ztdoyle14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zach
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT 2017
Hey y’all,

So I own a 2017 GT and I’m wanting to change my exhaust setup. I have been rocking BBK Long tube headers/off-road long tube connection pipes (catless)/ x-pipes/roush axleback tips for over a year now. I give the loudness a 9 out of 10 in my books but needing to go a tad bit quieter. I don’t want to go back to stock I just want the loudness down a bit. Any thoughts??
Sponsored

kaibab

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt convertible California special
Hey y’all,

So I own a 2017 GT and I’m wanting to change my exhaust setup. I have been rocking BBK Long tube headers/off-road long tube connection pipes (catless)/ x-pipes/roush axleback tips for over a year now. I give the loudness a 9 out of 10 in my books but needing to go a tad bit quieter. I don’t want to go back to stock I just want the loudness down a bit. Any thoughts??
Hello Zach, i have the stock mufflers and pipe starting from behind the resonator back from my deceased 2015 gt vert. You can pick them up for free if you like. I am near the target in wylie.

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
Hey y’all,

If you just want to tone it down a bit a pair of Vibrant bullets welded in line could do the trick. Back when I had ARH long tubes mated to Corsa Xtremes I went that route and it killed the annoying trumpty tone as well as brought the volume down a bit.

thelostotter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GTPP
Vibrant resonators as mentioned above or if you prefer American made, Stainless Headers bullet mufflers. They can make you any length you want and do 3" ID or OD, whatever makes it easier to mate with your existing system. I am using them on my ARH full exhaust for the same reason as you.

avy15

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT Premium
Hey y’all,

Would you happen to have a video of your current setup by any chance? Looking to change my h pipe/Roush setup. TIA!

Sponsored

Proshop

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Mustang GT
If you just want to tone it down a bit a pair of Vibrant bullets welded in line could do the trick. Back when I had ARH long tubes mated to Corsa Xtremes I went that route and it killed the annoying trumpty tone as well as brought the volume down a bit.
Where did you put them in line at?

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
Where did you put them in line at?
Immediately after the muffler in the straight piping area before the double x. I opted for thr 1794s which are 12" long and 3" in and out. Used this pic as a guide.

Vibrants.jpg

Proshop

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Mustang GT
Immediately after the muffler in the straight piping area before the double x. I opted for thr 1794s which are 12" long and 3" in and out. Used this pic as a guide.

Vibrants.jpg
Appreciate the answer and the pic! My setup is LTH’s no cats, Roush x-pipe and factory mufflers and active exhaust. Even in normal mode it is extremely loud let alone the settings above normal so I just wanna tone it down a bit since it is my DD.

Proshop

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Mustang GT
Can the bullets be placed any where in line after the headers? Will it make a difference with sound if away from the mufflers like right after the headers?

thelostotter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GTPP
I personally mounted them as far back as I could so the temperature would be lower. Not sure it makes any difference with these bullet mufflers that have stainless wool packing, probably more important when fiberglass packing is used. I put mine right before the exhaust turns to go around the diff.

Sponsored

Proshop

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Mustang GT
I personally mounted them as far back as I could so the temperature would be lower. Not sure it makes any difference with these bullet mufflers that have stainless wool packing, probably more important when fiberglass packing is used. I put mine right before the exhaust turns to go around the diff.
Reason I ask is cause I have a perfect spot for them right after the LTH’s to put in. But I definitely get the heat factor. I may have to see what room I have near the mufflers.
3F8DCE62-B9E4-4E81-AF42-40FBFE1C5642.jpeg

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
Reason I ask is cause I have a perfect spot for them right after the LTH’s to put in. But I definitely get the heat factor. I may have to see what room I have near the mufflers.
The heat factor plus the sound dampening would be a reason to put them further back if possible, though if you can only get them near the headers they will still help more than not having them.

Proshop

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Mustang GT
The heat factor plus the sound dampening would be a reason to put them further back if possible, though if you can only get them near the headers they will still help more than not having them.
Appreciate the help. I’ll have to see what my shop can come up with.

Zrussian13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT, 2018 Acura MDX
I didn't have the room down stream so I put mine up stream right after my down pipes. My setup goes turbos, down pipes, 3" glass packs, x pipe to a modified borla midpipe then out through the stype mufflers. Still has a bite but sounds bareable on cols starts now. This is the best shot I have of the set up from underneath.
20210515_161049.jpg

Proshop

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Mustang GT
I didn't have the room down stream so I put mine up stream right after my down pipes. My setup goes turbos, down pipes, 3" glass packs, x pipe to a modified borla midpipe then out through the stype mufflers. Still has a bite but sounds bareable on cols starts now. This is the best shot I have of the set up from underneath.
20210515_161049.jpg
Awesome! So no issue to speak of since doing this combo?
Sponsored