmet because thatā€™s the only way she will ride with me now. Lol

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
Tell me about it I had plans to do a rear seat delete, racing seats and a harness barā€¦. I donā€™t think sheā€™ll notice those things at all. I also have to buy her a racing helmet because thatā€™s the only way she will ride with me now. Lol
There you go. Get creative with the accounting. Tell her the super awesome custon helmet you had made just for her was the amount to cover those other smallish, less noticeable mods šŸ˜‡

Proshop

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Mustang GT
There you go. Get creative with the accounting. Tell her the super awesome custon helmet you had made just for her was the amount to cover those other smallish, less noticeable mods šŸ˜‡
As long as itā€™s purple she will be down (she is a purple freak), when I showed her they had a purple 5 point harness her eyes lit up and gave her approval. šŸ¤£